UAE Couple Treated 'horribly' At London Eye

Topic locked
UAE couple treated 'horribly' at London Eye Aug 23, 2006
Finally emaratis have experienced how the other people are treated in their country. they don't trust anyone. everywhere u need passport copy. lots of questions. college certificates, birth certificates, marriage certificates need attestion in umpteen embassies that too them writing that they are not responsible for the validity of contnents etc.
special Q's for EU and American nationals in the airport, free visa on arrival. US or UK qualified people needed in most of the jobs.
See how these people are treated in reciprocal.
check Gulf news and dont forget to read the letters to editor

hillaryrowley
Dubai Forum User

Re: UAE couple treated 'horribly' at London Eye Aug 23, 2006
hillaryrowley wrote:Finally emaratis have experienced how the other people are treated in their country. they don't trust anyone. everywhere u need passport copy. lots of questions. college certificates, birth certificates, marriage certificates need attestion in umpteen embassies that too them writing that they are not responsible for the validity of contnents etc.
special Q's for EU and American nationals in the airport, free visa on arrival. US or UK qualified people needed in most of the jobs.
See how these people are treated in reciprocal.
check Gulf news and dont forget to read the letters to editor

OK, first of all, I will start of by saying I didn't read the Gulf News article or letter to the editor.

What I will say is that I didn't find the process of entering this country and obtaining my visa a 'rough' process. Yes there were bits of red tape, but comparatively, I thought it was an easy process.

Degrees need to be attested, especially with the number of fake degrees and pretenders around. Marriage certs. I understand because of the culture. Proving that you are who you say you are is essential.

If you think you can just swan into any country and expect special treatment because of where you come from, you really should think again.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 23, 2006
OK I just read the article and think it must have been a slow news day.

It says quite clearly they did not conform to the policy regarding drinks, and that they had their bags searched.

Big Deal! It's indicative of SFA.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 24, 2006
can u post the link pls
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 24, 2006
I think this was a bit of a storm in a teacup.

When it was first reported, the headline read something like 'UAE resident turned away from London Eye for speaking Arabic' - but in the body of the article it was made clear that they did eventually get on the eye after they had deposited their bags in a locker!

But hey, if a couple of British Muslims of Pakistani descent are mistakenly considered to be speaking Arabic and kicked off a plane, this sort of thing is expected. :)
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 24, 2006
shafique wrote:I think this was a bit of a storm in a teacup.

When it was first reported, the headline read something like 'UAE resident turned away from London Eye for speaking Arabic' - but in the body of the article it was made clear that they did eventually get on the eye after they had deposited their bags in a locker!

But hey, if a couple of British Muslims of Pakistani descent are mistakenly considered to be speaking Arabic and kicked off a plane, this sort of thing is expected. :)

editors are stupid heading soemthign body something journalism other than 7days sucks in UAE
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 25, 2006
We don't have the full story, but it sounds very exaggerated anyway.
DubaiLets
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums