Why Is It Not Okey For Iran To Have Nuclear Weapon?

Topic locked
Why is it not okey for Iran to have Nuclear Weapon? Apr 12, 2006
Iran a soveriegn nation is being denied the same thing that Isreal, US, Britian and many other nation around the world have... right to posses nuclear weapon and neclear energy technology. The so-called UN has no problem with Isreal who has threatened and attacked its neighbors many times to posses over 200 nuclear war heads with any inspections. But a peaceful country like Iran is not allowed to posses the same weapon its enemies posses to defend itself. Isn't this kind of like a slavery were the master won't allow his slaves to have the capability to defend themself.

http://www.antiwar.com/orig/hirsch.php?articleid=8089

Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 12, 2006
The US is an ally of Israel. The EU wants a good relation with the US. Most countries (out of fear) appease the Americans. The IAEA (for example) is a US tool.

Are we done? 'Cause I hope we are since I can't be any clearer on why is such a "bad" thing for Iran to have nuclear weapons... :roll:

Oh hey, did anyone ever hear of Operation Masada? Yes, well interesting little plan. Read up on it....

Hypocritical world.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 12, 2006
cos when they get one they will avenge what arabs have done to em.........nuke arabs and u guys dream of unision will fail so.... US is doing u a favor
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 12, 2006
We gave them the knowledge of the Quran and of God. They should be in our favor for that!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 12, 2006
Liban wrote:We gave them the knowledge of the Quran and of God. They should be in our favor for that!

yeah right they were coerced most of em that's one of the reasons parsies community are outside Iran
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 12, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
Liban wrote:We gave them the knowledge of the Quran and of God. They should be in our favor for that!

yeah right they were coerced most of em that's one of the reasons parsies community are outside Iran

What is a parsie community?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 12, 2006
sniper420 wrote:cos when they get one they will avenge what arabs have done to em.........nuke arabs and u guys dream of unision will fail so.... US is doing u a favor

Stupid

Arabs have been invaded, embargo and sanctions imposed them, demonized, by the West and Isreal not Iran. If anything Arabs should help Iran establish a nuclear weapon weapon and economic independence its trying to establish. Iran unlike the little pet dictators runned by Arab countries is not bowing down to Western slavery in the Mid east. Arab need to worry about Isreal and the US possesing NUkes, not Iran.

Sniper this is what you are

Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 12, 2006

Don't let this fool turn you against the muslim brethrens in Iran. Shia read the Qoran, believe in Allah and his last messenger MOhammed(pbuh), whether little difference we after that is minor.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 13, 2006
Did I ever say that I am against Iran?

On the contrary, while I do not want Iranian hegemony over the Arabian Gulf area because these are Arab lands and part of a NAtion that stretches to the Atlantic, I also want Iran to have the bomb as a deterrant against the Jewish bomb and the American and Western arsenal.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 13, 2006
Liban wrote:Did I ever say that I am against Iran?

On the contrary, while I do not want Iranian hegemony over the Arabian Gulf area because these are Arab lands and part of a NAtion that stretches to the Atlantic, I also want Iran to have the bomb as a deterrant against the Jewish bomb and the American and Western arsenal.

You misread what I wrote...I said don't let sniper turn you against the brethrens in Iran..
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 14, 2006
Lionheart

Can i request you reduce the size of your signature picture of the 2 mosque's please. It makes reading your posts quite off putting and annoying. It also causes distraction.

Many Thanks
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 14, 2006
Last yr I was NYC and I met in JFk airport guy that works in IAEA and the Iran crisis was just starting and El Brad3y was just elected again.
I asked him the same question u r asking Lion and he replied with one sentence. "Only the victorious writes history"
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 15, 2006
Well Lionheart I talked to u with respect and I expect same from u else I am quite good at repartees and swift insults. It's Easter so I dont wanna spoil the festive mood. Anywayz walk in the streeets of Tehran and ask ppl what do they think of Arabs most of em bring back the incident or battle waged by the caliph Umer on the Persian country. Umar selected his ruthless generals and many atrocities were commited which explained mass exoodus of Persian community present even today called Parsees. It is one of the least documented incidence which u dont hear in Arab states. Yes there is so muchlove between the Arab states that there was recent 10 yr war between the Persians and the Arabs. Yeah so mcuh love that Persian troops were sent on a vacation to islands of Uae and are still enjoying their stay there. OS much love is seen when u walk in any expatriate persian community centre that they bring the good old days of Arabs and Persians. So much love ..... :roll:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 15, 2006
There is already a discussion on this topic in this forum. Please search for existing topics and contribute there. It will get very annoying to have all the same discussions over and over again.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 15, 2006
You have a point Lionheart! This issue is enough to really raise some eyebrows from the superpowers like the US, et al. Everybody has a right of course to advance their technology but the right thing to for Iran to do is subject itself to inspection. You say its a peaceful country, if so, it has nothing to worry about being inspected. About sovereignty, they have the sole right that nobody should interfere with its own affairs. But the right thing to do is submit to this demand to erase all doubts.
Torvalds
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 15, 2006
Well it's really very simple. If the Iranians are going to use nuclear fuel for power and power alone then that should be fine and if they're honest about it there should be no need to object to an inspection.

The issue comes when you have a hardliner in power who constantly says he wants to blow another nation off the face of the planet - he did it again last week! So of course alarm bells will start ringing, it's not exactly rocket science!

To say you want the most powerful source of energy in the world for peaceful purposes in one thing, but to say you want to destroy another nation in the same breath is quite something else.

The whole point about having nukes was that people have them, but no-one has the balls to use them. But the current Iranian president has some very worrying views and so of course people will be suspicious.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 15, 2006
could you repeat your post again please Chocs

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 15, 2006
That's exactly right Choco. I believe I said that first. But anyway, if Iran wants ta have nuclear capability it better face the responsibility of acquiring such immense power at their disposal.

It's not a bad idea to prepare yourself for war but you have to do it in the name of peace.

"Sic vis pacem para bellum." Latin
If you want peace, prepare for war.
Torvalds
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 15, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well it's really very simple. If the Iranians are going to use nuclear fuel for power and power alone then that should be fine and if they're honest about it there should be no need to object to an inspection.

The issue comes when you have a hardliner in power who constantly says he wants to blow another nation off the face of the planet - he did it again last week! So of course alarm bells will start ringing, it's not exactly rocket science!

To say you want the most powerful source of energy in the world for peaceful purposes in one thing, but to say you want to destroy another nation in the same breath is quite something else.

The whole point about having nukes was that people have them, but no-one has the balls to use them. But the current Iranian president has some very worrying views and so of course people will be suspicious.

"Well it's really very simple. If the Iranians are going to use nuclear fuel for power and power alone then that should be fine and if they're honest about it there should be no need to object to an inspection."

Iran has every right to develop Nuclear Fuel and Nuclear Weapon...its not up to US/UK to police Iran when they themself have 1000 of Nuclear Weapons and they have invaded and they destroyed a country based on lies. Iran has never invaded its neighbors, it has never done any terrorist attack against any country, but on the other hand Iran has been attacked by the Iraq with encouragement of the US, Iran has faced terrorist attacks from the US for the last 30 years..example the American missile that brought down Iran civilian airplane about to land in Iran, killing in the process all the passengers( +200 passengers killed). No General or Marine was ever charged with the murders of +200 civilians.

[qoute]The issue comes when you have a hardliner in power who constantly says he wants to blow another nation off the face of the planet - he did it again last week! So of course alarm bells will start ringing, it's not exactly rocket science![/qoute]

Iran leadership was democractically elected, Ahmed was elected as moderate leader not as hardliner the West is making him out to be. Isreal does not recognize the Palastinians, but yet they are allowed to have some 200 Nuclear weapons, they have attacked and threatened all their neighbors, but yet they are allowed to have Nukes, they have broken 67 Un resolutions if they mean anything, but yet they are allowed to have Nukes. Why is it that Isreal has free will to threaten, break International laws, enslave Palastinians, and no one questions their nuclear program?

Communist China is allowed to have Nuke, while threatening Taiwain with invasions.

warmongering Britian is allowed to have Nuke, why can't Iran a peaceful country have Nukes to deter attacks from invaders.

Warmonger US with maniac leader like at the healm is allowed to NUkes, why can't Iran to deter this maniac from invading their land not allowed to have Nuke. North Korea wasn't invaded because they had Nuke.

Russia Who abuses, oppresses Cheynians is allowed to have Nukes, why can't Iran.

India and Pakistan who are at war path are allowed to have nuke, why can't Iran who is at peace with all of its neighbors.

[qoute]To say you want the most powerful source of energy in the world for peaceful purposes in one thing, but to say you want to destroy another nation in the same breath is quite something else.[/qoute]

Isreal is the only nation in Middle east that has destroyed a nation, robbed people out of their land, hostile and threatens its neighbors all the time. Isreal has said and done things you are accusing of Iran.

BS; Why didn't Europe, especially Germany and Austria give part of their land to suffering Jews, instead of shipping them to Middle east and giving them the land of Palastinians who were not responsible for the suffering and murder of 6 million Jews. Why are Palastinian paying for the crime Europe has committed against the Jews?
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 16, 2006
Lionheart it's impossible to reason with you. You're views are always onesided and you never take a round look at anything, so I give up.

By the way all the Iranians I know hate the guy!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 16, 2006
Lionheart, did you see the latest Doha Debates programme on BBC? Very interesting. It featured Dr. El Baradai, Director General of the IAEA who took questions from the audience about Iran its nuclear intentions, as well as Iraq and WMD etc. He is a really classy guy who knows more about this issue than any of us do because he is on the front lines.

One of the things that I like best about what he said was that the world needs to come up with a better security solution and better conflict resolution so that countries don't feel the need to obtain nuclear weapons as protection from other countries. He said that insecurity was the main reason why many countries like North Korea, Israel, Pakistan, India have all sought nuclear weapons. In addition he talked about the hypocrisy of some countries who say they want to stop nuclear proliferation, yet continue to fine-tune their own nuclear weapons (a.k.a. USA!) . He likened it someone telling others to stop smoking while they have a cigarette dangling from their mouth. :)

One young woman asked him if he felt conflicted as an Arab Muslim trapped between and East - West conflict. He said that he is a citizen of the world and feels comfortable in both the West and the East. It is his wish that all everyone would live together as world citizens and forge better relations with each other, which would help fight the sense of insecurity that many countries feel now.

EDIT: Oops! forgot the link - http://www.thedohadebates.com/output/page1.asp
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 16, 2006
The US, Israel and their cohorts have the nuke.

Rogue countries like North Korea have the nuke.

Nations bent on destrying each other like India and Pakistan have the nuke.

We have more to worry about than some small player getting a weak version of a nuke in 8-10 years and even at that, few means of actually deploying it...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 17, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Lionheart it's impossible to reason with you. You're views are always onesided and you never take a round look at anything, so I give up.

By the way all the Iranians I know hate the guy!

I feel the same way about you Choco...

[qoute]By the way all the Iranians I know hate the guy[/qoute]

Have you been to Iran? if not than you don't know Iranians. But anyway didn't the dissedands Americans/British listen to say that Iraqis would welcome them with sweetes and flowers if they invaded Iraq and removed Saddam?

Choco... You need to except that the leader of Iran (Ahmadinejad) was democratically elected..with more support than Bush or Blair.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 17, 2006
Choco... I have question

In your opinion are there any country Mid east which is allowed to develop Nuclear Technology and Weapon to deter West Influence?

Saud Arabia
Jordan
UAE
Oman
Egypt
Libya
Syria
Iran( the only real democracy in Mid east, along With Hamas)

Iraq( does not exist anymore)
Yemen
Algeria
Tunisia
Etc
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 17, 2006
Lionheart wrote:Choco... I have question

In your opinion are there any country Mid east which is allowed to develop Nuclear Technology and Weapon to deter West Influence?

Saud Arabia
Jordan
UAE
Oman
Egypt
Libya
Syria
Iran( the only real democracy in Mid east, along With Hamas)

Iraq( does not exist anymore)
Yemen
Algeria
Tunisia
Etc

I'd just like to point out that Algeria, Tunisia and Libya are not technically Middle East countries Lionheart. They all have coastlines on the Mediterranean and are actually on the African Continent. Can I suggest that once more you seem to confuse countries that are Islamic as being 'East' and all others as being 'West'. I also note with interest that you omit Morrocco. Are they too far 'west' to be considered 'east' for you?

In answer to your question to Choco...no country should have nuclear weapons, including the ones that have them already. Unfortunately it is very hard to 'unlearn' something once it has been learnt.

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 17, 2006
The true Middle East region persae, incorporates the following Arab countries:

- Egypt
- Palestine
- Lebanon
- Syria
- Iraq
- Jordan
- Saudi
- Kuwait
- Bahrain
- Qatar
- UAE (duh!)
- Oman
- Yemen

The remainder of the Arab lands are in the Maghreb area (Western part of MENA - Arabia):

- Libya
- Tunisia
- Morocco
- Algeria

Then you have countries that speak Arabic and adhere to Arab customs, values, and culture. However, racially and geographically they do not fall into the larger Arab zone known as MENA (Middle East North Africa):

- Sudan
- Mauritania
- Comoros

Then, common mistake is to clump Turkey, Iran and perhapes Afganistan into the Middle East region. These are simply Muslim countries but are by no means Arab.

Israel is part of the Middle East but is an artificial formation and is not part of the greater Arab fabric at this point in time.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 17, 2006
I would like to point out at this point not one single country listed has the ability to produce a Nuke without WESTERN help or technology.

So i dont really see the issue here. On one hand Lionheart is winging about the Islamic Brotherhood blah blah, then he hypothesise's about "what if" Nuke production in the ME.

So to conclude, its NOT ok to have western influence ie Burger King, but it is OK to want to have Nukes.

mmmmmmmmmmm :roll: :roll:
arniegang

Apr 17, 2006
I agree.

Even Israel and Turkey which do (the former) or can (the latter) have nukes, did so with Western (France, UK, USA) help.

The Algerian nuke program dismantled in the 80s was with the blessing of France.

The Iraqi (remember that country) nuke program of the 70s was with American help.

The Egyptian one of the 50s and 60s was with Soviet help.

The Libyan one was with Pakistani and North Korean help as well as Russian input. (Of course we know China and Russia aided the former and latter suppliers).

This list is endless.

Western influence has its trademarks all over the MENA and greater Islamic World. But lets be honest, Arab and associated cultures have their imprint on the West too... I mean hummos is a common household name in the US!!! 8)

The kind of influence most Arabs disagree with is Western influence in their governments:

- Cropping up dictatoryships in Egypt or Saudi for example
- Boycotting the elected governments of Palestine or Iran for example

Thats all. As for the rest, its a consumer society people. Love it or hate it!!

We got their Mickey Dees and they got our falafels and shawarmas :D
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 17, 2006
I can't be bothered to answer your question Lionheart as you don't listen. But I'll agree with DK and say no country should carry Nuclear weapons, it's a disaster waiting to happen.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 17, 2006
To know that humanity has the power to destroy the world 10 times over but has not been able to iradicate poverty makes me sick to my stomach.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums