Slobodan Milosevic Found Dead In His Cell

Topic locked
Slobodan Milosevic Found Dead in His Cell Mar 11, 2006
So no justice then?:

Slobodan Milosevic Found Dead in His Cell

11 mARCH 2006

Slobodan Milosevic, the former Yugoslav leader who orchestrated the Balkan wars of the 1990s and was on trial for war crimes, was found dead in his prison cell at the U.N. detention center near The Hague, the U.N. tribunal said Saturday. He was 65.

A tribunal press officer in The Hague said Milosevic was found dead in his bed, apparently of natural causes.

Milosevic has been on trial since February 2002, defending himself against 66 counts of war crimes, including genocide, in Croatia, Bosnia and Kosovo.

The trial has been repeatedly interrupted by Milosevic's poor health and chronic heart condition.

It was recessed last week until Tuesday to await his next defense witness. Milosevic also was waiting for a court decision on his request to subpoena former President Clinton as a witness.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 11, 2006
it came kinda shock to me. Well he will face worse ......Hell :twisted:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 12, 2006
On that we agree Sniper.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 12, 2006
Although he did spend the most part of the last four years literally rotting away he still has an eternity of torture to look forward to.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 12, 2006
I'm not sad in the slightest, but I'm not celebrating either. If Saddam Hussein drags out his case for years, he too might end up having a heart attack or some age/health related disease strike him in his cell before conviction. I wouldn't be sad about that either.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 13, 2006
well i have a yugoslav friend and he told me all the charges against mili are fabricated. he also did tell me the reason why hatred against local muslims is prevalent- there was a mullah there during nazi time who was pronazi and joined the nazi members and recruited volunteers for nazi cause- they tortured and killed many local yugoslav. But i dont see any reason why they would kill thpusands of muslims after 30 yrs- i guess the wounds didnt heal........
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2006
kanelli wrote:I'm not sad in the slightest, but I'm not celebrating either. If Saddam Hussein drags out his case for years, he too might end up having a heart attack or some age/health related disease strike him in his cell before conviction. I wouldn't be sad about that either.

seriously guys if u compare todays; situation of iraq and saddams i guess saddams was better cos at least goddamn they had security but the way he ruled was messed up .now it's a huge cesspool. recently i came to know 3.2 billion dollars were lost in salaries to unknown members in goverment jobs! 3.2 billion almost 30-40% of iraqi budget! :shock:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
kanelli wrote:I'm not sad in the slightest, but I'm not celebrating either. If Saddam Hussein drags out his case for years, he too might end up having a heart attack or some age/health related disease strike him in his cell before conviction. I wouldn't be sad about that either.

seriously guys if u compare todays; situation of iraq and saddams i guess saddams was better cos at least goddamn they had security but the way he ruled was messed up .now it's a huge cesspool. recently i came to know 3.2 billion dollars were lost in salaries to unknown members in goverment jobs! 3.2 billion almost 30-40% of iraqi budget! :shock:

Er would you tell that to the thousands of people Saddam, tortured and murdered?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 13, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:
sniper420 wrote:

Er would you tell that to the thousands of people Saddam, tortured and murdered?

well I would tell millions other who are facing insecurity, bombings, looting, rape etc....
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2006
Zimbabwe and North Korea are suffering under leaders who punish opponents and have no problems letting their people starve and economy collapse.

There is slaughter and starvation still going on in Darfur.

Let me guess sniper, you think the US is behind those situations too. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 13, 2006
kanelli wrote:Let me guess sniper, you think the US is behind those situations too. :lol:

Typical common amwerican thinking.... :roll:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
kanelli wrote:Let me guess sniper, you think the US is behind those situations too. :lol:

Typical common amwerican thinking.... :roll:

amwerican, is that a new nationality? :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 19, 2006
Kanelli,
Nope, it is not.... But...

Lets not see Saddam Hussein stay in jail for long till he die.

Let this puppet trial end and see what is the verdict, at least (despite being puppet trial) the iraqi's would feel that he is punished after all their suffering from him, from the UN sunctions and from the US invasion.

Cheers
yshimy

Mar 20, 2006
yshimy wrote:Kanelli,

Let this puppet trial end and see what is the verdict, at least (despite being puppet trial) the iraqi's would feel that he is punished after all their suffering from him, from the UN sunctions and from the US invasion.

Cheers

Iraqis are suffering worse now! it's total mess now total mess. :x
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 20, 2006
good riddance
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 20, 2006
yshimy wrote:Kanelli,

Cheers

If it weren't for this puppet trial, Saddam would be walking free, probably in a neighbouring Arab country. I'm sure that many Iraqi's aren't complaining that he is being detained and put on trial.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 20, 2006
Not suggesting to be let go at all... I'm asking for him to be punished in any way or sort even by a "puppet trial"

I wished to see him being judged by a real Iraqi judge someday when this country got a real government that would come to power through any mean but the one we witnessed.

BTW a Kurd friend of mine was there in Iraq, noone cares about the trial, they don't follow it, they don't read its news, and they don't even bother about the output.

Cheers
yshimy

Mar 20, 2006
I'm surprised that they aren't following it. I thought I saw a news clip where citizens on the street and local gathering areas were giving their comments about the trial. This wasn't in the Kurdish part of the country though. Many people lost family members at the hands of Saddam Hussein and his men, so they should be interested in what happens to Hussein.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 20, 2006
Don't know...

They might be frustrated it is taking too long, or they might be thinking, "we got enough bullshit in our country, lets focus on it" or .. "whatever will happen to him, will not bring back our lost people"
yshimy

Mar 20, 2006
A few people in the news show I saw said they didn't need a trial - he should just be executed :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 01, 2007
RIP Slobodan
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Jan 02, 2007
valkyrie wrote:RIP Slobodan

Your an asshole.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Jan 02, 2007
Hey Jamal, what about your rule about deleting threads that tread on the respect for the dead?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 02, 2007
jabbajabba wrote:

Your an asshole.

Do any of you get your opinions on current events outside of CNN?

"Serbia has never had only Serbs living in it. Today, more than in the past, members of other peoples and nationalities also live in it. This is not a disadvantage for Serbia. I am truly convinced that it is its advantage. National composition of almost all countries in the world today, particularly developed ones, has also been changing in this direction. Citizens of different nationalities, religions, and races have been living together more and more frequently and more and more successfully." -- Milosevic
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Jan 02, 2007
So this quote by Milosevic makes up for his murderous actions? :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 02, 2007
valkyrie wrote:
jabbajabba wrote:

Your an asshole.

Do any of you get your opinions on current events outside of CNN?

Yep - I know people who have have seen with their own eyes just what his death squad was capable of - esp when loaded up on speed and alcohol.

Where as you just google around all day posting other peoples quotes that align with your own borrowed view points.

I suppose next you will be supporting Kim Jong il.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Jan 02, 2007
As Kim Jong Il sings, "I'm so ronery, sooo ronery!" Maybe he could use a friend like Valkyrie. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 04, 2007
kanelli wrote:Zimbabwe and North Korea are suffering under leaders who punish opponents and have no problems letting their people starve and economy collapse.

There is slaughter and starvation still going on in Darfur.

Let me guess sniper, you think the US is behind those situations too. :lol:

Zimbabwe n North Korea n Darfur lol are they in the middle east n have loads of oil :D like IRAQ did. oh wait maybe Zimbabwe n North Korea n Darfur have natural Gas like Afghanistan does. lol these AFRICAN countries have nothing that is valuable to America so y would America come interferre in these countries affairs when they have nothing. the only time they will interfer is when there is Black Hawk down :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums