Work Colleague

Topic locked
Work Colleague Jun 13, 2006
Hey had this work Colleague of mine who got himself into deep shite by being on constantly on a forum similar to this.His wife was very sick and he was still spending time on it without doing much else.He went to meets etc as we thought at the time to take his mind off things but finally it was found out that he was searching for possibly a new partner should his wife die. Read some of his posts and everyone loved him especially the ones around the same age but his wife got a bit sus about one week before she died and well I think that didnt help things out that much. After speaking to him he was going after a married girl on it who had kids but his wife saw some of the messages and the amount of time he was spending online talking to people and it was a bit to much for her. Hence not many people speak to him now and the girl he was after has now broken up with her hubby as he had enough of her being online every minute she could on the forum.So the moral of the story is becareful on the amount of time you spend on line as even though as in his case he had a near perfect marriage things play on peoples minds and there are some people who arent really as good as they seem

uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 13, 2006
She is obviously insecure and has other issues.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Maybe Jun 13, 2006
Maybe but I reckon once I get married if my wife became ill I wouldnt be on things like this as I would be spending every waking moment with her.Also he also had other ideas on it as he was going after others again not someone you would want to be married too in fact it is an arse hole thing to do
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 13, 2006
arniegang wrote:She is obviously insecure and has other issues.

Indeed she has other issues. If you read the story you'd discover she is dead. :?

But I agree with you otherwise. Mobile Phones, Email, and forum PMs are taboo, because so often they can be read out of context and the smallest spark that starts the flames of jealousy.

I make it a habit not to go near a partners email/phone/etc. because even in a relationship they are entitled to privacy.
^ian^

Jun 13, 2006
Worst luck her case is a bit diff as she was dying and couldnt work out why he wasnt spending as much time as poss with her.But yes people should have their own privacy but expect more from your partner and also some people are ruthless and go after people with out them really knowing and then things happen and usually it is the ones who didnt start off with the intention of doing anything that get hurt the most
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Maybe Jun 13, 2006
uaeaussie wrote:Maybe but I reckon once I get married if my wife became ill I wouldnt be on things like this as I would be spending every waking moment with her.

Well you known it could be the tipping point though. I was living with a girl and our relationship had well and truly beached, and I was preparing to let her know and ask her to move out and... she slipped over and broke her leg badly, and had to be hospitalised for a week.

I found out that she was going to be at home for 6 weeks, mostly bed-ridden until it healed, and that she would need someone to wait on her hand and foot. Well, now I didn't love this girl, and I had already told her we were not ever going to be married, and that was it. I couldn't bring myself to looking after her for 6 weeks waiting on her, because I figured before the end of 6 weeks I would have done something I seriously regret.

I ended up driving her to her parents place, in Sydney, which was 960 k's away. I didn't waste any time, and it was from the hospital, to the home to get her things, into the car and off. I was back on the Gold Coast within 24 hours.

I was not proud of what I did, and on the surface it looks very bad, but it was far better for her to be with people who loved her and would look after her, then it would be for someone in my position who was busy trying to plan to get away from her. Had she not broken her leg, I can guarantee she would have been out the door the next day, but it was fate and timing that made me look like a complete asshole.

Now... if my wife on the other hand was sick, well, there's a whole string of choices that are made before one gets to that point, and I know I would be there for her.
^ian^

Jun 13, 2006
GABs as i said if my wife got sick I would do that not if she wasnt I believe every one should have their own time so you are wrong nah nah nah na na. I think Gab if your hubby was sick and dying you would spend all of your time with him ?????. In this case he was also working less time than her and she would come home to find him on the computer and he would still stay on it
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 13, 2006
GAB what you removed your post??????
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 13, 2006
Sorry I misread your reply-trying to do two things at once. Actually, if it was a stable marriage you'd have expected the guy to be by his wife's side. I can't for the life of me think how someone could replace a wife with someone from the internet-CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEPY!!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 13, 2006
Thought that was the case hopefully there is no one on here like that couldnt do that to someone
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 13, 2006
worst case sometimes it is the ones you respect the most who are the diviats and sorry cant spell that
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 13, 2006
uaeaussie wrote:GAB what you removed your post??????

Completely stuffed up apologies. Anyway-agree with you. You'd be so sick with grief there would be nothing more to think about. I think if you are truly happy and have married your soulmate you'd do everything in your power to spend as much time with them before there is no more time. My grandmother was like this with my grandfather-it was the most incredible thing to see-he didn't even know she was there most of the time but she was there.........absolutely beautiful in the saddest way.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 13, 2006
uaeaussie wrote:worst case sometimes it is the ones you respect the most who are the diviats and sorry cant spell that

Deviants!! :) Would be a different forum I would think!! What you have to be worried about is more stuff that is NOT public. Being a public forum I don't think you'd have those probs here.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 13, 2006
Being a public forum I don't think you'd have those probs here

true
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 13, 2006
Anyway dont think there is anyone on here hopefully whos partner is seriously sick and they are still spending most of their time on here no one seems like that
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 13, 2006
Well, even if someone's spouse isn't sick, it isn't good to spend all of one's time on a forum when their spouse is home and wanting to spend some quality time. There needs to be a balance. Looking for someone else to replace a spouse when they are still around is just a really crappy thing to do.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jun 13, 2006
DaveDXB wrote:Watch out for spitting camels and ugly fat neked women driving SUV cars...

:arrow:

:?:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jun 13, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch out for spitting camels and ugly fat neked women driving SUV cars...

Yep Iam lost on that as well.Kanelli agree with you abot spending to much time as especially as expats we tend to see our family less here than we do at home.My ex work collegue was actually working all most part time compared to his wife who was working not far from the end and still when she got home early on the weekend he would still continue on the computer.
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 13, 2006
uaeaussie wrote:In this case he was also working less time than her and she would come home to find him on the computer and he would still stay on it

She was dying, yet still working?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 14, 2006
Yes for a fair while into her sickness she was mainly during the stage before it was known she was likely to die
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 14, 2006
uaeaussie wrote:Yes for a fair while into her sickness she was mainly during the stage before it was known she was likely to die

Are you sure this is not your own life story you are re-telling :?:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 15, 2006
Yep its me I died last week will send funeral invite
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 16, 2006
uaeaussie wrote:Yep its me I died last week will send funeral invite

You forgot the eye roll emoticon dear! :roll: Must admit you come up with some pretty wild stories-as they say life is far more bizarre than fiction.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 18, 2006
GABs well at least you didnt launch into me this time
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 18, 2006
uaeaussie wrote:GABs well at least you didnt launch into me this time

Wait for it :twisted:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 18, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
uaeaussie wrote:Yes for a fair while into her sickness she was mainly during the stage before it was known she was likely to die

Are you sure this is not your own life story you are re-telling :?:

Sage,

You may be onto something.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 19, 2006
uaeaussie wrote:GABs well at least you didnt launch into me this time

I only have a go at you when I mis-read your posts and totally misinterpret them, which of course is fair-I am a woman after all!! :P
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance