Terrorism In UAE... Is It Inevitable?

Topic locked
Terrorism in UAE... is it inevitable? Nov 11, 2005
Sadly I would have to say probably yes. Al Qaida and its supporters only hate one thing more than what they see as immoral, evil, decadent, Islam-hating western powers and that is Muslim countries they regard as being in bed with the enemy. Unfortunately these people would love nothing better than to wreck the UAE's and Dubai's pursuit of money and commercial advancement and teach them a lesson.

It's an uncomfortable question but it was put to one of the Arab bigwigs of Dubai's property boom on the Dubai Dreams BBC2 series. There was a long, long, uncomfortable pause before he finally said: "We have no history of that here." Of course it was difficult because it is something that could wreck the drive to be a huge tourist destination for westerners.

He was right, there is no history of that here... but the same could be said of Amman in Jordan before this week. There is no doubt that among the warped Muslim extremists of Al Qaida the UAE and Dubai would be regarded as the enemy just as much Bush, Blair and Co.

GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 11, 2005
There are those rumors you here by the bike racks like the UAE pays off terrorist groups with boat loads of gold and allow free access into the UAE as a safe haven for terrorist organizations in agreement for not doing anything specifically in the UAE.

With prosti7ution, dr~gs, gamblng on many street corners, alcoh0l peddlers that deliver to your door Dubai is the epitome of everything they are against not to mention a place that receives an insanely high amount of press, why hasn’t anything ever happened here.

Just something to think about….
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 11, 2005
I'd love to see an episode or 2 of this Dubai Dreams show you've mentioned, is there any way to get it in the UAE? I could provide an FTP site for you to upload a copy of it, if you felt like helping a brother out :)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 12, 2005
He was right, there is no history of that here... but the same could be said of Amman in Jordan before this week.

as far as i know, the terrorist leader AL-zarqawe in Iraq who is connected to Al-qaeda is from jordan..so what happend in jordan doesent surprise me

usually when people say" whats the worse that can happen"...it usually gets worse..so guys be optimistic...it would break my heart to see dubai getting ruined by those a**wholes
D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 12, 2005
Threats have been made against the UAE, there were several posts on the SITE website, telling muslims to stay away from certain locations in Dubai.

And it was telling the UAE it had 14 days to rid itself of all western expats. But this was months ago.

Both the British and American Embassy have had warning for citizens to stay away from places heavily frequented by expats like bars and nightclubs for sometime now.

The security services in the UAE have found loads of stuff trying to be brought in and have stopped it although you'll never hear about it.

I think Dubai has always been a bit of a thorn in the side for many arab countries.

Fayz is right in saying that the government probably do a lot to make sure nothing happens here, because if it did, many expats would just up and leave, the tourist industry would drop, which Dubai relies so heavily on now, the whole place would grind to a halt over night.

But I hate to say with all the precautions, it's not a case of IF, it's a case of WHEN.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums