OBL's Son Wants Answers!!!!

Topic locked
OBL's son wants answers!!!! May 15, 2011
Excerpts from article:

The bin Laden family issued a statement last week that branded the killing “criminal” and said his burial at sea had humiliated and demeaned his relatives.

“We hold the American President Obama legally responsible to clarify the fate of our father, Osama bin Laden, for it is unacceptable, humanely and religiously, [i]to dispose of a person with such importance and status among his people[/i], by throwing his body into the sea in that way,” the statement said.

“Our sadness at this situation does not negate our sorrow for all the victims of 9/11, or of the London bombings, or of any violent act against any civilian anywhere in the world,” he said.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/-i-need- ... 00022.html

Does he think that Daddy deserved some special consideration because of his importance and status among is people (terrorists????). It appears that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. (Wonder why he has been living outside Saudi Arabia - in the Gulf (Dubai/Abu Dhabi???)

The killing was "criminal"??? Errrrr, a criminal was killed!!!! Yet, he acknowledges 9/11, London bombings, etc.

Once again the question: How acceptable and humane was it for people to die the way they did at the hand of terrorists controlled by OBL??

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: OBL's son wants answers!!!! May 15, 2011
Bora Bora wrote:The killing was "criminal"???

Yes, the killing of OBL violated international law.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: OBL's son wants answers!!!! May 16, 2011
Flying Dutchman wrote:

I am sure that you could put together a self-defence argument in court FD, which would make it legal.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

benwj wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

I am sure that you could put together a self-defence argument in court FD, which would make it legal.

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. International law is not blind. What about killing Hamas terrorists? Would that also be self defense?

It will never go to court. US will invade The Hague if any US personnel is before the international court:

The American Service-Members' Protection Act (ASPA) is a United States federal law introduced by US Senator Jesse Helms as an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act and passed in August 2002 by Congress. The stated purpose of the amendment was "to protect United States military personnel and other elected and appointed officials of the United States government against criminal prosecution by an international criminal court to which the United States is not party".

It authorizes the President to use “all means necessary and appropriate to bring about the release of any US or allied personnel being detained or imprisoned by, on behalf of, or at the request of the International Criminal Court”. This has led to the nickname The Hague Invasion Act,[1][2] since such freeing of US citizens by force might only be possible through an invasion of The Hague, Netherlands, the seat of several international criminal courts and the seat of the Dutch government.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Service-Members'_Protection_Act
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Omar bin Ladin also admitted in his book that his father cheated when playing football. :shock:
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Flying Dutchman wrote:

Side effects of THC???? :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

Side effects of THC???? :lol:

You think executing somebody without a trial in a foreign land is within international law? Interesting!
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: OBL's Son Wants Answers!!!! May 16, 2011
Reports indicate that he resisted being take alive, which saves any country the wasted expense of having to go through the formality of a trial, where the outcome would have been predetermined. If he had been taken alive, where should he have been tried??? Would they be able to find an impartial jury??? (unless it was in Pakistan.

I guess you can't understand how certain countries who were affected by this individual feel since you are tucked away in a neutral zone.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:I guess you can't understand how certain countries who were affected by this individual feel since you are tucked away in a neutral zone.

I more than fully understand. I am not talking about the morality of killing a terrorist leader responsible for many death, but about international law.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Well I guess you missed the questions I posed to you. So I'll repeat:

If he had been taken alive, where should he have been tried??? Would they be able to find an impartial jury??? (unless it was in Pakistan). And let me add: What charges would be brought against him?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Like all the rest of the "illegal combatants", packed off and sent to gitmo to stand in front of a military tribunal.

Or other places, where do you think Ramzi Yousuf or Richard Reid were tried and convicted ? Many many possibilities, if one wanted to that is.
desertdudeshj

Bora Bora wrote:If he had been taken alive, where should he have been tried???

International Court of Justice.

Bora Bora wrote:Would they be able to find an impartial jury???

ICJ does not work with a jury AFAIK.

Bora Bora wrote:What charges would be brought against him?

Crimes against humanity.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:I guess you can't understand how certain countries who were affected by this individual feel since you are tucked away in a neutral zone.

I more than fully understand. I am not talking about the morality of killing a terrorist leader responsible for many death, but about international law.

Technically, you are correct. US Constitution doesn't allow it either. But hey, who still cares about a rag paper representing absolute Liberty these days... :?

-- 16 May 2011, 21:02 --

Bora Bora wrote:Well I guess you missed the questions I posed to you. So I'll repeat:

If he had been taken alive, where should he have been tried??? Would they be able to find an impartial jury??? (unless it was in Pakistan). And let me add: What charges would be brought against him?

New York Civil Court. Charges: Plotting and executing the mass murder of 3000 innocent civilians. That'll be a life sentence, no doubt. Justice served.

Military tribunal doesn't do justice. It ain't transparant and it aint a fair trial either. And yes, EVERYBODY has the right for a fair trial. Thats what the United States was all about back in the days when they didn't have the 'Patriot' Act, which isn't patriotic at all. It's the most liberty robbing piece of legislation ever introduced. Just go to pass an airport in the US these days. Even a 6 year old gets a pat down. Everybody is suspect.

Habeas Corpus down the drain, baby! Madame Liberty left the building in 2001.
RobbyG

Re: OBL's Son Wants Answers!!!! May 17, 2011
So in a way, the terrorists won or just introduced the notion and it turned into a self defeating, self fulling prophecy.
desertdudeshj

RobbyG wrote:Technically, you are correct. US Constitution doesn't allow it either. But hey, who still cares about a rag paper representing absolute Liberty these days... :?

US raised the standards again.

New York Civil Court. Charges: Plotting and executing the mass murder of 3000 innocent civilians. That'll be a life sentence, no doubt. Justice served.

Rob I guess you cannot concede that option but the capital punishment exists in the US and even applicable in some states. No doubt that this sentence would be designated to OBL.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

I agree. Death punishment would apply in OBL's case. Not that I am in favor of the death penalty. I'm not. I would opt for life sentence. In America's prison system, that means something... #survival
RobbyG

Re: OBL's Son Wants Answers!!!! May 23, 2011
Yes, killing OBL did break international law. I still think that his family looks stupid to whine about how OBL was treated. Their father participated in murdering thousands of others who had families who mourn the way in which they died and their dead bodies were disposed of. Why should they expect their father to be respected and his body buried nicely when he did not afford others the same courtesy?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

He's the son that was refused residency in the UK because he would not renounce his father and there were videos of him basically supporting his father. I guess marrying a British woman (the only one he could find that would marry him?) 30 years older than him didn't work out as he planned. Then he went on to Spain asking for asylum and was rejected. He claimed that he wanted to be an ambassador for peace and would do things differently from his father. :shock:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:He's the son that was refused residency in the UK because he would not renounce his father and there were videos of him basically supporting his father. I guess marrying a British woman (the only one he could find that would marry him?) 30 years older than him didn't work out as he planned. Then he went on to Spain asking for asylum and was rejected. He claimed that he wanted to be an ambassador for peace and would do things differently from his father. :shock:

Seriously? What world is this guy living in? I don't think many are mourning the death of OBL.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Well sonny and papa have something in common - no country will give sonny asylum/residency and no country would accept OBL to be buried in it. :lol: But it appears that sonny does reside in the "Gulf", as in Dubai or Abu Dhabi??? It seems that Dubai/AD is the choice of those fleeing from their country or have been exiled. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk