Hitler And Churchill Then; Red Chief And SpeedHump Now!

Topic locked
Jun 05, 2009
Speedhump wrote:....much of the story of how close Moscow came to falling—a defeat that would likely have transformed the course of the war—has been obscured by decades of deliberately distorted history. Now it's a story that can be told.

Russia got lucky, because the Nazi army was divided between several fronts. I told you twice already.

By the way if some people had thought about a defeat of Russia after seizure of Moscow they would have been strongly disappointed.

We evacuated all our military plants to Ural Mountains, Volga River and Central Asia (a few thousands kilometers away from Moscow). Russian government was ready to evacuate from Moscow, but Muscovites weren’t.

As you know once upon a time one Corsican had captured Moscow but he came to a bad end. :)

Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 05, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Speedhump wrote:http://russianfatcat.blogspot.com/2007/09/stalins-tipping-point.html

Any honest account of the battle for Moscow would undermine the Soviet story line of "The Great Patriotic War." Those sanitized versions, now reinforced in the era of President Vladimir Putin, portray Joseph Stalin as a military genius and his people as heroically united against the German invader. (It's no coincidence that Stalin's reputation plummets when there's a period of liberalization in Russia and rises when there's a new clampdown.) But it was Stalin's blunders, incompetence and brutality that made it possible for German troops to approach the outskirts of Moscow—and to kill or capture so many Soviet troops along the way.

Stalin was ultimately saved by Hitler’s even bigger blunders. The German dictator sent his armies into Russia in late June 1941 without winter clothing: the Führer was convinced they would triumph before the weather turned. By mid-July, the Germans had advanced to the Smolensk region, and Hitler’s generals, like the panzer commander Heinz Guderian, wanted to keep driving due east to Moscow, only about 230 miles away. But Hitler ordered them to turn south and take the Ukraine first. They did, losing precious time in the process.

Stalin's mistakes were never mentioned in the official histories. Nor do those accounts admit that if it weren't for Hitler's even greater mistakes, Stalin wouldn't have been able to save his capital—and, quite possibly, might never have prevailed in the larger struggle.

Hitler made a lot of mistakes but you didn’t indicate the main one. I will quote from another English book:

In 1941 Germany and Japan made two mistakes, which undoubtedly cost them the war. Germany attacked the Soviet Union, and Japan attacked the United States, both quite unexpectedly. Whatever the advantage of surprise attack, the Axis of Germany, Italy and Japan had now forced onto battlefield of the two most powerful nations in the world.
Britain could not possibly defeated Germany without the help of stronger allies, the Soviet Union and the United States.

Yes, I already told you myself that one country alone did not and could not defeat the Third Reich.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2009
Why do stereotypes exist?

It’s because one Londoner waste his holyday in speaking with that bad Russian about dead bodies instead of going to the beach and flirt with some good-looking tall Asian girl.

Speedy, have a break. Have a nice weekend! :)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 05, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Why do stereotypes exist?

It’s because one Londoner waste his holyday in speaking with that bad Russian about dead bodies instead of going to the beach and flirt with some good-looking tall Asian girl.

Speedy, have a break. Have a nice weekend! :)

I certainly can multitask... :P

Enjoy your weekend too.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2009
Yes, I already told you myself that one country alone did not and could not defeat the Third Reich.

Here we go again. My citation didn’t confirm any word of your statement. Of cause Russia was able to win with or without you as soon as it had twice superiority in troops and 4:1 in tanks and guns by October 1943. Even if Hitler hadn’t attracted 10% of all his military force to the West in face of very virtual thread it wouldn’t have significantly changed the result of the war.

As for casualties we lost more than 4 millions in the first half a year of the war. After 1943 our military casualties were less than German ones, but Germans were not able to replace neither human nor weapon losses.
Actually the war was lost at the beginning of 1942 by Hitler. Even Stalingrand, in spite of all that noise around, didn’t really have big strategic value. It was only a bait for further encircling enormous quantity of German troops.

It looked like Hitler didn’t know what to do when the Blitzkrieg got bogged down.

Why did he attack Russia I can’t understand? Of cause he underestimated Russia, as another Western powers did with that “one rifle for 3 men”.
Probably he underestimate Joseph Stalin, as you, Speedy, do now. Mr. Joe was definitely not a talented general. It wasn’t his duty. Under his management mostly agricultural country had transformed to industrial one and well prepared to the war for 10 years.
By the way Marshal Zhukov, real military genius, was much more popular than Stalin among Soviet people in the end of the war.

Despite you his biggest enemy Sir Churchill estimated Stalin very high
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 06, 2009
Are you two at war?? ON and ON and ON. Enuf already.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 06, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Are you two at war?? ON and ON and ON. Enuf already.

Boring Bora is trying to attract some attention to own person.
Well. Find a small wheel on the top of your mouse. Scroll it down please and don’t interfere in a serious conversation you don’t have any knowledge about.

Rush to the kitchen – something is getting burnt there.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 06, 2009
There you go, as usual, with your personal attacks.

Nothing I know about? You are just trying do a one-up as usual. I guess you can't read this as you are in the kitchen where your brew of wood alcohol was burning. Or is the cabbage stew that you are going to live off for the week? Ignorant Red Commie. :jerk:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 06, 2009
It shows to be a battle of the oldies on WWII knowledge.

I'm enjoying the viewpoints. Continue men.

One, two march :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 06, 2009
Bora, to be frank I don't understand your attack on me. This tread is about specific arogant English view on WWII. I inserted a collage from a folder of a documantary, I had just bougt. Somebody, who are not familiar with the war, could understand that Churchill won both Germans and Russians.

By the way there are no faces neithe Rusvelt nor Eisenhauer on this collage.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 06, 2009
Red Chief wrote:

Well. Find a small wheel on the top of your mouse. Scroll it down please and don’t interfere in a serious conversation you don’t have any knowledge about.

RC: As you can see my initial comment was very general. Then you come back with your comment which was directed to me. Can you figure out why I REACTED? Oh, wait, my mistake - that's you demonstrating your sense of humor (or lack thereof).
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 06, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Bora, to be frank I don't understand your attack on me. This tread is about specific arogant English view on WWII. I inserted a collage from a folder of a documantary, I had just bougt. Somebody, who are not familiar with the war, could understand that Churchill won both Germans and Russians.

By the way there are no faces neithe Rusvelt nor Eisenhauer on this collage.

Your view is always one-sided, it is not just UK historians who are angry that Putin is trying to get Russia to believe that they won the war singlehanded. It belittles the parts all other countries played, which is shameful and insulting, and it is purely for political ends. Every damn war film the US make shows them winning the war singlehanded too.

You deny that every country likes to read about or watch their own part in the war, yet crow because your smallbrained but arrogant (for sure) Putin is now doing the same, and you bring up a picture of some cheap DVD (that you don't even name and that is probably little use historically) as though it is significant and proves something.

By the way, you didn't even mention the point that Stalin is portrayed alongside Hitler with a snarling face, insinuating that he was an enemy, whereas during the war he was an uneasy ally (which broke up as soon as the war finished, for good reason). So the DVD you found somewhere and keep banging on about is of no use at all in a sensible discussion. Shame on you!

Without the massive input of US transport (brought by UK naval convoys) your troops would have been fighting against an enemy who was able to mobilise every part of their army (including supply chain logistics) more quickly. In such circumstances weight of numbers can mean very little, especially in deep winter, which you would know if you ever really had examined military tactics. So the fact that you had more men/weapons probably would have counted for nothing as they would be without ammunition, food, everything, due to the Russian army being wholly supplied by horse and cart! :)

And you know very well how impotant morale is to troops, if both Stalingrad and Moscow had fallen ussian soldiers would have been totaly demoralised, their fighting spirit would have been crushed. Do you know how demoralised troops fight? Don't you know how to incude these factors in your thinking?
Read some accounts from real soldiers about these things and how they work.

Come on, try to look at a bigger picture than you see so far. All you are doing so far is counting heads and saying that everyone else is arrogant apart from Russia, it's childish.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Red Chief wrote:

RC: As you can see my initial comment was very general. Then you come back with your comment which was directed to me. Can you figure out why I REACTED? Oh, wait, my mistake - that's you demonstrating your sense of humor (or lack thereof).

Red Chief, this is quite correct. Bora made a general comment about our discussion which I thought did not warrant anyone making personal comments. It was easily ignorable (I managed to do it).

But if you want to fight on two fronts then go ahead :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2009
RobbyG wrote:It shows to be a battle of the oldies on WWII knowledge.

You'll be the first to get a stick grenage up the jacksie when the Red Army roll over Europe as they seem to think they can do in the future...then don't come crawling to me, UK doesn't have tuppence to rub together nowadays, but we are an island of savages, as everyone knows, so Ivan better have his flak jacket on..... :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2009
Dubai Knight...was it you changed the thread title???

I don't think the Chief will like being Der Fuehrer....

:D :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2009
Speedhump wrote:

You'll be the first to get a stick grenage up the jacksie when the Red Army roll over Europe as they seem to think they can do in the future...then don't come crawling to me, UK doesn't have tuppence to rub together nowadays, but we are an island of savages, as everyone knows, so Ivan better have his flak jacket on..... :D

:lol: :D :lol: Wonderful.

I'm looking forward to 'something' up my jacksie :wink:

Never gonna make it to Europe. The Red Army has a birth issue, they will not starve with all the agricultural, but a few properly placed bombs and there is not a soul left to support Mother Russia anylonger :D
RobbyG

Jun 06, 2009
Speedhump wrote:

Why wait? I'll hold him down and you.....well you know... the stick grenade.......
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 06, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

Never gonna make it to Europe. The Red Army has a birth issue, they will not starve with all the agricultural, but a few properly placed bombs and there is not a soul left to support Mother Russia anylonger :D

What??? :O

For some reason I thought you were the ultimate homophobe and/or uncomfortable with homosexual style comments, did I get you all wrong?

By the way, you weren't with David Carradine when he croaked on Wednesday were you? :twisted: :lol: :shock:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2009

It's that half-educated student. I am not quite sure that he knows who Stalin was. I guess he has a mental disease.
Which normal guy could change any American University to a local one?
Speedy, why do you add Mr. Putin in that thread? He is a few years older than me. Moreover the most time of his presidency I worked abroad. How could he influence on me?

I noticed that when you didn’t have facts you start groundless allusions. Grow up!
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 06, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

What??? :O

For some reason I thought you were the ultimate homophobe and/or uncomfortable with homosexual style comments, did I get you all wrong?

By the way, you weren't with David Carradine when he croaked on Wednesday were you? :twisted: :lol: :shock:

I'm have homophobe tendencies fo' sho' !!
But today, I'm feeling randy :lol:

Something must be wrong with me :D
RobbyG

Jun 06, 2009
Red Chief wrote:

It's that half-educated student. I am not quite sure that he knows who Stalin was. I guess he has a mental disease.
Speedy, why do you add Mr. Putin in that thread? He is a few years older than me. Moreover the most time of his presidency I worked abroad. How could he influence on me?

I noticed that when you didn’t have facts you start groundless allusions. Grow up!

You read home newpapers didn't you, or did you suddenly ignore your home politics because you were on foreign soil? Putin is a flag waver, a propagandist, an aggressor, not a diplomat. f I know it then you know it. He just reminds me of someone here....

Ir's you that needs to grow up my friend, you constantly bring the British Empire into any thread when you have no sensible comment to make. And if anyone else mentions it you jump naked into the bathwater without even testing the temperature. It is crystal clear that you are embarrassed that your huge country has so far never managed to do anything than trample a few small poor Eastern European countries when you and the whole world knows that Russia has always wanted some bigger part of the world but never had the ability to take it. Now it's too late as there is no current age of empire building..
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2009
Speedhump wrote:You read home newpapers didn't you, or did you suddenly ignore your home politics because you were on foreign soil? Putin is a flag waver, a propagandist, an aggressor, not a diplomat. f I know it then you know it. He just reminds me of someone here....

I haven't read any Russian newspaper for at least 15 years. I watches only some Russian movies by Russian TV. I rarely live in Russia and don't support him in many questions. All I wrote here I knew 10 years before President Putin.
We were talking about WWII in this thread, right? Why do you always jump, as a prostitute, when you have no sensible arguments or proven facts on the theme of appropriate thread?
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 06, 2009
RobbyG wrote:But today, I'm feeling randy :lol:

All I'll say is 'make sure you point that damn thing somewhere else....' :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:But today, I'm feeling randy :lol:

All I'll say is 'make sure you point that damn thing somewhere else....' :D

Don't worry, if you think hard enough, you know I'm talking about that cone I'm trying to dump... :D

Boy its a sturdy bastard today. I named him Randy for it. ;)
Pass me the paper...I ran out a minute ago :lol:
RobbyG

Jun 07, 2009
:D Gross but effective... ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Dubai Knight...was it you changed the thread title???

:D :D

No, It waz moi... U like the new title?The comparison with Hitler was deliberate...Godwin's Law!
Certainly got the desired response from Red Chief. :lol:

Red Chief wrote:It's that half-educated student. I am not quite sure that he knows who Stalin was. I guess he has a mental disease.

:lol:
Incoherence at it's very best!
Atleast now we know what your stand on Georgia is.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
Haha, Godwin's Law, I had to look it up. Great stuff :D

Dont you know, every good Russian wants to stand on Georgia ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Haha, Godwin's Law, I had to look it up. Great stuff :D

Dont you know, every good Russian wants to stand on Georgia ;)

I guess Alaska is a bigger issue in Russia now, but I would prefer warm Atalanta to freezing Anchorage though.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 08, 2009
Yes I see Alaska coming on the radar slowly. Any views?

Also as a side comment, I think it's well in range of N.Korea potential atomic warheads now.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk