RACISM IN DUBAI

Topic locked
RACISM IN DUBAI Sep 02, 2006
Hi all

Not sure if this has been covered before, but i thought i would anyway.

Dubai, like every other major city has blatant racism. Exept in more major cities there are complaints commissions with proper procedures.

Is there such thing in Dubai and if yes, has it been known to bring any success?

Only raising this as recently i witnessed some blatant racism in Clubs, Cinemas, and even Hotel Restaurants. All the time dished out towards the indian populations, who, some seem to forget are probably the main reason as to why Dubai is where it is. In fact most of the middle east.
Ironically some were US indians! They just happened to be brown.

would be nice to know if there was one, so we can point people in the right direction and stand up to the cowards.

rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 02, 2006
A couple of cases were brought before the Ministry recently where a couple of clubs were found guilty of racism at the door, i.e. their door staff refused certain people because of their naitonality. The doorstaff I think got a suspension.

However, yes it happens in lots of places and there are various reasons behind it. But sadly they tend to lump people together. It has been discussed before at great length on the forum, so do a search for it.

If you have any specific questions then go ahead and ask.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 03, 2006
dubai is the most racist country. i have lived in england for 18 years and there i never encountered so much racism as i have ecountered here. racism is everywhere from job selection, clubs and even at jasjeel when u ll be waiting in a que and some white or rich guy would come cut in lol i aint complaining cos hey if i did someone would say y dont you go back to your country. lol say that to an indian or a paki who were born here and lived all their life here and now working in Dubai trying to make it a wonderful place. its not that wonderful if you are brown you ll get less paid to those whose skin happens to be anything then white :P you wont be allowed into a club cos ur brown when u r ready to spend 500-1000 dhs in that club on that nite lol dubai is not THAT wonderful as most of ppl make it sound like when you have to think about racism and no equallity amongst ppl.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 03, 2006
interesting didnt know it was this bad..... it seems the rulers are stressing more on tourism project instead of very crucial needs like human rights and law........ if these are not implemented on time .... the city can fall like cards once it is out of oil
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 03, 2006
the local goverment only cares when its LOCAL people get affected i aint talking about me and you lol i m talking about the original people of emirates. the government will not do anything to fight these problems and it will only do so when its people get affected by it...slowly they are getting affected and it will take time before the government takes action

lol there is a saying Never Judge a Book By its Cover.... So same thing dont judge Dubai by its good looks and the no of properties being build here once you live here not for 6 months but more then that thats when you experience it yourself
:p
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: RACISM IN DUBAI Sep 03, 2006
rvp_legend wrote:Hi all

Dubai, like every other major city has blatant racism. Exept in more major cities there are complaints commissions with proper procedures.

Is there such thing in Dubai and if yes, has it been known to bring any success?

Only raising this as recently i witnessed some blatant racism in Clubs, Cinemas, and even Hotel Restaurants. All the time dished out towards the indian populations, who, some seem to forget are probably the main reason as to why Dubai is where it is. In fact most of the middle east.

would be nice to know if there was one, so we can point people in the right direction and stand up to the cowards.

So exactly what are you saying?

Is it not a racist comment when you say that the Indian population is the main reason that Dubai is what it is today??????????????

I answer NONSENSE

What happened to?????????
Pakistan
Bangladesh
Nepal
Phillipines
Palestine
Lebanon
Egypt
United Kingdom
Germany
France
etc, etc, etc,

Your comment is as racist as what you are impling.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: RACISM IN DUBAI Sep 03, 2006
sage & onion wrote:

So exactly what are you saying?

Is it not a racist comment when you say that the Indian population is the main reason that Dubai is what it is today??????????????

I answer NONSENSE

What happened to?????????
Pakistan
Bangladesh
Nepal
Phillipines
Palestine
Lebanon
Egypt
United Kingdom
Germany
France
etc, etc, etc,

Your comment is as racist as what you are impling.

hehehe sage he included all south asains as indian but that deosnt answer the main question anyway to redress or obtain justice as in britain or canada... think u enter a club and a south asain bouncer tells u in ur face no british m*fos or u enter a restaurant and they make u seat in places u dont want or give u less priority while ordering... what would u do old sage what would u do?
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 03, 2006
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 03, 2006
all you people get the f*ck out of my country...this is my land, i dont want any pakis or indians or whatever the hell you are...actually, everyone leave, i am the only one allowed to live here.... :twisted:

wait, unless you are an incredibly se xy boy you can stay....other than that, get the hell out!

8) :D

disclaimer:for those who do not have a sense of humour...or any sense at all....the above statement was completely a joke, i have nothing against anybody from whatever country they may come from. oh, well, unless they decide to hit my car or something, then we may have a problem....
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 04, 2006
rudeboy wrote:dubai is the most racist country. i have lived in england for 18 years and there i never encountered so much racism as i have ecountered here. racism is everywhere from job selection, clubs and even at jasjeel when u ll be waiting in a que and some white or rich guy would come cut in lol i aint complaining cos hey if i did someone would say y dont you go back to your country. lol say that to an indian or a paki who were born here and lived all their life here and now working in Dubai trying to make it a wonderful place. its not that wonderful if you are brown you ll get less paid to those whose skin happens to be anything then white :P you wont be allowed into a club cos ur brown when u r ready to spend 500-1000 dhs in that club on that nite lol dubai is not THAT wonderful as most of ppl make it sound like when you have to think about racism and no equallity amongst ppl.

Dubai is not the most racist country......check again
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 04, 2006
bushra21 wrote:all you people get the f*ck out of my country...this is my land, i dont want any pakis or indians or whatever the hell you are...actually, everyone leave, i am the only one allowed to live here.... :twisted:

wait, unless you are an incredibly se xy boy you can stay....other than that, get the hell out!

disclaimer:for those who do not have a sense of humour...or any sense at all....the above statement was completely a joke, i have nothing against anybody from whatever country they may come from. oh, well, unless they decide to hit my car or something, then we may have a problem....

O but i still wanna leave bushra....lol
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 04, 2006
In my opinion, racism is everywhere, its just that in all the places I've seen and been to, it is in Dubai that it is so highlighted. You can even categorize jobs here by race...
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Sep 04, 2006
look at the appointments section :P
girl_glen
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: RACISM IN DUBAI Sep 04, 2006
rvp_legend wrote:Ironically some were US indians! They just happened to be brown.

Cheyenne, Seminole, Sioux, Apache, Navajo, Cherokee? Which one?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 05, 2006
Bleakus wrote:
bushra21 wrote:all you people get the f*ck out of my country...this is my land, i dont want any pakis or indians or whatever the hell you are...actually, everyone leave, i am the only one allowed to live here.... :twisted:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

you dont like dubai....i can help with that :wink: .... :twisted:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 05, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
Bleakus wrote:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

you dont like dubai....i can help with that :wink: .... :twisted:

Thats too bad, i am from dubai
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 05, 2006
so your local eh..... that must mean you have money....

how you doin :wink:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: RACISM IN DUBAI Sep 08, 2006
Concord wrote:
rvp_legend wrote:Ironically some were US indians! They just happened to be brown.

Why would "WHITE PEOPLE" WANT TO LIVE WITH A BUNCH OF HEATHENS?
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

chevaliers-de-sion wrote:
Concord wrote:

haha...wow.....that pretty harsh ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Bleakus wrote:
Concord wrote:

But they say the "TRUTH hurts" :D
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Bleakus wrote:
Concord wrote:

SHUT UP & SHUT UP :evil:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 08, 2006
The annual poll by the Center for the Struggle Against Racism shows that these are not isolated views. The poll found that 68% of Israeli Jews would refuse to live in the same building as an Arab (the other 31% would like to nuke) :evil4: :lol:
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Corcovado wrote:
Bleakus wrote:
Concord wrote:

The annual poll by the Center for the Struggle Against Racism shows that these are not isolated views. The poll found that 68% of Israeli Jews would refuse to live in the same building as an Arab (the other 31% would like to nuke) :evil4: :lol:
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Re: RACISM IN DUBAI Sep 09, 2006
Corcovado wrote:
Bleakus wrote:
Concord wrote:

you shut up :lol:
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 09, 2006
All

Would like to thank you for your comments. My original post was not to cause offence or controversy, but to merely ask the question that if there was a process someone could follow to report racial discrimination.

I can see this has resulted in a few upset comments from the local population, but also some refreshing ones about some aknowledgement of this problem which is always a good start.

Sage and Onion, i agree with your comments listing all the other countries which have contributed to Dubai. But remember, it was the Indian and Pakistani populations who have been here the longest and shown the most loyalty - the Europeans (I am European by the way) only entered the scene once there was a product to gain from. And that was only recently. most would happily admit that and would not lose any sleep of their contributions wasnt glorified.

I am against Discrimination of all forms, there should be no place for it. Unfortunately as i mentioned it is present in every place, but to not have a robust enough procedure sends messages out that this behaviour is acceptable which is sad considering the City is so cosmopolitan.

I am much disturbed by South Asians being discriminated in Dubai as much as seeing Arabs hassled at airports in Europe/US. Profiling definately isnt the way forward.

an act of hypocrisy i once witnessed at the Mall of the Emirates was when two Arab guys were at the coffee area reading their paper and discussing about the humiliation of the Palestinian people and cursing how the Israelies show no respect to them on a daily basis and treat them like dogs, not humans. Yet they did exactly the same thing to the Filipino waiter who was serving them!

Many of my European colleagues agree with me that the situation is very bad for a city booming on Tourism and clean image. its not fair that our British Asian colleagues need to pay entry fees in clubs and bars and we dont even though we enter at the same time.
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 09, 2006
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:The annual poll by the Center for the Struggle Against Racism shows that these are not isolated views. The poll found that 68% of Israeli Jews would refuse to live in the same building as an Arab (the other 31% would like to nuke) :evil4: :lol:

Yes, but those 68 % may also refuse if that was a Brit and not an Arab.
That is a discussion for another day. This thread is about Racism in Dubai
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 09, 2006
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:The annual poll by the Center for the Struggle Against Racism shows that these are not isolated views. The poll found that 68% of Israeli Jews would refuse to live in the same building as an Arab (the other 31% would like to nuke) :evil4: :lol:

HALLELUAH!!! U proved rascism exists deep in Isreal....Doesnt th epromised land follow the commandments like love ur neighbour as thyself? r u isreali? if yes SHUT UP if no Kiss my @ss
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 09, 2006
HALLELUAH!!! U proved rascism exists deep in Isreal....Doesnt th epromised land follow the commandments like love ur neighbour as thyself? r u isreali? if yes SHUT UP if no Kiss my @ss[/quote]

Doesn’t the promised land follow the commandments like love ur neighbour as thyself? Yes but didn’t you read the clause that excludes sub humans and ass kissers :D
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Re: RACISM IN DUBAI Sep 11, 2006

LEGEND U R SO STUPIED

U ppl only think of ur selves ..u come here get a good job ,good salary nice home and yet still complaining cuz some stupied guy didnt let u enter da club??? FUK OFF!!! ..and not all indians happend to be brown some of them r blue loool.

every where u will find the good and the bad if the bad come over the good things then u can complain if know and do somthing about it . otherwise plez plez plez dnt come here trying to prove that only bad things can only be found in dubai ...PEACE BRO .

LEGEND U R SO STUPIED

U ppl only think of ur selves ..u come here get a good job ,good salary nice home and yet still complaining cuz some stupied guy didnt let u enter da club??? FUK OFF!!! ..and not all indians happend to be brown some of them r blue loool.

every where u will find the good and the bad if the bad come over the good things then u can complain if know and do somthing about it . otherwise plez plez plez dnt come here trying to prove that only bad things can only be found in dubai ...PEACE BRO .
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Never been discriminated Sep 11, 2006
I visited Dubai several times between Nov 2003 - April 2006.
Never came across any kind of discrimination at the airport, cinimas, shopping centers. About clubs, I only visited cyclon as referred by a taxi driver once and that was enough, that's not a club rather a meat shop.

I find it a very nice place with lots of fun places where people from different races are living in peace and harmony. As a matter of fact, it all depends on how you approach each and every aspects of life.

Cheers
Danyal
danielmax2010
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums