Would You Love Her If She Wasn't Pretty? Would You Love Him?

Topic locked

Read the topic then answer plz

Yes
95%
No
5%

Total votes : 22

Would you love her if she wasn't pretty? would you love him? Jul 04, 2006
Would you love a woman if she wasn't pretty? would you still love her if she was pretty then 'stopped' being pretty?? she got pregnant and gained weight for good? she had an accident? she got cancer?...

Would you love him if he was fat? if he got fat? if he was 'ugly'? if anything wrong happened to him?

please let's not discuss the definition of Love it self, and just answer the questions the way YOU understand them :).

starting with me, and to be very true about this...

NOT EASILY, i'm a person who tends to love beauty in everything, and adore and respect beauty, so yes i'll love her if she wasn't pretty at all, but not easily, she gotta have ALOTTA of good features that can cover this "curse" called beauty, maybe i sound like an idiot who's after hot chicks, but not at all, i love true females who can complete me and be the total reflaction for my personality as a male, so for me, a true female -and again let's not discuss what does a true female mean-.

Rami
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 04, 2006
Hiya kinda topic, but anyway...

beauty is relative
fat not necessarily = ugly
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 04, 2006
Your topic isn't stupid at all actually, but you kinda put it in a bad way.

Beauty IS important whatever people might say. Sure it's not everything but it's part of the very definition of attraction. Every one of us has different tastes in women (for guys), or men (for girls and Dave. Sorry I just had to say it). You jumped directly to LOVE. Well as you put it yourself, we shouldn't be discussing whether love has something to do with beauty or not, because it sure doesn't. You should've put it as "would you be ATTRACTED to someone who isn't pretty?"

In my book, such a relationship might take more time, might be more difficult to start (not because you're not interested but because you might not THINK about starting it before getting to know the person). But yeah I could definitely love a girl who isn't a Calvin Klein model...
Nick81

Jul 04, 2006
Nick81 wrote:Your topic isn't stupid at all actually, but you kinda put it in a bad way.

Beauty IS important whatever people might say. Sure it's not everything but it's part of the very definition of attraction. Every one of us has different tastes in women (for guys), or men (for girls and Dave. Sorry I just had to say it). You jumped directly to LOVE. Well as you put it yourself, we shouldn't be discussing whether love has something to do with beauty or not, because it sure doesn't. You should've put it as "would you be ATTRACTED to someone who isn't pretty?"

In my book, such a relationship might take more time, might be more difficult to start (not because you're not interested but because you might not THINK about starting it before getting to know the person). But yeah I could definitely love a girl who isn't a Calvin Klein model...

u think u could get a CK model, Nick? :roll:

:P
raidah

Jul 04, 2006
raidah wrote:
Nick81 wrote:Your topic isn't stupid at all actually, but you kinda put it in a bad way.

u think u could get a CK model, Nick? :roll:

:P

Don't test my confidence woman!
Nick81

Jul 04, 2006
not ur confidence, just ur limitations :roll:
raidah

Jul 04, 2006
Very 'Hiya-esk'

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and love doesn't just go away because looks may fade.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 04, 2006
raidah wrote:not ur confidence, just ur limitations :roll:

Let's not go there! Some people might not be ready for some revelations!
Nick81

Jul 04, 2006
that's a tricky topic.

but let's face it looks play a major role in relationships, i mean if the woman or man was not good looking, would you people approach her or him?

I think not.
Moester
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 04, 2006
go horsy go :lol:
raidah

lol Jul 04, 2006
well, i didn't think my topic was stupid at all either :P, lol, maybe i did i forgot, anyways, who's hiya? or what do you mean by hiya? :s and believe me, it's a hard question it's not easy.
Rami
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 04, 2006
well , looks doesnt matter .. plus ur face reflects ur personality.. i would fall for a man with kind eyes .. and pure smile ... i dont like cheesy looking men even if they are so s.e.x.y... who cares if ur with the most beautiful man/ woman on earth and they dont treat u right or they have attitude .. or they are shallow.. To me its all in the head ..if he is clever , honest and interesting who cares how he looks like ... ooh and he should smell nice of course :oops:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 04, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and love doesn't just go away because looks may fade.

Totally agree with this statement. Its what is inside a person that counts, not what is shown. Yes, we all want CK models (m/f respective), but to be honest, they are probably idiots and you would soon get bored of them. Great to start off with, but after a while ................................

I think I would take inner beauty over looks (some of both is great). You fall in love with a person for who they are, not what they are or what you want them to be.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 04, 2006
Corcovado wrote:well , looks doesnt matter .. plus ur face reflects ur personality.. i would fall for a man with kind eyes .. and pure smile ... i dont like cheesy looking men even if they are so s.e.x.y... who cares if ur with the most beautiful man/ woman on earth and they dont treat u right or they have attitude .. or they are shallow.. To me its all in the head ..if he is clever , honest and interesting who cares how he looks like ... ooh and he should smell nice of course :oops:

Nice eyes eh???

Oooh - and I've just ordered that aftershave you like ;)
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 04, 2006
Hahahahahahahaha, nice one Zoots.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 04, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
Corcovado wrote:well , looks doesnt matter .. plus ur face reflects ur personality.. i would fall for a man with kind eyes .. and pure smile ... i dont like cheesy looking men even if they are so s.e.x.y... who cares if ur with the most beautiful man/ woman on earth and they dont treat u right or they have attitude .. or they are shallow.. To me its all in the head ..if he is clever , honest and interesting who cares how he looks like ... ooh and he should smell nice of course :oops:

Nice eyes eh???

Oooh - and I've just ordered that aftershave you like ;)

Zoots :oops: thats sweet 8)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 04, 2006
Corcovado wrote:Zoots :oops: thats sweet 8)

I aim to please!! :)
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 04, 2006
DaveDXB wrote:
raidah wrote:Hiya kinda topic, but anyway...

beauty is relative
fat not necessarily = ugly

HUHWAHWAHWAHAWAWHAW

u fat cowwwwwwwwwww, we'rd u hear that crap from....trying to cover up for ur ugliness loool :puke:

ur sad...
raidah

Jul 04, 2006
Looks are important but they shouldn't be the foundation of a relationship. Not that I'm the expert, but hey ho!

I always thought I'd only go for guys who are 6'4 with an under bite and extremely toned arms... well I've realised that's not the case and a caring personality is so much more.

Saying that, my best friend in the UK is the sweetest guy and we got on like a house on fire. Everyone thought we were dating / going to get married. We love each other so much and although he's not ugly, in fact he's a very good looking guy, I just can't see myself in a romantic situation with him...

As for the question, if I truly loved someone and they had an accident (heaven forbid) I'd like to think that I would still love them. It might be hard but the love and strength (if it's true and deep) will pull you through. At least that is what I hope.
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 04, 2006
deep stuff coming from the DF party animal ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 04, 2006
Princess Banana Hammock wrote:Looks are important but they shouldn't be the foundation of a relationship. Not that I'm the expert, but hey ho!

I always thought I'd only go for guys who are 6'4 with an under bite and extremely toned arms... well I've realised that's not the case and a caring personality is so much more.

Saying that, my best friend in the UK is the sweetest guy and we got on like a house on fire. Everyone thought we were dating / going to get married. We love each other so much and although he's not ugly, in fact he's a very good looking guy, I just can't see myself in a romantic situation with him...

As for the question, if I truly loved someone and they had an accident (heaven forbid) I'd like to think that I would still love them. It might be hard but the love and strength (if it's true and deep) will pull you through. At least that is what I hope.

i think princess closed the deal over here. very nicely said.
Moester
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 04, 2006
DaveDXB wrote:

looks doesnt matter!! l0o0o0ol thats what all the fat ugly hopeless ppl say..... im speechless babe...u just admited to being a ZERO THAT U R.

Dave Dave ... u poor thing ...Did u take ur pill today? the hospital called ... i mean look at ur avatar .. they think ur getting better.. :twisted: :twisted:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 04, 2006
i dont think dave has a cure :lol:
but he should do smthing about his ass, i mean his face, which in his case its the same, or it will fall apart :?
raidah

Jul 04, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 05, 2006
DaveDXB wrote:looks doesnt matter!! l0o0o0ol thats what all the fat ugly hopeless ppl say..... im speechless babe...u just admited to being a ZERO THAT U R.

The same could be said of those who constantly boast about their romantic encounters (wet dreams) - drop dead looser.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
DaveDXB wrote:looks doesnt matter!! l0o0o0ol thats what all the fat ugly hopeless ppl say..... im speechless babe...u just admited to being a ZERO THAT U R.

The same could be said of those who constantly boast about their romantic encounters (wet dreams) - drop dead looser.

the same? come on :wink:
smbody can have some extra kilos and still have the proportions or smthing about her or him to make more that beautiful.
looks do count, but just looks = zero

u dont expect him to understand that, do u? :lol:
raidah

Jul 05, 2006
will switch to new one , i find that my first wife or GF is getting less attractive like GAB .

The wife of Dubai Knight had kicked him out when she discovered that he has not getting erection anymore and even Viagara doesnt work :) . Now he is wid wafeey :wink:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 05, 2006
*ahem*

Dear Dave,

I could've commented your intellectually stimulating posts directed at Corc and Raidah but I won't. First because both have already kicked your fat, empty head in, virtually speaking. Second because this is far from being the purpose of this post.

What I would like to do is analyze the urges that drive you to make a fool out of yourself on a public forum. Now that is quite the accomplishment as I could possibly understand someone get humiliated in REAL LIFE. But to do that on a public forum, wow... Just wow...
So was it that you had a rough childhood? The kid that got bullied by kindergarden kids, the kid that sucked at sport, the typical stereotype that is depicted in so many cheesy Hollywood movies. Except life isn't a movie and that you're still waiting for that happy ending. Well guess what? You're not on the right track.
Teasing, cocky and funny lines are something and being a douche is something completely different. When you fail at impressing women in real life, when you're still waiting to open that very first box of condoms that your dad bought for you when you got your first pubes and gave you the talk about the bees and the flowers, something is definitely wrong.

Wrong is an understatement when it comes to defining your attitude. You are clueless when it comes to interaction with women. The fact that you have a sense of humor that might only make laugh a select number of individuals including big names such as Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal isn't helping either. I know this is your favourite kind of movie but you shouldn't base all your actions in real or virtual life on "THAT"!
Didn't you read some books? Maybe talk to some smart people, exchange some ideas. Maybe travelled a bit, discovered some different cultures, learned to interact with people who are different from you and learn to accept their differences?
I know I must be confusing you right now so I'll try to keep it simple. Keep myself at your level.

So let it out dude. Just open up and let your s.e.xuality overflow your senses. I am sure everyone here will like you more once you fully embrace your homos.e.xuality! Bashing women, blabbering stuff that only makes you look more foolish day after day isn't going to hide the truth. You have our full support. I am sure everyone here will be there to help you make the transition! We believe in you!

I am going to stop now because this "wall of text" might already be getting to hard for you to follow. We're going to do this step by step.
Nick81

Jul 05, 2006
HP wrote:will switch to new one , i find that my first wife or GF is getting less attractive like GAB .

The wife of Dubai Knight had kicked him out when she discovered that he has not getting erection anymore and even Viagara doesnt work :) . Now he is wid wafeey :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PMSL!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 05, 2006
Depends on your definition of beauty. I don't define it by the "look" but rather the intellect. If a man can speak intelligently, has integrity and is passionate about something, be that his work, his art, his family, I find him incredibly attractive. Most important to me is a down to earth take on life. I hate pretentious people, men or women!

Having said that, if a person doesn't make the most of their appearance and is a complete slob, I wouldn't find them attractive in the least. He doesn't have to look like a CK model but he has to atleast give a damn.

It isn't even a question that I would stand by the person I loved if they fell ill or changed in appearance. Attraction is based on much, much more than that.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance