How To Enjoy Your Life Containing Both +ve And –ve Things?

Topic locked
How to enjoy your life containing both +ve and –ve things? Feb 09, 2011
My point..
The essence of the entire message of Lord Krishna, Bhagavad Gita, is to develop the highest state in which you can be in the state of continuous enjoyment and happiness through entertainment. If you can enjoy the problems also, such continuous state of happiness is possible. The human being has always the worst tendency to pick-up negative things only in the life and go on brooding over those things. Either you should avoid thinking about those negative things (dhyayato vishayaan …) or you should be able to enjoy those negative things also like the dish of chillies in meals.

Avoiding the thinking of negative things in the life is impossible since they touch and penetrate the mind in the practical life. Therefore, the only alternative way is to enjoy those things also and be happy in every minute of life. Such state is called as Brahmi sthiti (Eshaa brahmi sthitih …), which means that you should continuously enjoy your life containing both positive and negative things like God enjoying His creation containing both good and bad.

dattaswami
BANNED

Re: How To Enjoy Your Life Containing Both +ve And –ve Thing Feb 09, 2011
Don't you think God created pain for a purpose?

Would you continue to eat something that is poisonous and tastes bad whilst thinking to yourself - 'I must have positive thoughts and ignore the bitter taste? Wow, this tastes good?'

Datta - I'm sorry but your inability to maintain a discussion about your cut and pastes does lessen the times when you make valid points.

We're still waiting for an explanation of the Vedic and other scriptural references to the slaughter and eating of beef by Brahmins in the past.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: How to enjoy your life containing both +ve and –ve thing Feb 09, 2011
dattaswami wrote:Therefore, the only alternative way is to enjoy those things also and be happy in every minute of life.

A very postive message that we didn't see for a long time in this religious section. I do not really enjoy negative things, though I try to take them positive: as a lesson, something that gives me experience, and "what does not kill me, makes me stronger". If I wouldn't have lows in my life, I wouldn't have highs, or at least I wouldn't appreciate them as such.

B happy! :headbang:
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: How to enjoy your life containing both +ve and –ve thing Feb 10, 2011
Flying Dutchman wrote:
dattaswami wrote:Therefore, the only alternative way is to enjoy those things also and be happy in every minute of life.

A very postive message that we didn't see for a long time in this religious section. I do not really enjoy negative things, though I try to take them positive: as a lesson, something that gives me experience, and "what does not kill me, makes me stronger". If I wouldn't have lows in my life, I wouldn't have highs, or at least I wouldn't appreciate them as such.

B happy! :headbang:

Gita says that equality in situations of happiness and misery is Yoga (samatvam yoga…). Generally people misunderstand this concept. They think that keeping oneself inactive towards happiness and misery without any disturbance like a stone is the meaning of this verse. Such meaning is wrong and is not the actual opinion of the Lord. It is only the misinterpretation of misunderstood heart of the verse. You are not a stone to show such inert behavior. You are a living human being and can never behave like that. You can behave like that by taking some sedative drugs and there is no need of the intensive spiritual effort to achieve such state. The actual opinion of this verse is that you should enjoy both happiness and misery like the sweet and hot dishes in your meals.

While taking the hot dish, your tongue is vibrating and tears are flowing from your eyes! But still you are enjoying the taste of hot dish in your heart. Similarly, you weep in the situation of misery, but if you are able to enjoy your own weeping, you have achieved the state of continuous enjoyment through entertainment from the creation by which you have attained the state of God. Gita says that you should enjoy even your death (eshaa brahmi sthitih…). In fact, the author of Gita exhibited His own concept in His practical life. The same sweet smile that appeared on the face of the Lord while dancing with the beautiful Gopikas, remained on the face of the Lord at the time of His last breath also after shot by an arrow.

-- Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:48 pm --

shafique wrote:Don't you think God created pain for a purpose?

Would you continue to eat something that is poisonous and tastes bad whilst thinking to yourself - 'I must have positive thoughts and ignore the bitter taste? Wow, this tastes good?'

Datta - I'm sorry but your inability to maintain a discussion about your cut and pastes does lessen the times when you make valid points.

We're still waiting for an explanation of the Vedic and other scriptural references to the slaughter and eating of beef by Brahmins in the past.

Cheers,
Shafique

According to Veda, God created this world for His entertainment and He is enjoying all the scenes of this creation. If you can enjoy all the incidents of your life in a similar way, you have attained the state of God and this is the monism (Advaita) preached by Shankara. Shankara told that the Lordship (Eshwara) is a myth (Mithya) in this context. This means that when God and the soul are enjoying the creation equally with continuous entertainment, there is no need of bringing the irrelevant Lordship of creation, ruling and destruction of the world in this context.

The peon is seeing the cinema along with the producer and director. The state of producer and director is meaningless to differentiate the peon and producer cum director as far as the enjoyment of the cinema as a spectator is concerned. Mithya means neither true nor false. The producer cum director is sitting in the hall and therefore the state of producer cum director is not false. But still the state of producer cum director is unnecessary and irrelevant as far as the common spectatorship is concerned. Therefore the state of producer cum director is neither true nor false. Hence it is called as Mithya.
dattaswami
BANNED

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums