Apr 09, 2006
arniegang wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:
irish vanessa wrote:Definitely!!!!

Thats the best move you could do....

I would laugh hysterically and fall in love with you at first sight :lol: :lol:

I love a guy who can laugh at himself :lol: :lol:

Hopefully someone will pull this move on me tonight!! :wink:

Hey Arnie...it'll be easy to spot Vee down the pub! She'll be the one dripping in the corner!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight

i laffed so much i nearly spat my mocha out, nice one DK

Yea Vee probably in the one in the corner, next to the table with 10 full pints on it

When we all meet up, we will both look at each other and shout "there's Vee"

:lol: :lol:

Ha ha...i cant wait for the day!!

irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 09, 2006
All in all, i get the impression that meeting people is alot more difficult than it was in previous generations...

I dont know why, but me and most of my friends & most of the people i know struggle to find long term relationships...

Not that we should be looking cus thats desperate :wink: :wink:

The irony of partner-finding!
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 09, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:, what is it with guys and a lack of rhythm?

who would blame us if you go to a club and the norm of the day is raising your hands like you're doing a version of "hail hitler" and turning around like a pug chasing its tail...or an native "indian" on the war path...though i've been guilty of jumping up and down on the same path...close yer eyes for long enough...and they all go away... :lol:
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 10, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:All in all, i get the impression that meeting people is alot more difficult than it was in previous generations...

I dont know why, but me and most of my friends & most of the people i know struggle to find long term relationships...

Not that we should be looking cus thats desperate :wink: :wink:

The irony of partner-finding!

Check out my original post in this here very forum! I asked the same question! Its bloody hard!

:( :( :(

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 10, 2006
constantine wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:, what is it with guys and a lack of rhythm?

who would blame us if you go to a club and the norm of the day is raising your hands like you're doing a version of "hail hitler" and turning around like a pug chasing its tail...or an native "indian" on the war path...though i've been guilty of jumping up and down on the same path...close yer eyes for long enough...and they all go away... :lol:

Bring back 'The Pogo' it was the only dance complete idiots could do and still look cool!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 10, 2006
Na mate not the pogo, the best dance to look cool was at a S£x Pistols gig, near the front with head and arms everywhere doin the V, whilst spitting at Sid and Johnny

arniegang

Apr 10, 2006
arniegang wrote:Na mate not the pogo, the best dance to look cool was at a S£x Pistols gig, near the front with head and arms everywhere doin the V, whilst spitting at Sid and Johnny

Oh no...I can see you and I are going to HAVE to get some liquid therapy when you get here!

No spitting mind!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 10, 2006
DK we may well we may have too if EMI or God Save the Queen ( we mean it man) is playing

or Tenpole Tudor - Whooooooo Killed Bambiiiiiiii

although we could get Pretty Vaccant

arniegang

Apr 10, 2006
arniegang wrote:DK we may well we may have too if EMI or God Save the Queen ( we mean it man) is playing

or Tenpole Tudor - Whooooooo Killed Bambiiiiiiii

although we could get Pretty Vaccant

I am the proud posessor of "The best Punk Album in the World...Ever!" on CD...available for loan, hire and barmitzvahs!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jun 08, 2006
I speak from personal experience .... if you're planning to make a move on a woman on the dance floor and she ices you in the first 3 minutes just step away cause she's NOT going to change her mind.

A more definite, less painful approach, would be to make eye contact and smile. And smile again, and again I suppose. IF she smiles back she's interested. Meet up with her at the bar, or on the way to the rest rooms, or any time she's away from the dance floor. Just go up to her and introduce yourself .... and don't be shy! A woman likes a man with b.a.l.l.s!
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 08, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote:
A more definite, less painful approach, would be to make eye contact and smile. And smile again, and again I suppose. IF she smiles back she's interested. Meet up with her at the bar, or on the way to the rest rooms, or any time she's away from the dance floor. Just go up to her and introduce yourself .... and don't be shy! A woman likes a man with b.a.l.l.s!

smile , i wish i culd tell ya how hard it is to smile :cry:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 09, 2006
What can I say HP? You gotta give some to get some!
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 09, 2006
HP is a lost cause. If he tried to smile, his face would crack!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 09, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote:What can I say HP? You gotta give some to get some!

HP will never "get some" ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 09, 2006
Girls: would it work if we danced like this teddy?

I am sure that I and most men could do this...:)
apl
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: On the question of dancing... Jun 09, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:OK, this is really one for he girls:

Was in a well known and very crowded Dubai watering hole and chill out venue by the beach last night. There was a fantastic ambiance about the place and lots of people just kicking back and having a good time.

The guy who was doing the music knows how to get the people up and dancing, playing live guitar and singing to a computerised backing track.

There were a number of delightful young ladies present (I won't hark back to the already discussed difficulties in breaking the ice with groups of girls, however it has highlighted the neccessity of learning a few introductory lines in Polish, Romanian and Uzbeki!) who were having a great time and letting their hair down.

Into this broke a pair of what I shall describe as 'middle aged European gentlemen' who proceeded to attempt to dance with the girls in question. Now I am not having a go at their obvious desire to break the ice, however their attempts at dancing and trying to appear young and trendy were absolutely hilarious to watch! The overall impression was: You sad muppets! It looked positively dangerous to their health as they soon became very flushed in the face and I was debating whether having an abulance on stand-by might be a good idea!

The question: If a guy sees a girl on the dancefloor, wiggling it all around on her own or with another female friend, is it a good idea to try and dance with her to attract her attention and then, hopefully when the music is not so lound, striking up a conversation and taking it from there?

If she speaks English that is!

Knight

my guess is, this is more a question of relationships and of how ppl of different ages relate to each other, than whether young women can or cannot be approached on the dancefloor.
if both the girl and the older man want to just have fun(that is, the man is paying for the illusion of being young, the girl gets a free night) than the scenario is totally irelevant.
romantic relationship is possible between a younger woman and an older man, but in this case neither the woman, nor the man will make the first move on a dancefloor. at least not ppl who belong to the "normal, common" cathegory. excentrics r another story.
either way, women give all the signes when they want a man to join their circle of dancers, regardless of the age of the man or men.
now it might be or sound discriminative, but a guy can brake the ice almost only if he is a good dancer and good looking :)
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 09, 2006
well I would say go for it if there is a larger group of friends..but if its just two girls dancing I would say no...you will make the other friend feel awkward and she will be more hesitant to dance with you because she won't want to leave her friend. Heres an idea, bring a guy with you and both of you go up to them! :wink:
leelola
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: On the question of dancing... Sep 30, 2011
We offer Internatinal style latin Ballroom and standard Ballroom such as Cha Cha Cha, Samba, Rumba, Paso Doble and Jive and Waltz, Tango, Viennese Waltz, Foxtrot in DUbai U.A.E. At Dubai Media city and Arabian Ranches - Dubai Studio City.

http://www.ballroom-dancing-dubai.com
shorn77777
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance