Support The Resistance (a Rant)

Topic locked
Aug 13, 2006
Actually, the news you have are a bit old, its from the early days of the occupation. Maybe you need to have a look at other websites, like for example the Aljazeera news website (they will soon launching an English version of there famous News channel).

uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 13, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Sadly K, I think when it comes to that side of things, if you're not supporting them, then you're against them and then they don't care if they kill other Iraqis or not.

Exactly, its like what Bush said "If you are not with us, then your agianst us" or something like that, i appoloize if i made a mistake with the quote :)
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 13, 2006
uae75 wrote:Actually, the news you have are a bit old, its from the early days of the occupation. Maybe you need to have a look at other websites, like for example the Aljazeera news website (they will soon launching an English version of there famous News channel).

Al Jazeera would not be my news channel of choice. To me it is like watching Fox in the US.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 13, 2006
Plus the stuff they put on there is pretty sick. In my view Al Jazeera do nothing but encourage thoe that would harm others, by giving them an outlet to air their bloodthirsty tapes of massacre and murder. They should be taken off the air.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 13, 2006
kanelli wrote:
uae75 wrote:Actually, the news you have are a bit old, its from the early days of the occupation. Maybe you need to have a look at other websites, like for example the Aljazeera news website (they will soon launching an English version of there famous News channel).

Al Jazeera would not be my news channel of choice. To me it is like watching Fox in the US.

Well to be honest, each channel including CNN and BBC would be bias in one way or another, and we are adults to hear all of the news channels views and based on it make an opinion about whats going on in this world :)
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 13, 2006
True uae75, that is why I prefer to watch various channels and read from various sources, not just one.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 13, 2006
Kanelli
"We have valkyrie here saying that people should support the murderous insurgents! Amazing! Like I said, it seems acceptable for Arabs and Muslims to kill Iraqis, but not any Westerners."

The insurgents who kill Iraqis are just as bad as the americans.

The vast majority of the memberss of the Iraqi resistance are Iraqis. Foreign fighters make up less than ten percent of the resistance, even the US military accepts this.

I'm not sure what double standards you (kanelli) believe the Arab/Muslim world hold, but I'm sure they are just as much against the killing of Iraqi civilians as you are. The Jihadis presence in Iraq is the fault of the Americans for attracting them to Iraq, when the Americans leave the Jihadis will leave or be kicked out. Most insurgents don't side with Al Qaeda, the resistance went so far as to gaurd polling places during the last elections to secure Iraqi voters from an Al qaeda attack. The resistance is fighting a criminal occupation, indeed the American military is the most powerful military in the world. Civilian casualties are a result of American patrols in the city. If the resistance would fight the occupation in the desert they could.
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Aug 14, 2006
So, let me rephrase then. It is okay for Iraqis to kill Iraqis? The Arab and Muslim world is supposed to support that?

How is blowing up restaurants, line-ups, and training centres where Iraqi police are congregated in mass numbers attacking the occupying coalition forces? Last time I checked, Iraqi police were Iraqis.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 15, 2006
kanelli wrote:So, let me rephrase then. It is okay for Iraqis to kill Iraqis? The Arab and Muslim world is supposed to support that?

How is blowing up restaurants, line-ups, and training centres where Iraqi police are congregated in mass numbers attacking the occupying coalition forces? Last time I checked, Iraqi police were Iraqis.

That is because there are no hiding places for combatants, such as forests and mountains, which forces them to fight almost exclusively in heavily populated cities, towns and along certain highways. That is why the car bomb and suicide bombers are deployed in the towns and cities. Also note the car bombings target military checkpoints, U.S. patrols, police stations, and officials who collaborate with the occupation -- all fair game. The nature of the car bombings results in civilian casualties by perforce, but they are rarely if ever the primary target. Some of the attacks that seem to be directed at only civilians reflect sectarian religious provocations, not necessarily associated with the resistance.

I wish the occupiers in Iraq the absolute worst. They should all be shot like mangy dogs. They are instruments of oppression aimed at the subjugation of a foreign people. They don't represent my interests since they are fighting against the liberation of an oppressed people living under occupation, which is why I wish to see their defeat. If we are for humanity, we should all be cheering the insurgency on.
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 15, 2006

l

What the normal person would call the infamous Terrorist/death cult supporters News channel
Mr & Mrs Inquirer
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 16, 2006
Mr & Mrs Inquirer wrote:

l

What the normal person would call the infamous Terrorist/death cult supporters News channel

Reactionary

2682 http://icasualties.org/oif/

Time to celebrate another milestone?

3,000, 5,000, 100,000 more
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 16, 2006
Valkyrie, where are the nice pics of the Iraqi police with their faces blown off, or the women and children blown to bits as they passed by a restaurant freqented by Iraqi police, which was targeted by the insurgents?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 17, 2006
Kanelli

Did you read my post regarding iraqi soldiers and civilians?

"Of course people get killed when there is military occupation. If insurgents weren't hiding in neighbourhoods and attacking the occupying forces, then the cities and towns could get back to rebuilding themselves instead of facing daily battles between coalition and other outsiders who have no business in Iraq. Some of you seem to be turning a blind eye to the fact that outside forces besides the US are trying to force their will on Iraqis as well.

Just because the US has bases doesn't mean the US is inside people's cities and towns anymore. The US can be told to leave completely. If not, then Iraqi's have the right to attack any US base set up in Iraq. The main thing is that innocent women and children - regular civilians will not be targeted or caught in the middle anymore."

The U.S. will not leave behind a liberal, constitutional democracy in Iraq no matter how long it stays. Holding elections is easy. It is impossible to make it a constitutional democracy in a hurry.

You think the president intends to leave a pro-American liberal regime in place? No, because that’s just impossible. Post-war Germany and Japan are not models for Iraq. Each had mature (at least a full generation old) constitutional orders by the end of the 19th century. They both endured as constitutional orders until the 1930s. Thus General Clay and General MacArthur were merely reversing a decade and a half totalitarianism -- returning to nearly a century of liberal political change in Japan and a much longer period in Germany.
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 17, 2006
Once again you avoid the main issue. Iraqi police are targeted - but you keep trying to imply that that isn't true.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums