Does School Matter That Much?

Topic locked
Does school matter that much? Nov 11, 2006
I don't want to become a doctor or a teacher or something big, i don't care about that and im so tired of school.it's causing me a lot of problems.what exactly are we taught there? i didn't learn anything. NOTHING. and i think it's a waste of time.what do you think would be a good way to be able to stop going to school, or how to convince my mom or something. i don't want to go to fuckin school.

PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 11, 2006
i think that having an education is important...especially these days.

so i cant really be of much help
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 11, 2006
i know how to read and write. i think that's enough.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 11, 2006
PARANOID wrote:i know how to read and write. i think that's enough.

Need more practice in the writing department: should be capital "I's".
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 11, 2006
when i was in high school..i hated studyin..but now that im in college i knw y it is important/..
think about it ..
would they pick u ...someone who didnt finish high school... or someone who finished college ....for the job?? :wink:
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Nov 11, 2006
Concord wrote:

I'm pretty sure that dosent cause the end of the world.therefore it is not important.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 11, 2006
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:when i was in high school..i hated studyin..but now that im in college i knw y it is important/..
think about it ..
would they pick u ...someone who didnt finish high school... or someone who finished college ....for the job?? :wink:

but im not good at school stuff anyways, for college you need certain grades to be able to make it through, i can finish high school but with crappy grades that wont get me anywhere. it's all the same.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Does school matter that much? Nov 11, 2006
PARANOID wrote:I don't want to become a doctor or a teacher or something big, i don't care about that and im so tired of school.it's causing me a lot of problems.what exactly are we taught there? i didn't learn anything. NOTHING. and i think it's a waste of time.what do you think would be a good way to be able to stop going to school, or how to convince my mom or something. i don't want to go to fuckin school.

It really depends on how you feel about your highschool...college is generally more fun than highschool anyways lol.

I think its good to stay ahead of the age curve at things cause that way if you end up wanting to do something else for a bit it wont mean you'll fall behind.
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Re: Does school matter that much? Nov 11, 2006
PARANOID wrote:I don't want to become a doctor or a teacher or something big, i don't care about that and im so tired of school.it's causing me a lot of problems.what exactly are we taught there? i didn't learn anything. NOTHING. and i think it's a waste of time.what do you think would be a good way to be able to stop going to school, or how to convince my mom or something. i don't want to go to fuckin school.

i seriousely doubt that ur mom would be convinced by any kind of arguments !

and yes school matters that much, u may now think of it like the worst thing invented but later in life u will regret if u don't take it seriously.

i dare to ask u why u dont like the school? cause apart from the freaky stuff u post here and there in the forum u seem smart. maybe u feel different u hate it cause u dont fit in, but somehow i think that there is more to it than the reasons u put.
maybe i am wrong :wink:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 11, 2006
schoooool matters no matter how much you hate it or how messed up your school life is, just finish it!!
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 11, 2006
PARANOID wrote:
Concord wrote:

I'm pretty sure that dosent cause the end of the world.therefore it is not important.

Paranoid u r right!

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt

about the spelling thing than ha...finish ur school!
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 11, 2006
Education these days is your life, take the opportunity to get as much as you can.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 11, 2006
Legendkiller wrote:Paranoid u r right!

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt

about the spelling thing than ha...finish ur school!

haha, yeah i read about that too. but then when i had my brother try and read it he couldnt. i guess it only works with those who are fluent in english (both written and the spoken word)
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 11, 2006
Unless you have already identified some talents that would take you far, college is your only resort to make a living. And no, playing school cricket and dancing in a few plays is not talent.

It is also important to do something in college that you like, instead of something that you hear makes the most money. I am doing something in college that I hate (due to cultural/parental pressure), but I've already identified my talents and make money from it. Plus I will have a college degree anyway as back-up.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 11, 2006
alright, today i feel serious about it.
do you think the first step would be not studying for the big math exam i've got tomorrow? im thinking maybe if i suck repeatedly this week in all my exams something will happen.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 11, 2006
gtmash wrote:Unless you have already identified some talents that would take you far, college is your only resort to make a living. And no, playing school cricket and dancing in a few plays is not talent.

It is also important to do something in college that you like, instead of something that you hear makes the most money. I am doing something in college that I hate (due to cultural/parental pressure), but I've already identified my talents and make money from it. Plus I will have a college degree anyway as back-up.

i wanted to become a freelance manga artist, but my parents are bitches.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 11, 2006
PARANOID wrote:
gtmash wrote:Unless you have already identified some talents that would take you far, college is your only resort to make a living. And no, playing school cricket and dancing in a few plays is not talent.

i wanted to become a freelance manga artist, but my parents are bitches.

I wish I knew who your Parents were.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 11, 2006
If you're planning to drop out of school you need to evaluate your options outside of the normal sphere of education.

For one thing, school is really important because it really is the stepping stone to ANY career path (conventional or otherwise) that you plan to follow. Right now all you're doing is covering the basics. Thats what school is for. And its not just about what you learn inside a classroom that counts at school, you also learn about nationalities, peer pressure, managing people, team work etc.

If you are very serious about dropping out, and this is a big (and adult) decision because it means you are not planning on any form of formal education, then you need to start with what you DO plan to do that will sustain you in the long term and HOW you plan to achieve it. You must know that at some point in your life you will need to support yourself and your lifestyle, be it lavish or not. Weigh it out, how successful do you think you will be and what are the odds of it working out. If you can honestly tell yourself it will work, then bring up a game plan to your parents. If anything they will respect that you've done your thinking, like an adult, and you will be in a better position to follow a game plan.

An option would be to attain your basic education, at school, and then pursue your area of interest. Whether or not your grades are great you will be able to join a course, group, university or college that can provide you with the tools you need to go further. My sister wasn't a great scholar but she is an incredible artist, always has been. She completed school, just barely, and went on to art school to do exactly what she wanted. And now she teaches art at the same university and loves every moment of it. It also happens to be the best art school in the country.

If you're planning on taking this step, do it wisely. You own your destiny.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 11, 2006
Can't decide which one of your topics made me chuckle more, prolly the gory hentai one, but whatever. Are you for real or you just trying (very) hard to build an image of yourself as a completely messed up teenager living in her own warped version of reality?

P.S: um ppl, I seriously doubt we need to take her seriously... Just check her history to read some of the stuff this chick has come up with in the past...
Nick81

Nov 11, 2006
Nick81 wrote:Can't decide which one of your topics made me chuckle more, prolly the gory hentai one, but whatever. Are you for real or you just trying (very) hard to build an image of yourself as a completely messed up teenager living in her own warped version of reality?

P.S: um ppl, I seriously doubt we need to take her seriously... Just check her history to read some of the stuff this chick has come up with in the past...

this very post made me chuckle. so now we're even.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 11, 2006
Actually I was just checking your history and I remembered the very first topic you posted here!

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

No comment. :lol: So any updates your situation at this level? Made any decision?
Nick81

Nov 11, 2006
yeah, he let me watch him masturbate on webcam then i stopped contacting him.he probably already went back home to austria cause before i stopped talking to him he told me he'll finish his work by the end of the following month at the time.

oh or do you mean updates on my current situation? im kinda nervous but i just flushed my examz schedule. that way even if i changed my mind about dropping school i wont know which pages i should study for each exam.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 11, 2006
u my friend....need help
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 11, 2006
Legendkiller wrote:u my friend....

that explain alot :roll:
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 11, 2006
Legendkiller wrote:u my friend....need help

This is a kid who needs some serious supervision by his parents.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 11, 2006
sage & onion wrote:

i thought she was a she. i think she just think she is too clever for the education system, you never know she might be another Einstein :D
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 11, 2006
sara_uk wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

i thought she was a she. i think she just think she is too clever for the education system, you never know she might be another Einstein :D

He or she doesn't matter, Einstein (know it all young fool)
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 11, 2006
I think she's being underestimated. 15 year olds are no longer kids, they are young adults. And this young adult is on some downhill trip. Its sad to see. I know a 16 year old whose in college, living on his own, making tough decisions and knows what he wants from his life. I'm sure its not easy but its better than sitting online with perverted old men or flunking out of school.

Grow up Paranoid. You're wasting your life.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 11, 2006
first of, I'm 16.
and second, so what have you become to come here preaching to people about the right way and wrong way to do things?what are you? some boring product of society's repeated patterns ? no thank you . i know what I DON'T want to become, and that is another thing like you.and I'm not wasting my life yet. the fact that i cant become what i want to become proves someone other than me has some control over my life. and the fact that i can't physically be what i want to be futher proves that. and if i had enough power those forces would already be dead and i'd have full control again and would be free to either waste my life if i wanted to or do whatever other stuff i wanna do with it.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 11, 2006
We should have a childrens section!!!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat