Eminul-Fatawa Of UAE?

Eminul-Fatawa of UAE? Apr 21, 2020
Assalamu alaykum my dear Muslims.
Good day my dear others.

I would like to know who is the Emirul-Mu'minin in UAE?
Living here 13+ years and still don't know who is that kind of authority.

Who is the leader of religious Muslims here? Any kind of Raisul Ulama, or Khalifah, Emirul-Mu'minin or Grand Imam, Grand Qadi, Grand Mufti or something like that... Anything.

Who is the Eminul-Fatawa who approves things by fatwa? Like those things that were always haram since Prophet s.w.s. until now and then yet are "fatwa-approved".

Like "fatwa-approved" Emirates Loto: https://gulfnews.com/uae/uaes-first-fatwa-approved-loto-crowns-inaugural-winners-1.71089551

I know that Islam is now modern, not like 20 years ago or so. Ulama now make halal many things. Recently one Hafithul-Qur'an asked me for "secret marriage".

As a good informed Muslimah I told him that there is no such thing in Islam as a "secret marriage", and every marriage must be announced and party made for it, with at least one sheep prepared for feast.
Then he told me (actually wrote via e-mail) that today's Ulama allow such secret marriages where man can hide from his own family that he is having an affair (pardon; marriage) with another woman, and where he is not obliged to take care of that other woman, but he shall consume his marriage without any obligations.

If I heard that from some uneducated man, who is not Islamic practitioner then I would think he is talking bullshit. But now that man is a Professor in Islamic Science and Hafithul-Qur'an and a Teacher in prominent Islamic School.

I want to know who is that Ulama of today who "fatwa-approve" things such as lottery games, secret marriages without responsibility of man towards woman and without municipal wedding etc.?
Who are those Geniuses of Islamic Scholars?

All I know for now is that Prophet Muhammad s.w.s. announced this:

“Hadhrat `Ali bin Abi Talib (Radhiyallahu `Anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu `Alayhi wasallam) said:
“Soon there will dawn an age upon mankind when nothing will remain of Islaam but its name and nothing will remain of the Qur’aan but its text. Their Masaajid will be beautifully adorned structures, but devoid of Hidaayat. Their `Ulamaa will be the worst (of creation) under the canopy of the sky. Fitnah will emerge from them and Fitnah will return to them.

I googled and found out that there is an institution for making fatawas.
https://www.awqaf.gov.ae/en/officialfatwacenter

I searched on their website "lotto approved" fatwa and didn't find anything!

Then who did "fatwa-approve" lotto in UAE?
Or maybe that just baseless claim by owners of Emirates Lotto??

There shall be some law and we shall know names of those who approve something (making it halal for us to join) and we shall know their arguments.
Without that it is just making fun of shari3ah and Islam.

Shamoosa
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums