Total votes : 5

Mar 20, 2006
GAB wrote:Yep mate, my age is equivalent to your IQ. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 20, 2006
GAB wrote:Yep mate, my age is equivalent to your IQ. :lol:

Ah again the old lady is boasting her age. So u r claiming ur age is 145+ Sorry brits die earlier...cos of having many enemies
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 21, 2006
Not a Brit, darl!! :lol: And you've over quoted your IQ by about a century and a half a decade or so!! Your mathematics skills are on par with a six year old. :roll:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 21, 2006
:laughing3:
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 22, 2006
GAB wrote:Not a Brit, darl!! :lol: And you've over quoted your IQ by about a century and a half a decade or so!! Your mathematics skills are on par with a six year old. :roll:

Sorry my bad .......u r not a Brit but a B**tch.............HAHHAHAHAHA :lol: LOsers...........
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 22, 2006
Sniper, stop wrecking all the threads, you're becoming very tedious and turning the whole forum into a disaster area.

Let people carry on discussing topics properly.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 22, 2006
I will stop flamming if that old lady stops intiating this mess. She creates mess and then after snow ball effect, arnie lumps on me which pisses me even more............as long as nobody messes I am fine.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 22, 2006
Sniper, you deserve to messed all over from a great height.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 22, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Sniper, you deserve to messed all over from a great height.

U want to talk waht's fair, if somebody doesnt mess I wont give a damn,that old lady makes crap jokes and u arnie and other gang join hands eventhough u guys dont get the joke, what do u think I will just sit dumb. Look at urself! How do u react when somebody makes bad comment about u! I know ur sensitive person, so am I except different ppl have different break points....Enuff said.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 22, 2006
Okay okay okay, point taken, chill dude. It was only because you seem to be flaming in threads where people were having a decent discussion and that was ticking me off.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 23, 2006
I know this topic has probably been exhausted around here, but I thought I'd throw in a few cents/give my take on this nontheless.

First off, in case folks are looking at my location and wondering, I was heavily lobbying for the deal. However, I want to go over the factors of why it was really cut down. First off, certain media outlets in the US (the New York Times most notably) tend to capitalize on any chance they have to undercut the current White House Administration for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately in this case, their opportunity came in the form of this ports deal. Many news organizations quickly lept onto linking a state-owned Arab company to terrorism and security concerns... a paramount issue on which George Bush was reelected in 2004. It succeeded in making George Bush appear weak on national security in the eyes of most Americans, but was at the expense of Dubai.

Up until the time when the story initially broke, 99.2% of Americans didn't even know most of their own ports were owned by foreign entities, including myself. As much of a shocker as that was at first, it becomes a sobering thought when you look back on how long it's been like that.

The political diatribe about the UAE's relation to terrorism and whatnot is, at the end of the day, hot air. The suggestion politicians and media blow hards were making is that we shouldn't allow a UAE company to operate our ports because two of the 9/11 hijackers were from that country. It's an excuse. A man by the name of Timothy McVeigh was born here in the US, grew up here, and went on to explode a massive bomb outside of the Oklahoma City Federal building back in the 90s. Does that mean we should not be handling security in our country? No.

Did al-Qaeda members meet in the UAE to plan 9/11? Apparently, but they also slipped into the USA to actually execute the attacks. By the logic of Congress and the Senate, we're not fit to handle our own security either.

The real motivating factor was election time coming up. The media succeesfully convinced the common American that the UAE was too closely linked to terrorism to operate US ports. The politicians in office, concerned about being re-elected by those same Americans, killed the deal for that very reason. Appeasing the common idiot that the media helped stupify for political reasons.
Osnaz Vega
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 25, 2006
Sniper-disagreeing with what you post isn't flaming. :roll: What you posted was offensive. You don't have to be Einstein or have a Physics degree to work that one out. :roll: :wink: Some things you post I find relevant and your answers and debates are coherent and balanced and some things are just inflamatory and ridiculous. I posted that I thought your poll lacked judgement-you failed to edit it yourself and this is the first time I have asked a moderator to look at what has been posted. You have since flamed the situation on your own by making racist slurs againts Brits, which I will state for the umpteenth time I am not. :roll: If you post something that is racist or inflamatory you should expect people to be offended. As for the name calling.....very basic indeed. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Appeasing the common idiot that the media helped stupify for political reasons.

Osnaz-I agree with you. Fear, which goes hand in hand with racism, is a useful tool to manipulate, which is unfortunate.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 25, 2006
very well written Osnaz, I agree with your points. btw welcome to the forums :)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Mar 25, 2006
GAB wrote:Sniper-disagreeing with what you post isn't flaming. :roll: What you posted was offensive. You don't have to be Einstein or have a Physics degree to work that one out. :roll: :wink: Some things you post I find relevant and your answers and debates are coherent and balanced and some things are just inflamatory and ridiculous. I posted that I thought your poll lacked judgement-you failed to edit it yourself and this is the first time I have asked a moderator to look at what has been posted. You have since flamed the situation on your own by making racist slurs againts Brits, which I will state for the umpteenth time I am not. :roll: If you post something that is racist or inflamatory you should expect people to be offended. As for the name calling.....very basic indeed. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Appeasing the common idiot that the media helped stupify for political reasons.

Osnaz-I agree with you. Fear, which goes hand in hand with racism, is a useful tool to manipulate, which is unfortunate.

well u and ur pals were poking moi -had mo choice so u go ur way I mine........and watch wat u write then complain.

Osnaz yep I agree
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 25, 2006
:roll: Oh Sniper, you think that people are ganging up on you, but like I said what you wrote is inappropriate-end of-it has nothing to do with you being Sniper. Sometimes I agree with you (check replies) and sometimes I don't, same goes for Arnie, Choc, Liban and everyone else on here-it's not personal, you are trying to make it that way-name calling (which is flaming BTW but I can't be @rsed getting wound up ) :roll: ??? really, you'll have to do better than that :roll:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 25, 2006
GAB wrote::roll: Oh Sniper, you think that people are ganging up on you, but like I said what you wrote is inappropriate-end of-it has nothing to do with you being Sniper. Sometimes I agree with you (check replies) and sometimes I don't, same goes for Arnie, Choc, Liban and everyone else on here-it's not personal, you are trying to make it that way-name calling (which is flaming BTW but I can't be @rsed getting wound up ) :roll: ??? really, you'll have to do better than that :roll:

what the hell r u talking about ? everything is settled now dont throw water on the ashes........or keep it in the fight club....
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 25, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol: OK :D Just haven't had my coffee yet and I'm a grumpy old.............oops...... young lady!! :lol: :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 25, 2006
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Gabs you are old :wink:

:lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 25, 2006
:lol: And I've got the dentures to prove it!! :shock: :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules