Love In The Work Place

Topic locked
love in the work place Jul 04, 2005
hi everybody

question 1. does the company you work for has the right to meddle with your love life

question 2 if it does, does the one with a lower rank has always to take te blow,,, women for that matter

question 3 does love in the work place lasts

send your thoughts

kyle
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 04, 2005
Er and why should the woman always be the lower ranking one at work?!

I hope you end up with a female manager that's a total princess!

That's an incredibly sexist remark! All the women I know would kick your arse over that one!

Love and work, no rarely works, living in someone's pocket 24/7, no thanks.

Some companies don't really like couples working together as it can cause problems, but they don't really have a right to get involved.

No go away and up your obviously low opinion of women, because matey with that attitude who'd want you!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 05, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Er and why should the woman always be the lower ranking one at work?!

I hope you end up with a female manager that's a total princess!

someone is a lil sensitive :wink: ...

as a personal experience, love at the workplace don't tend to co-exist... and like chocoholic says companies don't encourage couples working together because it often brings conflicts in ego's or emotions...
devilsmind
Dubai Forums Frequenter

love in the workplace Jul 05, 2005
hi maybe you totally did not get me of a little sensitive over this

for the record i have high respect to women especially those you really knows what she wants.

and i dont have low opinion on them, it just obvious that they always take the blame, like they started the relationship people say,,, or does it depend on the culture they belong to???
kyle
Dubai Forums Member

Re: love in the workplace Jul 05, 2005
kyle wrote:hi maybe you totally did not get me of a little sensitive over this

for the record i have high respect to women especially those you really knows what she wants.

That's bcos u r madame! :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

love i the work place Jul 06, 2005
no im not. im just a symphatising with them. thats all
kyle
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 06, 2005
Definitely depends on the culture as to whether women are held responsible, but I am not even going to start on the assumption that the woman is lower ranking :twisted:

I notice here that if I get married during my contract I lose my housing allowance. Guess they assume that I would move in with my husband who would be responsible for housing. Guess I'll be holding off on marriage for a while :)

Oh, and I used to work with my last boyfriend and it was very hard going - I wouldn't recommend it regardless of company policy!
KC
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 06, 2005
I think romance at work place is not ethical in the first place and as far as the lower rank who suffers does seem to be true irrespective of gender
berne
Dubai Forum Guest

nop Jul 12, 2005
berne wrote:I think romance at work place is not ethical in the first place and as far as the lower rank who suffers does seem to be true irrespective of gender

so true !!!!! and man isnt it abit too sophocating??? man you get too see each other at work and you get to see each other again at home !!!! geeeezzz the worst part is !!!! you'll even bring home the same work story waaaaaaa!!! scary thoughts !!!!!

no sorry i pass !!! i might go for a horny secretary / lady boss occaitional shag !!! if that is she's ok with it and no promises and strings attached !!! and if im not in a relationship i might! but to actually have a girlfriend a real steady as a work mate ???? noway !!!!! its a really hard stuff, i mean the office is the only thing that you can feel that you are again free in a sense and at home is the only place where you can actually say that stress and work worries cant follow you,... so if you have a GF as a work mate its a bad mix !!!!
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 03, 2009
Agree! Thou shalt not love thy officemates! lolz! (But sorry to say, I did it!)Otherwise take the consequences - office controversy, un-ending gossips, personal-work problems, etc. But I never experience these...hmmmn, very good to handle such situation, aint i? To me of course, Work is Work and blessed that I was too occupied with work loads! No time for emoticons!

And have much even better, we both decided to resign to avoid such conquences. Been steady for 2 years now and counting more....hopefully.

Oh what a relief even, it was only yesterday that I confessed with my former officemate about it. Completely had no clues! Now, they really adore on how do I handle such things! No mess ups...purely professional.
lurdez
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance