HOW TO PAY YOUR DEBT AND CLEAR YOUR NAME IF YOU HAVE A CASE FROM ABROAD
former residents who have outstanding debt can still pay their loans from abroad to avoid getting on the wrong side of the law.
1) If you leave the UAE with an outstanding debt, communicate with your bank and tell them your financial situation. Request the available settlement options. Ask the minimum settlement amount for one-time payment in black and white or choose the option that you can best stick to.
2) Once you have agreed on a settlement option, request a settlement letter. Never pay without any documentary proof.
3) Comply with the settlement agreement. You can do this by wiring money directly to the bank from where you are or as agreed between you and the bank.
4) Once fully paid, request a release/clearance letter. If you have a police case, secure a clearance from the bank’s lawyer as proof that they have cancelled the case.
5) Present the clearance to the police station so your records can be cleared from police and immigration systems. If you’re not in the country, your representative can do this for you.
For Any kind of assistance and negotiation with banks and for clearing your name from blacklist,Please do contact us.
Dar Al Hekma Lawyers And Legal Consultancy
Deira, Near Salauddin Metro Station,Dubai