Terrorism And Islam

Topic locked
Nov 22, 2009
Let's review what I actually wrote and compare with your statement above:

I think you should take your own advice and review what I actually write instead of pontificating on a topic when this was already explained by myself:

I wrote:

Misconception number one was debunking the false claim that Islam=peace and explaining that the primary meaning of slm refers to submission, not peace.

You then write five posts later what was *already* explained by myself in the previous quote. Apparently, you have a difficult time reading:

The fact that you can't get your head round that Peace is a secondary meaning of the root of Islam just highlights the fact that you don't actually read the information you posted (pretty much like your selective quotes from Kennedy, Hadith etc).

:lol:

Just curious, but what about my previous explanation that the root word of Islam has several meanings, including the primary meaning of to submit and the secondary meaning of peace did you not understand?

Thanks again for providing yet another demonstration in either poor reading skills or an example of you never missing an opportunity to write a 'lengthy' post to sound like you've injected new information into the discussion. I know how much you love to read your own posts and everything, but it is really unnecessary to repeat something that another poster has already written and pretend they were wrong the entire time.

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 22, 2009
People can judge whether I argued that 'Islam literally means peace' or whether this is just another one of your 'wishful' recollections.

No problem. Ignoring the fact that you dismissed my repeated explanations discussing the meaning of Islam, where I explain that the *root* word of Islam can have several meanings including peace (although Islam and peace are clearly two separate words) you claim otherwise right here:

Similarly you are taking a clarification of the primary meaning of Islam out of context and ignoring that it does indeed also mean peace.

Woops. Too bad you didn't have a chance to edit that one in time.

No shafique, for the umpteenth time, Islam does not 'also' mean peace. Islam and peace are two separate words. Please try and read posts (including your own) when you respond.
event horizon

Nov 22, 2009
As I said, you have been found out yet again.

When you have actually read the whole article and found someone who agrees with your initial claim, perhaps we can discuss further.

Your fantasies about what I've said are getting more and more bizarre, but don't disguise the fact you don't seem to have any objections to the facts in the first article which disagree with Orientalist views of Islam.

The meaning of the word Islam has a thread of its own now, and your empty claims are just ringing hollow here. I've quoted myself above and I'm happy for you to continue to bark up the wrong tree - but I really can't help you with English comprehension - let alone Arabic comprehension.

Perhaps you need to look up what the word 'also' (which you highlighted) means. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 22, 2009
Similarly you are taking a clarification of the primary meaning of Islam out of context and ignoring that it does indeed also mean peace.

'nuff said.
event horizon

Nov 22, 2009
Perhaps you need to look up what the word 'also' means.

;)

As I said, I can't help you with basic English comprehension.

The fact you stand alone in your views about the Bible and now basic english comprehension speaks volumes (otherwise you would have produced one expert who agrees with you that the Bible contains no contradictions and that 'Islam means the religion of peace' is incorrect) ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 22, 2009
Perhaps you need to look up what the word 'also' means.

Cool - so we now agree that you are claiming that Islam (not its root word) means peace ( your words, 'also means peace'). Let me know when you find an Arabic speaker who believes that salaam and islaam are indeed the same word.

I hope you won't once again revert to form and set up straw-men by explaining what has already been previously explained - that the root word, slm, has several meanings, not Islam.

Maybe you can further elaborate on these following words too:

Islaam: The act of submitting
Istislaam: The act of surrendering
Muslim: Submitter
Mustaslim: Surrenderer
Aslam: Surrendered
Yastaslim: to surrender in the continuous tense.

Let me know how far you want to take your research (googling), oh wise one.
event horizon

Nov 22, 2009
As I thought, you are still trying to avoid answering the question about whether you actually read the initial article (or your link in response) in full.

It is not surprising that you don't agree with something you haven't read, but it is fascinating that you feel you are an expert now.

As for the meaning of Islam in Arabic, there is a thread for that discussion - we'll be happy to provide you additional references, but it would be a bit futile if you continue to refuse to read them!

I take it you don't have any other comment on the article 'Terrorism and Islam'

(Kudos on asking me the same question I asked you - to provide one expert who believed in your fantastical claims. However, we've noted that you haven't actually provided an expert, whilst we have provided copious quotes on what Islam actually means.

I presume you could not find a person who agreed with you?)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 22, 2009
(Kudos on asking me the same question I asked you - to provide one expert who believed in your fantastical claims. However, we've noted that you haven't actually provided an expert, whilst we have provided copious quotes on what Islam actually means.

Oh, I agree. You've provided quite a bit of copy/pasties from crawling through the internet, but I'm not sure that authors from DOT com sites are typically considered experts.

Let me know when you find someone who is actually an expert on the topic they're writing about.
event horizon

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums