Iran's Support For Syria.

Topic locked
Iran's support for Syria. May 30, 2012
With the massive number of deaths in Syria, Iran is making the claim that massacres would have been on much larger scales if it were not for the presence of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards. Iran has stated that it is supporting Assad and against the rebels fighting. How is this possible with the recent massacre of over 100 people - mostly women and children who were executed? Who is doing this? Reports state that many of the women and children were executed, and about 20 died as a result of military attacks. How can anyone look into the eyes of a child, a child's soul, and kill them in cold blood???

It seems that after Assad meets with someone (UN, heads of other countries, Annan) to discuss the uprising, a massacre follows. Has Assad become Iran's puppet?

Ismail Gha'ani, the deputy head of Iran's Quds force, the arm of the Revolutionary Guards tasked with overseas operations, said in an interview with the semi-official Isna news agency: "If the Islamic republic was not present in Syria, the massacre of people would have happened on a much larger scale."

Isna published the interview at the weekend but subsequently removed it from its website.

It quoted Gha'ani as saying: "Before our presence in Syria, too many people were killed by the opposition but with the physical and non-physical presence of the Islamic republic, big massacres in Syria were prevented."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/ma ... ran-forces

European countries, as well as the US, are expelling Syrian diplomats. China and Russia still stand firm on supporting Iran. Although it is reported that Russia is slightly stepping back and is claiming that the problems arise from both sides - pro and anti Syria regime. Russia is more concerned about the money generated through the sales of arms than the lives of innocent people. Syria is also the port for Russia and China to park their ships. Then again, Russia and China doesn't put any value of human life or human rights.

How long will this continue? How many hundreds of innocent men, women and children will have to die?

I hope Assad ends up the same way as Ghadafi.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Iran's support for Syria. May 30, 2012
Its very interesting reading all the reports around this latest piece of news.. the story was posted then retracted.

There's also the misinformation by an 'activist' who posted a photo taken in Iraq and passed that off as a photo from Syria..
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... sacre.html

That said, I'm inclined to believe that Iran is in Syria as reported and agree with your sentiments Bora.. Assad and his regime have a lot of blood on their hands. His father was no less ruthless.

My hopes are for the Syrian people and I just hope they aren't used as pawns in a bigger struggle.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Iran's Support For Syria. May 31, 2012
iran supported every revolution that occured in the arab world, except for one.

i trust an intellingent person would know which and why
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

i pity the children and the families massacred, this bloodshed must end now.
zebastian
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

general_A wrote:iran supported every revolution that occured in the arab world, except for one.

Don't you think it's overboard considering it is the 21st Century?? That in the here and now the slaughter of women and children is quite barbaric??
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I think this is more complicated than it seems.

Why would Assad or his Generals order something that horrible, that would upset all the international community?
Till now Syria was supported by Russia and China. After this massacre the situation may change.

I don't think people that stupid become generals and presidents. This massacre is most probably a set-up.

The question is by whom?
DFT
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Iran has no friends, they;re latch on to anyone , sure they're going to support and occupy hellfire eternally with the syrians
zubbber
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk