Majority Of Pakistanis Grieve OBL's Death

Topic locked
Majority of Pakistanis grieve OBL's death May 17, 2011
Hardly surprising. Previous polls showed OBL had a 65% approval rating with Pakistanis.

A majority of Pakistanis surveyed in a poll appeared to be aggrieved over the death of Osama bin Laden, with 51 per cent describing their emotions as "grief" though one-third said they were unconcerned by the incident.

The nationwide study was released by Gilani Foundation and carried out by Gallup Pakistan, the Pakistani affiliate of Gallup International. The poll covered 2,530 men and women in the rural and urban areas.

The poll was conducted among 2,530 men and women representatives of the adult population of Pakistan. They were distributed in the rural and urban areas of various provinces and districts and comprised a cross-section of various education, income, age and linguistic backgrounds.

http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-show/s ... 110517.htm

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Majority Of Pakistanis Grieve OBL's Death May 18, 2011
You obviously aren't very good in math.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:You obviously aren't very good in math.

Or even generally putting 2 and 2 together. That Rediff.com is an Indian site! Not the best of places to dig out facts about Pakistan.
zonker
BANNED

Or even generally putting 2 and 2 together. That Rediff.com is an Indian site! Not the best of places to dig out facts about Pakistan.
zonker
BANNED

Thankfully, I don't need to be because there's no math involved.

The facts according to this report, are that a majority of Pakistanis surveyed are in grieving following al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden's death/martyrdom.

We also see previous polls of Pakistanis showing similar support for Osama bin Laden, including one with 65% of Pakistanis expressing admiration for him.
event horizon

Re: Majority Of Pakistanis Grieve OBL's Death May 19, 2011
event horizon wrote:

Thankfully, I don't need to be because there's no math involved.

The facts according to this report, are that a majority of Pakistanis surveyed are in grieving following al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden's death/martyrdom.

We also see previous polls of Pakistanis showing similar support for Osama bin Laden, including one with 65% of Pakistanis expressing admiration for him.

Go to the head of the class EH!!! You just proved yourself to be a first class idiot!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Majority of Pakistanis grieve OBL's death May 19, 2011
I guess you can't point out what mathematical mistake I made.
event horizon

event horizon wrote:I guess you can't point out what mathematical mistake I made.

You stated 65% in your original post, followed by a table showing percentages of a poll. Safe for anyone to assume that they were related. The percentages are: 51, 11, 8, 30. Show me which percentages you used to come up with 65%. Oh, wait, I get it. You took the 65% from a poll that you did not provide any proof of, and linked it to a poll that was done in India - in India??? How many Pakistanis are in India??? :mrgreen:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

have u been to Pakistan EH? I did :)
where the 65% is coming from by the way, is it related to the graph?
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

When polled 90% of DF'ers said Yes, EH was an idiot and a troll. 10% said No he isn't sane.

Hey look I can also make up threads, serious looking fictious charts and all ! :D
desertdudeshj

Bora Bora wrote:
event horizon wrote:I guess you can't point out what mathematical mistake I made.

You stated 65% in your original post, followed by a table showing percentages of a poll. Safe for anyone to assume that they were related. The percentages are: 51, 11, 8, 30. Show me which percentages you used to come up with 65%. Oh, wait, I get it. You took the 65% from a poll that you did not provide any proof of, and linked it to a poll that was done in India - in India??? How many Pakistanis are in India??? :mrgreen:

No, I said in the OP that the results were hardly surprising because a *PREVIOUS* survey showed 65% approval rating for Osama bin Laden.

The only person who is lacking in this thread is you, and that's in reading comprehension.

But thanks for the laugh, only one forumer's reading skills are as bad as yours, and thankfully he doesn't post very often anymore.

-- Thu May 19, 2011 8:54 pm --

Mahmoud04 wrote:have u been to Pakistan EH? I did :)

No, it was a previous survey done in 2005 or so in Pakistan.

I discussed the survey results in this thread (the link no longer works but worked at the time I made the post):

dubai-politics-talk/for-shafique-muslim-support-for-terrorism-t44499.html
event horizon

^^^^2005. :lol: :lol: :lol: Which poll was it? You are running too many polls EH!!!!

We are currently in year 2011!!! Get with the program EH. :lol:

-- Thu May 19, 2011 9:01 pm --

desertdudeshj wrote:When polled 90% of DF'ers said Yes, EH was an idiot and a troll. 10% said No he isn't sane.

Hey look I can also make up threads, serious looking fictious charts and all ! :D

:lol: :lol: That 10% looks a little cheesy DDS. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

No word on your reading comprehension failure.

Here's another poll from 2007. OBL had an approval rating of 46%. A 19 point drop since 2004, but hardly surprising with the terror attacks hitting Pakistan at the time.

http://articles.cnn.com/2007-09-11/poli ... M:POLITICS

Check this thread out while you're at it:

dubai-politics-talk/only-pakistanis-support-killing-apostates-t36860.html
event horizon

Do you have anything for........say...............around 2010???

Talk about reading comprehension!! Or is it smoke and mirrors? Or is it deliberate avoidance??? It's definitely something. :alien:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

So EH is a certifiable Moron. This thread proves it beyond any glimmer of doubt! :P
Let the show go one....... :lol:
zonker
BANNED

Re: Majority Of Pakistanis Grieve OBL's Death May 20, 2011
zonker wrote:So EH is a certifiable Moron. This thread proves it beyond any glimmer of doubt! :P

I like EH! He's one of my favourites :D
Bethsmum

^^Everyone has some favourites...... :D
zonker
BANNED

zonker wrote:^^Everyone has some favourites...... :D

BM loves everybody, well, nearly everybody anyways :D
Bethsmum

zonker wrote:So EH is a certifiable Moron. This thread proves it beyond any glimmer of doubt! :P

Well, it was BB who managed to misread what I wrote in the opening post....and it's you who is incapable of following along in the discussion...so I think the certifiables have revealed themselves in this thread quite well indeed.
event horizon

Re: Majority of Pakistanis grieve OBL's death May 20, 2011
Loons and stats - not a happy couple. :roll:

At least eh is not inventing statistics - just the more usual smoke and mirrors, unattributed quotes/stats that crumble at the mere sight of the question of 'source' or 'context' - i.e. your typical bible camp arguments.
:lol:

[hint eh, everyone is laughing AT you. Even BM hasn't been able to defend you, she just says you're one of her favourites. ... and yes, for once I don't regret unblocking your posts in this thread]

'Classic!'

I'm not surprised that the reputable polls show that the majority of eh's fellow Americans believe in fantastical stories in the Bible are literally true. :shock: No wonder the young lad is on the attack. Understandable, but still very, very funny.

:mrgreen:
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I re-read the thread and I twice said the 65% of Pakistanis who admire OBL was a separate survey before I finally had to explain to BB what I wrote in the OP.

Zonker comes along and the guy still doesn't seem to have comprehended what transpired.

In total, I've cited three or four separate surveys - including ones done by Pew - showing significant support/admiration for Osama bin Laden and no one is interested in addressing any of the actual polls.

Funny that.
event horizon

event horizon wrote:no one is interested in addressing any of the actual polls.

Thats because it is such a toxic culture. Just look at the replies from most, pure venim.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

shafique wrote:I'm not surprised that the reputable polls show that the majority of eh's fellow Americans believe in fantastical stories in the Bible are literally true. :shock: No wonder the young lad is on the attack. Understandable, but still very, very funny.

:mrgreen:

Oh, Shaf............let's flip the coin over. The same could be said about your fellow Muslims who believe in fantasical stories in the Koran are literally true. :) Both books were written by man, delivered through prophets.

Between you and EH its hard to tell which side of the fence, at any given time, you are sitting on: the attack or the defense.

He titles the thread "Majority of Pakistanis grieve OBL's death", posted absolutely nothing to back that up, but proceeded to post polls - outdated ones at that - about OBL's popularity. :roll: :roll:

Right now EH is on the defense. His stupidity put him there. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

He titles the thread "Majority of Pakistanis grieve OBL's death", posted absolutely nothing to back that up

Try reading the survey in the OP again. 51% of Pakistanis surveyed expressed grief over OBL's death.

51% is a majority.

So much for not backing my statement up with facts. I suppose you would think that if you're unable to comprehend what I post.

@ FD. Totally agree. Muslim rage in this thread was directed at the person for exposing Muslim support for OBL, not the Muslims who support OBL.

That should speak volumes.
event horizon

It does.
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

[hint eh, everyone is laughing AT you. Even BM hasn't been able to defend you, she just says you're one of her favourites. ... and yes, for once I don't regret unblocking your posts in this thread]

'Classic!'

Everyone Sir Shaifique? Where's the stats to back that one up?

Yes, I know you can't resist reading my posts, that's because BM is irresistable, 51% of people think so, I read it in the Daily Mail! :D
Bethsmum

event horizon wrote:
He titles the thread "Majority of Pakistanis grieve OBL's death", posted absolutely nothing to back that up

Try reading the survey in the OP again. 51% of Pakistanis surveyed expressed grief over OBL's death.

51% is a majority.

So much for not backing my statement up with facts. I suppose you would think that if you're unable to comprehend what I post.

@ FD. Totally agree. Muslim rage in this thread was directed at the person for exposing Muslim support for OBL, not the Muslims who support OBL.

I stand corrected - you did post stats on your finding of the 51%. See EH, it's not hard to admit when one is wrong. You might want to try it. It can be a form of cleansing to admit when one is wrong. You could use a good cleansing yourself.

Of course you don't show Muslim rage. You just show your hatred along with your followers.

What is with you and Shaf - talking like you both discovered some ground breaking top secret hidden documents on the internet and have now exposed them to the public. Was Shaf's brief absence from the forum due to the fact he was on assignment - some undercover mission?

-- Fri May 20, 2011 10:11 pm --

Bora Bora wrote:
event horizon wrote:

51% is a majority.

I stand corrected - you did post stats on your finding of the 51%. See EH, it's not hard to admit when one is wrong. You might want to try it. It can be a form of cleansing to admit when one is wrong. You could use a good cleansing yourself.

Of course you don't show Muslim rage. You just show your hatred along with your followers.

What is with you and Shaf - talking like you both discovered some ground breaking top secret hidden documents on the internet and have now exposed them to the public. Was Shaf's brief absence from the forum due to the fact he was on assignment - some undercover mission?

And the survey says...................

And the survey says..........jpg
And the survey says..........jpg (22.18 KiB) Viewed 1350 times
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Majority of Pakistanis grieve OBL's death May 23, 2011
event horizon wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

No, I said in the OP that the results were hardly surprising because a *PREVIOUS* survey showed 65% approval rating for Osama bin Laden.

The only person who is lacking in this thread is you, and that's in reading comprehension.

But thanks for the laugh, only one forumer's reading skills are as bad as yours, and thankfully he doesn't post very often anymore.

-- Thu May 19, 2011 8:54 pm --

Mahmoud04 wrote:have u been to Pakistan EH? I did :)

No, it was a previous survey done in 2005 or so in Pakistan.

I discussed the survey results in this thread (the link no longer works but worked at the time I made the post):

dubai-politics-talk/for-shafique-muslim-support-for-terrorism-t44499.html

No EH, you are the one with the communication skills problems. If you want to claim a figure of 65%, you should show the link or graph for where the figure comes from. What you did was post one pie chart with stats that showed 51% of Pakistanis were sad about OBL's death. Learn to communicate clearly and support your stats with a reference.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Majority Of Pakistanis Grieve OBL's Death May 23, 2011
^^I like Kanelli! :D
zonker
BANNED

Re: Majority Of Pakistanis Grieve OBL's Death May 23, 2011
zonker wrote:^^I like Kanelli! :D

Don't be silly Zonker.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules