Urgent Protest: MF Husain's Felicitation In Dubai

Topic locked
Urgent Protest: MF Husain's felicitation in Dubai Mar 15, 2008
|| Sree ||

Urgent Protest: MF Husain's felicitation in Dubai

The Bhoruka Charitable Trust, Rajasthan, India has arranged a ceremony to felicitate anti-Hindu Indian painter M. F. Husain at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai tomorrow, on March 15.

Will Mr. Ashok Agarwal and Joshi of Trust authority dare to felicitate Danish catroonist, Indian-British novelist Salman Rushdie or writer Taslima Nasareen?

MF Hussain is being awarded purposefully to hurt the sentiments of Hindus!

Dear Hindus, protest the event vehemently. You can participate in online signature drive on

http://www.hindujagruti.org/activities/ ... /intro.php

Please check Husain's paintings on above link and be a judge yourself!

Also lodge your protest on phone. Please share this with your friends.

Vande Mataram

spiritualdxb
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 15, 2008
Wow - I could not see the other 'blashpemous' images by Hussein as the links were down from the site. But I have to say, I could not understand why the painting on the page linked is considered blasphemous - to my untrained eye it doesn't look that good, but I can't see what the fuss is about.

I've seen more explicit depictions on Hindu temples and historic paintings - so perhaps I'm missing something here.

I also had a look at the protest they are advocating over the film Jodha Akbar - wow, so much hate over a film!

I'm currently reading William Dalrymple's book 'the Last Mughal' - and he does depict the close relationship the Mughals had with Hinduism - Zafar Shah's mother Lalbai, for example, was a Hindu.

But the site makes statements such as:
Hindus will never be able to forget the atrocities committed on Hindus by alien Muslim rulers. The Islamic period of the Indian History was the most suffocating and genocidal period as far as Hindus are concerned. It is a well-known fact of Indian History that 17,000 Hindu girls, in order to avoid molestation at the hands of Muslim marauders, had committed Jauhar – self-immolation.

It goes on to say that the British colluded with Muslims to depict Hindus in history in a bad light!

Reading about the 1857 mutiny/war of independence, it is interesting to note that the majority of army mutineers were Hindu, but they called for the reinstatement of the Muslim ruler (who was initially reluctant) - and in the aftermath of the defeat by the British, it was the Muslim population that the British systematically targeted and killed in the thousands.

Anyway, it is sad how history is used for political ends - but a sobering reminder that there are militants in every religion.

There are some Hindus that even deny that the Taj Mahal was built by a Muslim:
http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate/tejo.html

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2008
shafique, be thankful they arent throwing terms like "cut his hands", "kill the heretic" and JIHAD!

if it offends, it offends, dont think its your position to say "i dont see what the fuss is about"

they're protesting him peacefully through a petition, more civilised than the danish cartoon reactions world wide.
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 15, 2008
ebonics wrote:shafique, be thankful they arent throwing terms like "cut his hands", "kill the heretic" and JIHAD!

if it offends, it offends, dont think its your position to say "i dont see what the fuss is about"

they're protesting him peacefully through a petition, more civilised than the danish cartoon reactions world wide.

Actually, you may find that there are these claims from Muslims against this painter!

Sure, if it offends it offends - agreed. But I'd like to know which Hindus are offended and why.

And note that this isn't a Hindu vs Muslim thing as Mr Hussein is actually doing something unIslamic by painting partially nude figures! :)

It's just that the Hindu site is protesting at the paintings for being blasphemous - and ironically they will find all the 'Mullahs' in India backing up their condemnations!

I'm just a little suspicious about the claims that the paintings are blasphemous, as they don't seem to be showing scenes that don't already exist in Hindu temples etc.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 19, 2008
shafique wrote:
ebonics wrote:shafique, be thankful they arent throwing terms like "cut his hands", "kill the heretic" and JIHAD!

Actually, you may find that there are these claims from Muslims against this painter!

Sure, if it offends it offends - agreed. But I'd like to know which Hindus are offended and why.

And note that this isn't a Hindu vs Muslim thing as Mr Hussein is actually doing something unIslamic by painting partially nude figures! :)

It's just that the Hindu site is protesting at the paintings for being blasphemous - and ironically they will find all the 'Mullahs' in India backing up their condemnations!

I'm just a little suspicious about the claims that the paintings are blasphemous, as they don't seem to be showing scenes that don't already exist in Hindu temples etc.

Cheers,
Shafique

lol forget the scenes in hindu temples talk about the scenes in the Movies and even on the roads of India.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums