Marriage

Topic locked
Marriage Jan 11, 2009
If the bride's father isn't present in the country at the time of marriage, could the brother step in? Would the court's here allow that? If so, would any documentation need to be provided and what would it have to be?

Thanks!

bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 11, 2009
In most cases yes..the biggest brother can step in if the father is away, but he has to be away for a good reason, not traveling for pleasure for example, then they ll ask you to wait for him, but other wise it is fine beside bringing relatives to the father like his brother strengthening the allowing of the brother to step in.

And if the son has a legal documentation signed by the father to run the show , then things goes smoother.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 11, 2009
well my father lives in another country, my eldest brother is from a previous marriage, and there is no documentation saying that my brother (from both parents) can step in for my father. oh, and all my father's relatives are living in other countries as well....

still ok?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 11, 2009
I think it is ok, I asked my brother ,he works in AD court. if you want further info I'll PM you his NUM. good luck, our courts here needs an update LOL
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 11, 2009
yes please, i need to be sure before we go to the courts
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 11, 2009
bushra, are you engaged? Congrats, congrats!!!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums