Boycotting Denmark

Topic locked
Boycotting Denmark Jan 29, 2006
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01669.html

its hit all the international new agencies yet i havent seen it being discussed here :P

What do you guys think ?

Worse things have showed up US/European media before but never have i seen the Muslim world react.

Ofcourse i still think that what was published in the newspapers crosses the line of free speech and shouldnt have been published. The whole idea of the contest itself was looking for trouble anyway.

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 29, 2006
I think Maaad, if the situation were reversed, we really wouldn't give a monkeys.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

123 Jan 29, 2006
if the situation was reversed fck i would get pissed more than i am pissed with the story now ... yeah i say boycott those blasphemous Danish !!!

heehhe seriously … its kinda rude to actually publish the prophet Muhammad wearing a turban shaped as a bomb with a burning fuse !!! no sense of humanity whatsoever to do such … freedom of speech was crossed by a mile with that !!!! it’s the news’s paper’s mistake, because they already know this coming !!! and yet they let it out !!! if the Danish gov. would just let this pass then its just right to boycott Denmark !!!! they can use BUSH or SADDAM !!!! I bet they would even triple their sales in middle east if they used those two clowns! but why the Prophet Mohammad ? I say even Christians should condemn such blasphemous paper!!! its just not civil and its simply not right !!!
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 29, 2006
In any society that supports "free speech" there is always a mechanism for "the right to reply or challenge".
arniegang

Jan 29, 2006
This is the first time , i developed the respect for Saudi arab. It wuld be nice if all muslims countries follow the Saudi arab and push the danish companies to the wall. Thats the only way to pressurize a country as following companies are having great loss .

1= Maersk Group (Maersk Sealand) ,they have lot of business in middle east

2= Novo Nordisk ( world leader in diabetes care)

3= Arla group

PS" i am not Danish ,i only work here , so dont bycott me and my posts " :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 29, 2006
as long as all the hotels and food shops dont boycott "Danish Pastries", who really cares

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Jan 30, 2006
HP are people in denmark actually going to be affected by a Saudi boycott though ? how much % of the total exports does Saudi represent ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 30, 2006
MaaaD wrote:HP are people in denmark actually going to be affected by a Saudi boycott though ? how much % of the total exports does Saudi represent ?

well i only know about "Arla food". Arla food earns like 1 million AED everyday from Saudi Market.
I assume that middle east is the big market of their Dairy Products.
The population of Denmark is only 5.5 million and they have more consumer in Saudi arab than in DK.

The current doesnt hold the majority and they have support from anti immigrants party (Danish people party-DF). Usually it is DF , which always push govt against law and other stuff. Now they are very quite because they didnt know that it will cause them lot lot of money in Saudi Arab.

tell u something interesting about marriage law .........Danish nationals (espcially immigrants) are not allowed to get married outside DK and European union until and unless they are not 25 ( they also have to show fix income ,house and some other stuff) . Thats why immigrants are moving to Sweden ( Sweden is jst 40 minutes by train).

tell u something more interesting ,it was written in our university

"foreigners dont leave us alone in Denmark with the Danes" :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 31, 2006
ok HP in general how is Denmark ?? is it nice there ??? im planning on my vacation this year ... and Im looking at Europe ... input pls ...
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 31, 2006
Most Arab/Muslim countries have some sort of boycott against Danish products in place because of this. It will take some time to reverse this, I hope.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 31, 2006
Hope not, hope the boycott continues.

Yeah i say it in all the forums.

MP, I prefer to go to Belgium actually.

you will enjoy it.
yshimy

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums