Where Is USA Headed?

Topic locked
Oct 13, 2008
britisharab wrote:Breaking News:

Bush reassured investors that he and himself will solve the financial crisis gripping world economies. He has found the "Smoking Gun". "Mission Accomplished" WoW.

Thats funny...coming from a man who could not find his own arse!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 14, 2008
Perhaps it was found under the fingernails of all those high paid executives while getting their nails manicured for $400,000.00 at the spa outside of LA ? I pondered the question " where is the USA headed" then i reminded myself. I could care less, i'm heading to Dubai LOL
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 20, 2008
puppypup wrote:What are your feelings on the bailout aka rescue plan? :roll:
I'm not very political nor an economist so puppypup is kinda full retard here.

Nevertheless I thought most Americans were against it. Whether it is better or not to have the plan it seems like the government was going to have it's way no matter what the people thought. If the people are wrong but it's what they wanted then it's seems like the fairer solution rather than the government parenting us on what's best even if they are right. This is my gripe and what troubles me. Opinions?

I guess the "parenting" thing is not rolling for the first time... Good point though.
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 30, 2008
Actually I think whoopie goldberg had it right.. take the 85 million and divide it among everyone that is in foreclosure or thereabouts and bail THEM out, not AIG.. it puts the money back in the economy and will actually help relieve the debt and apply the " save your home rebate" on your fed tax return and deduct the amount that you would have gotten back in a tax return due to the child care credit, EIC etc.. rather than taking it away from the actual tax liability. That way, the goverment gets it all back because we know AIG won't pay it back and even if they did, everyone losing their homes would still cost the government more than just the 85m. They would now have to pay for Section 8 housing, increase spending in federal aid etc. Lets not fail to mention that 1 million homes in the US have been given to illegal immigrants who don't even have SS numbers which in turn keeps them from having to pay back the mortgage loans because they don't have credit. Also, without those illegal immigrants who got housing but don't pay taxes, wouldn't get the benefit of receiving any of the 85m.
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 01, 2008
I guess we are headed to a banana republic. Well at least I like bananas.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk