OIC Chief: West Hatching Plots To Spread Islamophobia!

Topic locked
OIC chief: West hatching plots to spread Islamophobia! Nov 30, 2010
Muslim moderate and Secretary-General of the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC), Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, is in Iran to warn us all of Western governments concocting terror plots which they then blame on Muslims to create Islamophobia in the West. It also is meant to stem conversions to Islam. Because birthrates and immigration aren't the primary factors attributed to the growing Muslim population in the West.

Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu said that the West has hatched plots to spread Islamophobia in a bid to block growing conversion to Islam, and demanded the Muslim nations to take collective action to defuse these plots.

Speaking in a meeting with Iran's Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki here in Tehran on Monday, Ihsanoglu cautioned that spreading "Islamophobia, insulting Islamic values and sparking and spreading hatred for Islam are high on the agenda of the West, and urged the entire Muslim states to take established, and institutionalized collective measures" to confront the western plots in this regard.

He further elaborated on the OIC's activities and plans to counter Islamophobia, insult to Islamic values and resolve Muslim issues such as Palestine, and called Iran's supports and activities in these grounds as "highly crucial".

Iran is 'highly crucial' in countering Islamophobia and protecting Muslims from insults, sez Muslim moderate and OIC general secretary, Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu. In fact, Iran is doing their part in combating insults to Islam right now by planning to hang a convert to Christianity from Islam for apostasy.

BTW, the OIC's agenda to criminalize speech or actions Muslims find offensive on a world stage is successfully going through the UN.

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=8909081814

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: OIC Chief: West Hatching Plots To Spread Islamophobia! Nov 30, 2010
haha about time OIC did this, lets get a widely accepted term like ANTISEMITISM be accepted into people's dictionary , Its unfortunate OIC is very bullish in taking effective action. :mrgreen:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: OIC chief: West hatching plots to spread Islamophobia! Nov 30, 2010
In Austria a house wife is on trial for critizising the Quran and sharia. Yes, she is on trail for critizising a religion. Seems prosecuting people critizising Islam is gaining real momemtem in Europe. Is this what they perhaps mean with the West hatching plots to spread Islamophobia? Europe already surpassed the demands of the OIC.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: OIC Chief: West Hatching Plots To Spread Islamophobia! Nov 30, 2010
Well , it was not long ago that an american president could be impeached for mild hinting at anything antisemetic , members of congress, corporations tremble at saying anything against the jews. But to say anything against any other faith whatever it might be was acceptable. I am uncertain of other isolated incidents such as the plight of the austrian woman, It comes under focus now only because islam is under the media spotlight. Before any law comes into being I think there is uncertainty phase which it has to undergo where many injustices are done , then when everyone has learnt their mistakes, it is applied properly (somewhat) , This is a human phenomenon.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: OIC chief: West hatching plots to spread Islamophobia! Dec 02, 2010
Well , it was not long ago that an american president could be impeached for mild hinting at anything antisemetic

Which President was that?

members of congress, corporations tremble at saying anything against the jews.

We call them 'untouchables' on this forum.

But to say anything against any other faith whatever it might be was acceptable.

False analogies can be fun, you're conflating faith with adherents of a particular faith.

Are you saying that a person would face criminal prosecution if they mocked the patriarchs of the Bible?

I don't think you'll ever find anyone fined or put on trial for denigrating Moses in a Western nation, do you ?
event horizon

Which President was that?

That was an example, if american presidents would say anything antisemitic , the anti defamation league will be all over them, and not in a good way.

False analogies can be fun, you're conflating faith with adherents of a particular faith.

What "im saying" , is referring to all the anti muslim sentiments currently in the world, whenever it happens , governments are tight lipped and do nothing, and when you attack the jews, they all throw a hissy fit.

I don't think you'll ever find anyone fined or put on trial for denigrating Moses in a Western nation, do you ?

But I DO find, hypersensitivity to anything related with israel or the jews, all over the west.

The main point I extracted from your post was that I was happy that the OIC is trying to get people to stop attacking a particular faith.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

That was an example, if american presidents would say anything antisemitic

But you don't have an example....

the anti defamation league will be all over them, and not in a good way.

Is that any different from Muslim groups like CAIR who silence debate on Islam, let alone smear anyone they perceive of making an 'Islamophobic' comment, or the OIC who are openly pushing through legislation they say will be used to curb speech pertaining to Islam that Muslims find offensive?

What "im saying" , is referring to all the anti muslim sentiments currently in the world

I agree you believe there are 'anti-Muslim' sentiments in the world.

whenever it happens , governments are tight lipped and do nothing, and when you attack the jews, they all throw a hissy fit.

But we both agree that Western governments won't prosecute anyone for denigrating Jewish prophets, right?

The same doesn't appear to be true about Islam, where 'offensive' statements about Allah or Muhammad are prosecutable in the UK. Europe has managed to revert back a few centuries, all because of pressure from Muslims who believe speech they do not like should no longer be free and openly expressed.

I can only imagine that the fathers of the Enlightenment are spinning in their graves right now.

But I DO find, hypersensitivity to anything related with israel or the jews, all over the west.

Probably that Holocaust thingy, where, as a result, Westerners felt one needed to be a little more cautious regarding Jews because they were historically killed a little more often.
event horizon

zubber wrote:

Well, there's probably some justification for this.

Historically, the 'West' has slaughtered Jews - be it in the 20th century or further back in the countless pogroms and massacres (with the vast majority being slaughtered by those who thought they were doing God's will :shock: because the Jews were responsible for killing God). The numbers of those killed by Christians dwarfs the limited number of attacks against Jews in the Islamic empire - and indeed, the oft quoted fact that Jews were much better off under Muslim rule than under medieval Christian rule doesn't need repeating.

Even today, the FBI reports that in the US many more Americans physically attack Jews and Jewish places than attack Muslims. The historical record also shows that Jewish terror attacks outnumber Muslim terror attacks in the US - but both are swamped by terror attacks by non-Jewish and non-Muslims.

But, these facts also perhaps explain why the 'West' should be more wary about Islamophobia - they obviously have form when it comes to hating people who are different, and should therefore indeed be as hyper sensitive to Islamophobic rants and conspiracy theories.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk