On The Question Of Dancing...

Topic locked
On the question of dancing... Apr 08, 2006
OK, this is really one for he girls:

Was in a well known and very crowded Dubai watering hole and chill out venue by the beach last night. There was a fantastic ambiance about the place and lots of people just kicking back and having a good time.

The guy who was doing the music knows how to get the people up and dancing, playing live guitar and singing to a computerised backing track.

There were a number of delightful young ladies present (I won't hark back to the already discussed difficulties in breaking the ice with groups of girls, however it has highlighted the neccessity of learning a few introductory lines in Polish, Romanian and Uzbeki!) who were having a great time and letting their hair down.

Into this broke a pair of what I shall describe as 'middle aged European gentlemen' who proceeded to attempt to dance with the girls in question. Now I am not having a go at their obvious desire to break the ice, however their attempts at dancing and trying to appear young and trendy were absolutely hilarious to watch! The overall impression was: You sad muppets! It looked positively dangerous to their health as they soon became very flushed in the face and I was debating whether having an abulance on stand-by might be a good idea!

The question: If a guy sees a girl on the dancefloor, wiggling it all around on her own or with another female friend, is it a good idea to try and dance with her to attract her attention and then, hopefully when the music is not so lound, striking up a conversation and taking it from there?

If she speaks English that is!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 08, 2006
Well, I don't mind if guys try to dance with me, as long as they are just having fun dancing and they approach with that attitude - not trying to be all "sexy" by showing off or rubbing up behind you or grinding from the front etc. Those guys I just push away.

Hubby can't complain about the men who approach because he doesn't dance, so tough luck for him. :P
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 08, 2006
Not a good idea knighty-baby....

That just comes across as sad & desperate...try catching their eye, and then 'accidently'appear at the bar the same time as the target lady, or in the smoking area(do they exist in Dubai??Illegal to smoke in pubs in Ireland, so now they all have cool outdoor heated smoking areas)...

..Or pass them on the way to the toilet a few times and 'accidently' (again!) brush by her...this should get a conversation starting...

Leave the dancing to the ladies my friend :wink: :wink:

Now, advice for me wise one????!!! :D
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 08, 2006
Hahahaha yeah some blokes just can't dance - some women too I might add like the lady in Scarlets last Tuesday who was stamping around the floor like a demented dino!

If a guy can't shake that thang properly they just look like loonies, what is it with guys and a lack of rhythm?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 08, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:Not a good idea knighty-baby....

That just comes across as sad & desperate...try catching their eye, and then 'accidently'appear at the bar the same time as the target lady, or in the smoking area(do they exist in Dubai??Illegal to smoke in pubs in Ireland, so now they all have cool outdoor heated smoking areas)...

..Or pass them on the way to the toilet a few times and 'accidently' (again!) brush by her...this should get a conversation starting...

Ta Vee!

I don't dance (on account of having 2 left feet and refusing to look like a complete spastic!)

Just about every public venue is a smoking place here! There are some places that are completely restriced like the airport and an increasing number of office buildings, but the shopping malls, coffee shops and bars are all smokey joe's. Restaurants normally have smoking and non smoking areas.

The 'brushing against' them kind of thing...??? That could be construed as a violation of personal space surely? There is a psychological barrier about what is known in the industry as 'The Butt Brush' where locations try to avoid having a space where people have to squeeze behind others to get to the toilet or the bar as it can be...'contentious'! (read that as black eye or stilleto through foot kind of contentious!!)

I did catch a girls eye once but, after I had chased it across the dance floor and recovered it from under the bar and brushed off the fluff and a few bits of peanut kernel, she was quite greatful for the return of it!

What other advice do you need from meee???

Knighty-baby (I like that!)
Dubai Knight

Apr 08, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Hahahaha yeah some blokes just can't dance - some women too I might add like the lady in Scarlets last Tuesday who was stamping around the floor like a demented dino!

If a guy can't shake that thang properly they just look like loonies, what is it with guys and a lack of rhythm?

Some of us can dance, we just choose not to (see previous post!) as for lack of rhythym...we make up for what we lack on the dancefloor in other areas! (we think!!!)

It's just that you ladies are built differently and the suspension system allows for a degree of 'slide' in the hip area that can be quite disconcerting for a fully fledged, signed up member of the male gender!

Eyes like organ stops!

Knight

PS...there was a lady of indeterminate age dancing like the dinosaur from Toy Story as well! You have to laugh!
Dubai Knight

Apr 08, 2006
kanelli wrote:Well, I don't mind if guys try to dance with me, as long as they are just having fun dancing and they approach with that attitude - not trying to be all "fun" by showing off or rubbing up behind you or grinding from the front etc. Those guys I just push away.

Hubby can't complain about the men who approach because he doesn't dance, so tough luck for him. :P

You'll be safe with me then K...I'll be the guy at the bar with your Hubby! (if he's buying the drinks that is!) :wink:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 08, 2006
oi DK hands off K if you please :wink:

K next time we eat, can we do tootsie toes under the table ?

:lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 08, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:Not a good idea knighty-baby....

me getting my notebook out here

carry on Vee

:D :D
arniegang

Apr 08, 2006
arniegang wrote:oi DK hands off K if you please :wink:

K next time we eat, can we do tootsie toes under the table ?

Purely cyber hands if you please! She is a married lady and therefore untouchable!

A mere bow and touch of the lips to the back of the hand is all that is permitted!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: On the question of dancing... Apr 08, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:The question: If a guy sees a girl on the dancefloor, wiggling it all around on her own or with another female friend, is it a good idea to try and dance with her to attract her attention and then, hopefully when the music is not so lound, striking up a conversation and taking it from there?

Knight

If you both have sympathy to each other - it`s an excellent idea! Otherwise...
Douce`Amere
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: On the question of dancing... Apr 08, 2006
Douce`Amere wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:The question: If a guy sees a girl on the dancefloor, wiggling it all around on her own or with another female friend, is it a good idea to try and dance with her to attract her attention and then, hopefully when the music is not so lound, striking up a conversation and taking it from there?

Knight

If you both have sympathy to each other - it`s an excellent idea! Otherwise...

OK Douce, so give me a clue how we are supposed to know. Is it in the eyes? if she looks more than once or twice? If she smiles?

Its normally a very hard call for us guys who are a little 'shy'.

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 08, 2006
Ohh girls are also often shy to show their sympathy openly & may behave as if have no any consern... If you don`t see it in her eyes & smile.. Look, maybe you see her shy?.. Or very trying to look even more gorgeuos than she is? What to do... You have to risk!
Douce`Amere
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 08, 2006
If she looks at you twice she's interested...1st time, she's checking you out - the second says she's attracted :lol:

About brushing by, don't make it a sleazy light brush. Do a 'genuine' bump, spill a bit of your drink on yourself & she'll laugh at you. I guarantee this will work...

It does on me anyway :lol: :wink:
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 08, 2006
What to do... You have to risk![/quote]

Er...ridicule? Embarassment? Being thought of as a complete jerk?

These things are sensitive for a guy. We see someone we like the 'look' of and would like to know if she is as nice as we would hope in terms of personality, but the initial impetus is almost always going to be physical.

To see a really nice girl on the dance floor is great, however opening that first conversation and keeping it going to find out if she is as 'real' as she looks...is a huge barrier.

Crashing and burning hurts! :cry:

There are some guys who have absolutely no feelings and will spend an evening being rejected and really not care. They are shallow and just move on to the next girl and try again. These are the ones you girls have radar to avoid, but unfortunately we all end up branded as one gender, so when a genuine guy walks up...your first, and sometimes second impression, is 'jerk'.

The question of doing this on a dance floor is even more sensitive as looking or appearing to be a jerk is possibly better than trying to dance and actually proving the point!!! So we can't win!

The places where it is quiet enough to actually sit and have a chat and show how nice we are are not the places girls tend to go, unless they are attached and want to spend time chatting with their special other. Catch 22!

Still confused!

:shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 08, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:If she looks at you twice she's interested...1st time, she's checking you out - the second says she's attracted :lol:

About brushing by, don't make it a sleazy light brush. Do a 'genuine' bump, spill a bit of your drink on yourself & she'll laugh at you. I guarantee this will work...

more notes thanks Vee

could you clarify one point here please for my notes.

If i bumped into you and spilt a pint over my head, does that mean "im in" ?

arniegang

Apr 08, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:If she looks at you twice she's interested...1st time, she's checking you out - the second says she's attracted :lol:

Yeah, but to see me sucking the sleeve of my shirt (that stuff is expensive here!) is not so cool! :shock:

I must practice the 'non sleazy light brush'...now who can I find as a volunteer?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 08, 2006
Definitely!!!!

Thats the best move you could do....

I would laugh hysterically and fall in love with you at first sight :lol: :lol:

I love a guy who can laugh at himself :lol: :lol:

Hopefully someone will pull this move on me tonight!! :wink:
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 08, 2006
noted cheers Vee

"pour a pint over your head" guaranteed bird puller.

Quote "Life of Brian"

"get in there like a rat up a aquaduct"
arniegang

Apr 08, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:Definitely!!!!

Hey Arnie...it'll be easy to spot Vee down the pub! She'll be the one dripping in the corner!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 08, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
irish vanessa wrote:Definitely!!!!

Hey Arnie...it'll be easy to spot Vee down the pub! She'll be the one dripping in the corner!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight

i laffed so much i nearly spat my mocha out, nice one DK

Yea Vee probably in the one in the corner, next to the table with 10 full pints on it

When we all meet up, we will both look at each other and shout "there's Vee"

arniegang

Apr 08, 2006
Arnie, me thinks you drink alotta mocha! Well you try to anyway as you keep spitting it out laughing.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 08, 2006
i do i do

some posts, you just read and then burst out laughing, and yes i do drink a lot of mocha, since Nescafe started putting then in sachets and just pour in hot water and add milk, i haven't drank coffee since

yummy scrummy.

:D :D

oi Chocs wot you doin in on a Saturday night :?
arniegang

Apr 08, 2006
Saturday's are normally my chill night as it's the first day of the week for me.

I sit here yapping away on the forum - obviously.

What you have in mind?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 08, 2006
im grounded, whilst wifey and eld daughter go up to our other house slobbing it in the hot tub

:cry: :cry:
arniegang

Apr 08, 2006
Oh very nice! Good for them - hehehe.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 08, 2006
Bleeding good job K not online, cos i know what she will say.

Get a Sauna

I still havent forgiven K and Mr K

:evil:
arniegang

Apr 08, 2006
arniegang wrote:Bleeding good job K not online, cos i know what she will say.

Get a Sauna

I still havent forgiven K and Mr K

:evil:

You don't need one of those over here...there's a free one outside for 4 months of the year!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 08, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Er...ridicule? Embarassment? Being thought of as a complete jerk?

These things are sensitive for a guy. We see someone we like the 'look' of and would like to know if she is as nice as we would hope in terms of personality, but the initial impetus is almost always going to be physical.

To see a really nice girl on the dance floor is great, however opening that first conversation and keeping it going to find out if she is as 'real' as she looks...is a huge barrier.

There are some guys who have absolutely no feelings and will spend an evening being rejected and really not care. They are shallow and just move on to the next girl and try again. These are the ones you girls have radar to avoid, but unfortunately we all end up branded as one gender, so when a genuine guy walks up...your first, and sometimes second impression, is 'jerk'.

The question of doing this on a dance floor is even more sensitive as looking or appearing to be a jerk is possibly better than trying to dance and actually proving the point!!! So we can't win!

The places where it is quiet enough to actually sit and have a chat and show how nice we are are not the places girls tend to go, unless they are attached and want to spend time chatting with their special other. Catch 22!

Still confused!

Knight

From my side, I have a similar question... OKay, "Ladies 1st". But to take the initiative & to show herself attracted & interested is extremely difficult for a shy girl... & can be even misinterpreted... so how to do that? Look at him twice? Loool
Douce`Amere
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 08, 2006
Douce`Amere wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Er...ridicule? Embarassment? Being thought of as a complete jerk?

Still confused!

Knight

From my side, I have a similar question... OKay, "Ladies 1st". But to take the initiative & to show herself attracted & interested is extremely difficult for a shy girl... & can be even misinterpreted... so how to do that? Look at him twice? Loool

It's funny, but a guy can tell when a girl is interested, far more easily than a girl being able to tell if a guy is nice or just lusting after her. Girls say it with their eyes. A quick glance and look away is a sign that you are not interested, however if a girl looks you in the eye and holds that contact, then it becomes a strong indication that she would like to know more about us.

If a girl makes the first approach, then the guy...if he is a true gentleman of course...would almost always be flattered by the fact and be far more open and honest more quickly. You would very quickly be able to decide if he was a genuine person or not. If you find out that he is not, then crashing and burning is probably what he deserves.

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance