Let Me Be A Mod Too

Topic locked

Should Paranoid (yeah that's me) become a mod?

yes
27%
no
68%
yesh
5%

Total votes : 22

let me be a mod too Oct 03, 2006
i need something to do on the internet cause it's the only thing im using all day (im on for 8 hours a day), but even though i spend so much time online i do absolutley nothing ,sometimes i log in these lame , LAME teen forums where most of the users are the most superficial people anyone could ever meet, and everyone is posting about the stupidest new trends , actually there are only two : being bi and being emo , and everyone is so "zomgwtfBBQ look at me!!!111oneone11" so im really really bored and sometimes i just stare at my computer screen for like an hour and play with the little squares you can make with your mouse on the desktop .

if you make me a mod ill do it right every 8 hours a day.so yeah , you're not losing anything, it could be temporary, just take your time and think about it .im good btw.

PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 03, 2006
make me a mod , ill be good
:twisted:
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 03, 2006
dude dont ruin my thread, im being serious here.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 03, 2006
paranoid seriously i observed ur posts and the videos u made , u suffer from some kind of depression or syndrome.....For God's sakes u r just 15 yrs old.......go out play and chill instead of thinking mundane things like gays and homo and other ridiculous stuffs. U seriously must join a social club to wean away ur behaviour. Nuff said
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 03, 2006
sniper sounds like you're the one who needs help curing your homophobic attitude, im not one bit depressed ,i said im bored and i believe i can do well as a mod, what's the big deal? im not 15 anymore ,im turning 16 on the 21st of this month ,and a big fat LOL at the "go out and play" thing, im not 6 you know :D
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 03, 2006
Aww ur 16 that is soooo cute, imagine having a 16 yr old Mod'ding :shock:
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 03, 2006
PARANOID wrote:sniper sounds like you're the one who needs help curing your homophobic attitude, im not one bit depressed ,i said im bored and i believe i can do well as a mod, what's the big deal? im not 15 anymore ,im turning 16 on the 21st of this month ,and a big fat LOL at the "go out and play" thing, im not 6 you know :D

best of luck for ur life and ur mod application then
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 03, 2006
thank you sniper ^__^

noone has to imagine anything , how old is sara_uk ? not too older than me im guessing.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 03, 2006
she is working on her thesis
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 03, 2006
PARANOID wrote:thank you sniper ^__^

noone has to imagine anything , how old is sara_uk ? not too older than me im guessing.

Iam 29 hon thanks for the compliment though or is it not?? Age is just a number though, some men never grow up :lol: , offcourse women always mature with age and they become as fine wine.
I did not ask to be a mod, I was asked to do it. I did suggest the Arabic section though, because I love Arabic and I have been teaching it voluntarily for years now. It always makes me happy when one of my students uses what I thought them. The best students are kids, they are so cute, trying to entertaining them and make them love to learn the language is a hard task. I loved the kids and they loved me too, the youngest were 4yrs old.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 03, 2006

hmm Maybe young Mods wud do a better Job, i support ya junior :lol:
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 03, 2006
sara_uk wrote:

Iam 29 hon thanks for the compliment though or is it not?? Age is just a number though, some men never grow up :lol: , offcourse women always mature with age and they become as fine wine.
I did not ask to be a mod, I was asked to do it. I did suggest the Arabic section though, because I love Arabic and I have been teaching it voluntarily for years now. It always makes me happy when one of my students uses what I thought them. The best students are kids, they are so cute, trying to entertaining them and make them love to learn the language is a hard task. I loved the kids and they loved me too, the youngest were 4yrs old.

see Paranoid u failed first test.....now go to room and STUDY! :evil:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 03, 2006
Let there be a vote ... why don't you start a poll for it Paranoid?

Sniper ... this young person wants to do something useful with his time. There are some here who believe being a Mod is a noble pass time. Allow him to do so without shooting him down.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 04, 2006
sniper420 wrote:paranoid seriously i observed ur posts and the videos u made , u suffer from some kind of depression or syndrome.....For God's sakes u r just 15 yrs old.......go out play and chill instead of thinking mundane things like gays and homo and other ridiculous stuffs. U seriously must join a social club to wean away ur behaviour. Nuff said

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 04, 2006
No way, Jose (to you becomming a mod - well, on current posting habits anyway)
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 04, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote:Let there be a vote ... why don't you start a poll for it Paranoid?

Sniper ... this young person wants to do something useful with his time. There are some here who believe being a Mod is a noble pass time. Allow him to do so without shooting him down.

In the main i have selected the Mods in here whom, i believe have provided a valuble contribution to DF. It is also true that i have the highest regard and respect for all those that Moderate, and more importantly that they all have the respect of the majority of people who post on DF.

Respect is not a god given right it has to be earn't. This is something the young one's will learn throughout their lifetime sometimes at their cost.

In Sara's case however she was put forward by another Mod and he asked other Mods what we thought of it. She was asked because of all the reasons above and that she was part of the request for an Arab Forum and that she has, on numerous occasions kindly offered to help others who have asked for help with translation.

In summary, age has no barrier, it is based how one has conducted themselves here and to the extent of their skills and contribution - period.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 04, 2006
Jamal wrote:
sniper420 wrote:paranoid seriously i observed ur posts and the videos u made , u suffer from some kind of depression or syndrome.....For God's sakes u r just 15 yrs old.......go out play and chill instead of thinking mundane things like gays and homo and other ridiculous stuffs. U seriously must join a social club to wean away ur behaviour. Nuff said

seriously Jamal re read all his posts u can get an idea abt his mental state I mean look at his avatar... This guy has above average IQ but needs guidance and counselling which may b lacking in Dubai abt issues he is facing. He is 16 and he is desperately seeking his soulmate via internet.last time he mentioned he was contacted by 40 yr old man from this forum....last thing we want to know is child abuse

I know Paranoid ur comments will b sniper is homophobic...... yada yada but 5 yrs down the road u will know I was rite ....worry abt ur career and enjoy ur teenage life in real world.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 04, 2006
I thought paranoid was a girl
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 04, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
Jamal wrote:

seriously Jamal re read all his posts u can get an idea abt his mental state I mean look at his avatar... This guy has above average IQ but needs guidance and counselling which may b lacking in Dubai abt issues he is facing. He is 16 and he is desperately seeking his soulmate via internet.last time he mentioned he was contacted by 40 yr old man from this forum....last thing we want to know is child abuse

I know Paranoid ur comments will b sniper is homophobic...... yada yada but 5 yrs down the road u will know I was rite ....worry abt ur career and enjoy ur teenage life in real world.

She called you homophobic because of your use of the word "fag".
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Oct 04, 2006
alright, so arniegang has spoken ... i give up,but it's nice to see someone voted yes .

but also i dont get it, you were kind of saying i dont respect other forumers, i do !i dont remember being mean to anyone :?
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 04, 2006
dudes, i believe a mod is someone that you will see his/her posts nearly everyday on dubai forum. that shows that he/she is keeping an eye on the subjects and threads
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 04, 2006
I honestly wonder why people want to be mods.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 04, 2006
arniegang wrote:
PrettyPenny wrote:Let there be a vote ... why don't you start a poll for it Paranoid?

In the main i have selected the Mods in here whom, i believe have provided a valuble contribution to DF. It is also true that i have the highest regard and respect for all those that Moderate, and more importantly that they all have the respect of the majority of people who post on DF.

Respect is not a god given right it has to be earn't. This is something the young one's will learn throughout their lifetime sometimes at their cost.

In Sara's case however she was put forward by another Mod and he asked other Mods what we thought of it. She was asked because of all the reasons above and that she was part of the request for an Arab Forum and that she has, on numerous occasions kindly offered to help others who have asked for help with translation.

In summary, age has no barrier, it is based how one has conducted themselves here and to the extent of their skills and contribution - period.

Respect Arnie
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 04, 2006
how does no sound :roll:

70 posts :roll:
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 04, 2006
^ian^ wrote:I honestly wonder why people want to be mods.

So they can go into their own little forum and swap recipes and knitting patterns, why else?
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 05, 2006
Just give a boy a try!

Put him on probation if he will not manage just kick him off.
AnnaSvensson
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 06, 2006
you know who should be a mod?

*bats eyelashes*

the most amazing person in the world....
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2006
bushra21 wrote:you know who should be a mod?

*bats eyelashes*

the most amazing person in the world....

What section would you moderate?
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Oct 06, 2006
what makes you think i was talking about myself...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2006
bushra21 wrote:what makes you think i was talking about myself...

I'm clairvoyant
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat