Could DF Use A Mod Shake Up?

Topic locked
Could DF use a mod shake up? Dec 04, 2010
Just wanted to know what you think.

I don't think this type of response from a mod is what this forum needs:

If you don't like them move along. If you continue to whine, thread will either be locked or deleted

Especially since the moderator never addressed how my post violated his rules or why he has never taken action against other members (who have revealed personal info, inquired of personal info from other members, post one liners, images, personal insults or go off topic on a frequent basis) he's pals with (who are also mods).

dubai-politics-talk/wife-beating-misunderstander-under-arrest-germany-t44406-15.html

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Could DF use a mod shake up? Dec 04, 2010
event horizon wrote:Just wanted to know what you think.

If you don't like them move along. If you continue to whine, thread will either be locked or deleted

Especially since the moderator never addressed how my post violated his rules or why he has never taken action against other members (who have revealed personal info, inquired of personal info from other members, post one liners, images, personal insults or go off topic on a frequent basis) he's pals with (who are also mods).

dubai-politics-talk/wife-beating-misunderstander-under-arrest-germany-t44406-15.html

Well I hope no one crosses the line and reveals that I'm female!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Could DF Use A Mod Shake Up? Dec 04, 2010
^what! You're female!!

next you'll be telling us you're not a cat!!!

LOL :)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:^what! You're female!!

next you'll be telling us you're not a cat!!!

LOL :)

Cheers,
Shafique

I'm a jaguar, but don't tell anyone.

-- Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:13 pm --

Actually, I highly doubt that the person you addressed your statement to made a complaint. It was more like you being you. :lol:

It's like me saying that the Moderator in question looks like this:

Now, maybe he does, and maybe he doesn't.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

EV Is this mod pals with anyone? Oh yes, he is, I remember, he refers to them frequently as 'mate'. I must say I have said all along that the mods on this forum are the worst offenders. I can live with that until they start flexing their mod muscles with everyone else. I have been called chubs and some sort of whore by the mod in question. Obviously a man of education. To say move along if you don't like is just a get out clause.
The only way is up EV.
Bethsmum

I wonder what one calls it when they dig into other peoples information on other forums and post those details that weren't revealed by that individual on DF. That screams of invasion of privacy and revealing it is totally out of order.

And a little self-moderation by that certain individual would give that person some credibility. On a scale of 1 to 10 credibility is about -3.

BM, are you say I am one of the worst offenders? Is that a good or bad thing?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

event horizon wrote:Hey poindexter, this image I found on google images, after I typed in 'attention whore', looks just like you.

Just add fifty to one hundred pounds for nearly identical resemblance.

philosophy-dubai/apologise-for-lapse-bad-boy-t44274.html#p355342

'nuff said? :)
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

How Typical for Mr EH to go start whining the moment even someone mentions any action against him. And then same old moderation crap starts from the same people, if you do nothing too little moderation and then if you do too much moderation.

rinse and repeat.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:How Typical for Mr EH to go start whining the moment even someone mentions any action against him. And then same old moderation crap starts from the same people, if you do nothing too little moderation and then if you do too much moderation.

rinse and repeat.

And then you have someone who goes from doing nothing to the extreme - it's called overkill. :roll:

What I don't get is that the statement was directed at Shaf, who is a mod in politics, as you are, and he didn't react. You did. We all know how very capable Shaf is. It's you that is in question.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

if you guys are up to an Islamic moderation,count me in :lol:

but seriously many fouls are made in DF, that includes me of course,but live with the wolf,be one .any way I participate in UAESM, one of the most popular forums in UAE , moderation there is top notch. the smallest mistake and you are out. ppl count for the anonymousity to be "too free" in terms of being civilized . choc use to be one not realizing what damage she is doing to the forum, now that she woke up she is complaining about how the others act !most of the general chat regulars act the same way.and that's way 95% of the other members never participate rather than watching us like animals fighting in a cage.no to mention the non stop we hate Dubai let bash it .I don't mind it but it made the forum so cleshay and dull, there no other color or taste but I guess its a blame we all share .
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Why should anyone care about what the other person is saying on a forum anyway ? Everyone is voicing out their opinions, if someone doesnt like something just STFU, and move on right ? , Ofcourse perhaps there is some lack of objectivity in discussions due to personal attacks, but even then , if everyone just ignore the sentiments and carry on with the convo there should be no problems IMHO.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

uaekid wrote:if you guys are up to an Islamic moderation,count me in :lol:

but seriously many fouls are made in DF, that includes me of course,but live with the wolf,be one .any way I participate in UAESM, one of the most popular forums in UAE , moderation there is top notch. the smallest mistake and you are out. ppl count for the anonymousity to be "too free" in terms of being civilized . choc use to be one not realizing what damage she is doing to the forum, now that she woke up she is complaining about how the others act !most of the general chat regulars act the same way.and that's way 95% of the other members never participate rather than watching us like animals fighting in a cage.no to mention the non stop we hate Dubai let bash it .I don't mind it but it made the forum so cleshay and dull, there no other color or taste but I guess its a blame we all share .

KID, I don't hate Dubai, I love it, I say it all the time. Please don't say I'm dull, that is worse than being called a whore in my book!
@Bora, no, you're very entertaining, I like a lady who can stand up for herself. LOL
@Zubber, I hope you aren't going to start, saw you tried to be funny at BM's expense on another topic!

-- Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:59 pm --

desertdudeshj wrote:How Typical for Mr EH to go start whining the moment even someone mentions any action against him. And then same old moderation crap starts from the same people, if you do nothing too little moderation and then if you do too much moderation.

rinse and repeat.

DDS i think you can call this a vote of no confidence. BTW found anything else interesting on JBRcommunity lately:?
Bethsmum

Bora Bora wrote:

rinse and repeat.

And then you have someone who goes from doing nothing to the extreme - it's called overkill. :roll:

What I don't get is that the statement was directed at Shaf, who is a mod in politics, as you are, and he didn't react. You did. We all know how very capable Shaf is. It's you that is in question.

Its not just EH ( although he is very sensitive and super special and feels he should be allowed whatever he feels like ), anyone who gets a little taste of moderation gets up in arms and endless ( pointless ) threads start i.e like this one. The recent temp ban fiasco anyone ?

I think one of my threads got locked, did you see me post any gripes ? Except for the little weasly celebratory PM's from you nothing else happened. People do make mistakes and when called on, should MTFU accept it and move on instead of crying like two month old babies instead of every mod having to explain each and every action in a tribunal. FACT: Forums including DF are not democracies and DO NOT practice free speech.

P.S : As a mod I would never edit or delete anything against me deserving or not just for the sole reason for later accusations of misuing mod rights. Which as a guarntee will come later. So thats why I stepped
desertdudeshj

Bethsmum wrote:@Zubber, I hope you aren't going to start, saw you tried to be funny at BM's expense on another topic!

you are mistaken, i did no such thing, it was just conversation ,and if u thought that perhaps you misunderstood what i said then.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

But how can you moderate anyone else when you obviously can't control yourself? Is this a case of do as I say and not as I do?

-- Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:07 pm --

zubber wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:@Zubber, I hope you aren't going to start, saw you tried to be funny at BM's expense on another topic!

you are mistaken, i did no such thing, it was just conversation ,and if u thought that perhaps you misunderstood what i said then.

haha , yes as soon as she gets within half a million miles of the sun, she will be instantly vaporized,

Excuse me?
Bethsmum

In all seriousness - let's sort the wheat from the chaff.

The complaint is about dds issuing a warning and the offendee taking offence at being warned. Mod saw a violation, mod issued warning.

Had I not been a mod, I may have complained - but given that eh was just trying it on, I chose to ignore. What I tolerate when directed against me, I would not tolerate against others (in my capacity of a mod).

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Bethsmum wrote:haha , yes as soon as she gets within half a million miles of the sun, she will be instantly vaporized,
Excuse me?

OMG ! That was in reference to the LADY THAT OWNED THE SUN which was mentioned at the topic, somewhere in between ur name had come up , maybe you then thought it was about you. But I was referring to DK nights statement that THE LADY SHOULD VISIT HER REAL ESTATE ( the LADY there referring to the lady who claimed ownership of the sun), The Sun is a million degree over, that is why she would get vaporized.

Unlike the others in that post, I am not obsessed with you in any shape or form, Hope I am clear ma'am.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Shaf, I'm not a compainer, never have been and never will be, but that doesn't mean a mod can go round issuing insults to others then taking the moral high ground when it suits him. Then tell others to shut up when they protest.

-- Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:16 pm --

zubber wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:haha , yes as soon as she gets within half a million miles of the sun, she will be instantly vaporized,
Excuse me?

OMG ! That was in reference to the LADY THAT OWNED THE SUN which was mentioned at the topic, somewhere in between ur name had come up , maybe you then thought it was about you. But I was referring to DK nights statement that THE LADY SHOULD VISIT HER REAL ESTATE ( the LADY there referring to the lady who claimed ownership of the sun), The Sun is a million degree over, that is why she would get vaporized.

Unlike the others in that post, I am not obsessed with you in any shape or form, Hope I am clear ma'am.

Well thank God for that, just make youself clearer in future. I didn't respond but it was noted.
Bethsmum

Well thank God for that, just make youself clearer in future. I didn't respond but it was noted.

[/quote]

PEACE BE UPON YOU

Maybe you might have been a little traumatized from the undue bashing in the thread about muslims and what not. It is my friendly advise to you to ignore negative comments directed at yourself, the more you engage the person, the more response you will elicit. Dis-acknowledgement is very powerful.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:Well thank God for that, just make youself clearer in future. I didn't respond but it was noted.

PEACE BE UPON YOU[/quote]

Go forth and muliply.
Bethsmum

desertdudeshj wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

rinse and repeat.

Its not just EH ( although he is very sensitive and super special and feels he should be allowed whatever he feels like ), anyone who gets a little taste of moderation gets up in arms and endless ( pointless ) threads start i.e like this one. The recent temp ban fiasco anyone ?

I think one of my threads got locked, did you see me post any gripes ? Except for the little weasly celebratory PM's from you nothing else happened. People do make mistakes and when called on, should MTFU accept it and move on instead of crying like two month old babies instead of every mod having to explain each and every action in a tribunal. FACT: Forums including DF are not democracies and DO NOT practice free speech.

P.S : As a mod I would never edit or delete anything against me deserving or not just for the sole reason for later accusations of misuing mod rights. Which as a guarntee will come later. So thats why I stepped

PMs from me??? WTF??? Having a second thought, why in the politics thread in questions, did you have to take a swipe at me? You take swipes, step in where you have no place, then threaten people with a lock down. It appears that in this matter you are the problem, something you have been in the past. You need to take your own advice and MTFU and face the fact that you are an instigator in matters as well as being a forum bully.

And why would you have to explain the editing/deleting moves?? That has not been mentioned. It makes one think you have something to hide.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bethsmum wrote:Shaf, I'm not a compainer, never have been and never will be, but that doesn't mean a mod can go round issuing insults to others then taking the moral high ground when it suits him. Then tell others to shut up when they protest.

Well, we are probably reading the warning differently. DDS stated what the rule that was being violated was then issued a warning:

If DDS had told someone they couldn't debate etc, then that would indeed be wrong. But to state that continued whining would result in a the thread being locked seems to be a reasonable mod statement to me.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Bora Bora wrote:PMs from me??? WTF??? Having a second thought, why in the politics thread in questions, did you have to take a swipe at me? You take swipes, step in where you have no place, then threaten people with a lock down. It appears that in this matter you are the problem, something you have been in the past. You need to take your own advice and MTFU and face the fact that you are an instigator in matters as well as being a forum bully.

And why would you have to explain the editing/deleting moves?? That has not been mentioned. It makes one think you have something to hide.

And off we go !

As always I'll let you have the last word for a good night of sleep......again.
desertdudeshj

Is it possible that DDS is in possession of a set of rules that other mods aren't aware of? DDS, could you please circulate those rules? If Shaf didn't take action and you felt the need to step in, then possibly you need to share those rules for everyone. Or are they exclusively yours???

-- Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:46 pm --

desertdudeshj wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:PMs from me??? WTF??? Having a second thought, why in the politics thread in questions, did you have to take a swipe at me? You take swipes, step in where you have no place, then threaten people with a lock down. It appears that in this matter you are the problem, something you have been in the past. You need to take your own advice and MTFU and face the fact that you are an instigator in matters as well as being a forum bully.

And off we go !

As always I'll let you have the last word for a good night of sleep......again.

And as always, your way of showing you have no answer. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Good nite ;)
desertdudeshj

zubber wrote:

PEACE BE UPON YOU

Maybe you might have been a little traumatized from the undue bashing in the thread about muslims and what not. It is my friendly advise to you to ignore negative comments directed at yourself, the more you engage the person, the more response you will elicit. Dis-acknowledgement is very powerful.[/quote]

Me? traumatized? This is BM you are talking at. She doesn't do 'traumatised'. Thanks for your words of advice, can I dispatch some to you too? Don't change your post after someone has quoted it, it only goes to show you had second thoughts that the post may be taken the wrong way. Always go with your first thoughts, it shows the real you, I always find :D

-- Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:20 pm --

desertdudeshj wrote:Good nite ;)

Nite nite munchkin :joker:
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:. Always go with your first thoughts, it shows the real you, I always find :D

the edit as u can see was an addition, not alteration of the meaning, thank you for your advise :)
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Thats been addressed earlier....search :D

Dang it ! you edited again !
desertdudeshj

haha seriously man, i can see this forum is full of fiesty people with no one willing to throw in the towel, heh are all dubai'ians like this heh
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

shafique wrote:In all seriousness - let's sort the wheat from the chaff.

The complaint is about dds issuing a warning and the offendee taking offence at being warned. Mod saw a violation, mod issued warning.

Had I not been a mod, I may have complained - but given that eh was just trying it on, I chose to ignore. What I tolerate when directed against me, I would not tolerate against others (in my capacity of a mod).

Cheers,
Shafique

Ha ha.

How is asking Desert what rule I broke 'whining' or 'complaining', especially since his imaginary rule of 'personal information' doesn't apply to a mod who has leaked information on members of this forum?

I think threatening to delete or lock an entire thread over one post is diva written all over it.

But hey, I'm not the type to tell others to move along when I can't explain my own rules to inquiring minds.

Anyways fine I'll go along for now a little tighter control and editing, but that does mean everybody has to be civil. No MUD SLINGING personal or otherwise. Discussion and arguments will be allowed but just pointless bashing without any actual points being made and plain propaganda won't, will be edited or plain deleted and no arguments and crying foul when done so, total discrection of the mods. Similar threads on same topics will bunched up toghter or split vice versa and I can personaly do this in section I am mod only. Lets see how it goes

Deal ?

Sorry DD. Nothing on mentioning a member's religion in there.

It's not my fault you were too ... uh ...smart to not include something in there about that.

shafique wrote:
event horizon wrote:Hey poindexter, this image I found on google images, after I typed in 'attention whore', looks just like you.

Just add fifty to one hundred pounds for nearly identical resemblance.

philosophy-dubai/apologise-for-lapse-bad-boy-t44274.html#p355342

'nuff said? :)

A post in a thread that had no business being in the R&P forum to begin with.

/nuff said.
event horizon

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat