International Community

Topic locked
International community Aug 16, 2006
It is reported that International community are very reluctant to send troops to help the UN :(

chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 16, 2006
That's just really sad, and not very surprising. Most countries don't care unless it affects them or is happening in their own back yard.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 16, 2006
It is happening in their own back yard. So why are they reluctant to send help immediatly ?
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 16, 2006
Hi Gbush
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Aug 16, 2006
They're too busy dealing with claustrophobic women with vaseline in their hand luggage and 12 yr old kids who snuck inside a plane... :roll:
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 17, 2006
You know, as a "Westerner", I'm really getting sick and tired of the bashing we have been taking from critical, small minded, and really rude people on this forum!

What a crock of shit! Some of you need to open your eyes, and look in your own backyard.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 17, 2006
I know, it gets really tiring Dubai Girl.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 17, 2006
As much as I really enjoyed reading the DF, I am reluctant to even get on here. Who in the hell do you think you are??????????? It is sinful how some of you have made us American's feel. I do not see American's bashing people on here. It is getting really old, and it is making me really afraid to even be in this country. I can't believe how righteous everyone seems to be around here.

The American's that I know and have been involved with are much better than the one's that you all have stereotyped. I have never thought of any person/ or other HUMAN BEINGS for that matter, to be any different than me. We all have the same feelings, needs, and it is extremely important to feel good about who we are AND WHERE WE CAME FROM!

I have never seen such racist individuals, ever. Keep this up and no one will even register. It makes Dubai look like one hell of a nasty place. We are all here for one reason. Our spouses are working their asses off here, trying to make a difference, and the "American's" and everyone else who live here are contributing to the entire city. I can't believe some of the things that are mentioned here. It is totally UNACCEPTABLE.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 17, 2006
Hey DG - I can't see any anti-American post in this thread.. am I missing something? Who/What are you having a go at.

The person starting the thread is a Westerner who posts provocative anti-muslim messages, so I'm surprised you've chosen to vent in this thread (Israel-Lebanon thread has some strong anti-West posts in it, for example).

As for me - everyone I've met makes a clear distinction between the US administration in general and their foreign policy specifically (which in the Middle East seems to be - "support Israel, regardless") and the American population in general. Most comments have been "the Americans we meet are nice guys... but boy Bush etc are satan's spawn for the injustices they are actively taking part in.." (I paraphrase, of course).

Be wary of the trolls that say all Americans are evil or that all Arabs/Muslims are terrorists.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 17, 2006
I think DG is venting after reading various threads in the Politics and Religion forum. I have to admit that I too get pissed off when I keep seeing people bashing the West and blaming all their problems on the West.

Shaf gives good advice because there are trolls who come here to post, trying to demonise Americans and Arabs/Muslims. This chevalier is a prime example of someone who needs to be ignored!

Shaf, how do you know chevalier is Western?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 17, 2006
Kanelli - It's an assumption based on his posts, screen name and avatars. The screen name is a reference to the Knights Templars and a reference to the crusades - confirmed by the current avatar.

If he isn't Western, then he's deliberately taking the 'Western' view point and taking pot-shots at muslims/arabs.

I like playing devil's advocate and would be proud of some of Cheval's posts! :)

cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 17, 2006
Chevalier De Sion = Le Serpent Rouge IMO and yes they should just be ignored.

And DG I hope it's not my post which sparked your reaction... I was just kidding! Well kinda... After all it WAS hilarious seeing this dog sniffing the luggages of all passengers... And that 12yr old kid story was just the icing on the cake :lol:

Anyway as I always say these are public forums. Whatever happens here will prolly have the same effect as me sneezing, affecting the Earth's rotation... There are ppl who post nonsense on any forums, ppl who SAY nonsense in real life. You should just learn to ignore such indiviuals. Works for me. I don't waste my time trying to reason with parasites.
Nick81

Aug 17, 2006
[quote="kanelli"]I think DG is venting after reading various threads in the Politics and Religion forum. I have to admit that I too get pissed off when I keep seeing people bashing the West and blaming all their problems on the West.

Shaf,
Kanelli is right. After reading many posts lately, I guess the first post of this particular forum, I was thinking they wanted the damned American's to kick in and send more troops out to help.

There have been some pretty unsightly posts recently, and guess today was my venting day. I apologize for my rant, and I am not even a confrontationalist type person, but after thinking about how disturbing some of the forums have been to me, I vented.

I do not know who trolls are, and probably don't want to! I will try to stick with the subject matter, and be a better DF'r.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 17, 2006
Nick81,

Your comment did spark my post!!! Guess I'm a little defensive. The letter to President Bush was another terrible post that was very disturbing to me also...... I did not know you were kidding. I'm really sorry for the rant....didn't mean to offend anyone, or make something out of nothing.
Please forgive me!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 17, 2006
dubai girl wrote:As much as I really enjoyed reading the DF, I am reluctant to even get on here. Who in the hell do you think you are??????????? It is sinful how some of you have made us American's feel. I do not see American's bashing people on here. It is getting really old, and it is making me really afraid to even be in this country. I can't believe how righteous everyone seems to be around here.

The American's that I know and have been involved with are much better than the one's that you all have stereotyped. I have never thought of any person/ or other HUMAN BEINGS for that matter, to be any different than me. We all have the same feelings, needs, and it is extremely important to feel good about who we are AND WHERE WE CAME FROM!

I have never seen such racist individuals, ever. Keep this up and no one will even register. It makes Dubai look like one hell of a nasty place. We are all here for one reason. Our spouses are working their asses off here, trying to make a difference, and the "American's" and everyone else who live here are contributing to the entire city. I can't believe some of the things that are mentioned here. It is totally UNACCEPTABLE.

DG why dont you open your eyes? Your government brought this to the people of America! And who decides who should rule your country? Isnt it your people too? :!:

If I were you thank your God you are in Dubai, this is the only harrassment/insults/discrimination that you are experiencing. Try to walk in Iraq or Afghanistan or somewhere else, you might not last 5 minutes.

Dont blame DF for the sh!t your reading, or better else find another forum where you will be praised and exalted! :evil:
zam

Aug 17, 2006
zam wrote:
dubai girl wrote:As much as I really enjoyed reading the DF, I am reluctant to even get on here. Who in the hell do you think you are??????????? It is sinful how some of you have made us American's feel. I do not see American's bashing people on here. It is getting really old, and it is making me really afraid to even be in this country. I can't believe how righteous everyone seems to be around here.

DG why dont you open your eyes? Your government brought this to the people of America! And who decides who should rule your country? Isnt it your people too? :!:

If I were you thank your God you are in Dubai, this is the only harrassment/insults/discrimination that you are experiencing. Try to walk in Iraq or Afghanistan or somewhere else, you might not last 5 minutes.

Dont blame DF for the sh!t your reading, or better else find another forum where you will be praised and exalted! :evil:

Um Zam no offense but who gave you the authority to suggest to someone to leave the forum? DG just ignore that post... Seriously...

And no need to apologize :wink:
Nick81

Aug 17, 2006
No apology needed DG - sometimes you just need to vent.

It just seemed strange to do it in a thread started by a troll (IMHO) and in which there weren't any provocative posts (I laughed at Nick's post).

If it's any consolation - I don't have any truck with those that outrightly condemn all Americans... but be wary that many of these are just trying to get a reaction. Also some of the posts recently have been emotionally charged and really a vent of anger and frustration over what was happening to relatives in Lebanon.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 17, 2006
oh yeah I got carried away.....sorry my l0rd :roll:

but seriously if you cant take it...then dont :lol:

DG in my post, no offence meant.
zam

Aug 17, 2006
Shaf,
Thank you for your kindness, and understanding. I too have lost sleep, and been deeply concerned for the people of Lebanon. I have compassion for people of all kinds, colors, race, etc. Probably more than the norm. I want peace. I do not believe in war either.....I am a lover, not a fighter!

Again, thanks to the people who have been understanding of my ranting today, and hopefully when I meet you, you will see that I am a kind, caring, and loving person.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 17, 2006
Shaf, not all Westerners take pot shots at Arabs/Muslims.

I assumed from his/her posts that Chevalier could also be Serpent, and that this person was Iraeli.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 17, 2006
Kanelli - good point, you are right. I guess because most of the Israeli's I've met are European in origin (many hundreds of years in Europe) as opposed to those who have been in the East all along, I tend to subconciously classify them as Western as well.

Point taken though.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 17, 2006
kanelli wrote:Shaf, not all Westerners take pot shots at Arabs/Muslims.

I assumed from his/her posts that Chevalier could also be Serpent, and that this person was Iraeli.

I just knew you were clever!

:roll:

:P
Nick81

Aug 17, 2006
I am clever Nick :D

Yes, well, you might call them a Westerner - seems everyone gets lumped in there. In any case, not all Westerners believe or support the same things that Israelis do.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 17, 2006
Thank you Zam, wild arabian horses won't keep me away from the DF.

I appreciate your comment.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 17, 2006
no prob DG but I kinda' hate your avatar....its animal cruelty! :lol:
zam

Aug 17, 2006
Interestingly, I view myself as a Westerner.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 17, 2006
I love my shades, and dress up my daughter's weimerainer's, and my bassett hound!!! I might consider getting another pic in the future. I thought it was appropriate as I am a new DF member....just incognito...until today-

Have a good one....going out with hubby tonight. Think I need a cocktail!!!!!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 17, 2006
shafique wrote:Interestingly, I view myself as a Westerner.

I view you as a Westerner as well.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 17, 2006
shafique wrote:Interestingly, I view myself as a Westerner.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol :rr: inyour dreams
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 18, 2006
Cheval is not an Israeli, he is an american who followed me over from FF. Indeed this Kat hates Jews almost as much as he hates muslims/Arabs.

http://www.fuckfrance.com/topic/2228939 ... replies=21

http://www.fuckfrance.com/topic/1892168 ... thday.html
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums