Google Earth Asking: Is It 'Arabian' OR 'Persian' Gulf? Vote

Topic locked
Google Earth asking: is it 'Arabian' OR 'Persian' Gulf? vote Sep 21, 2010
This is an urgent call to all people interested in keeping the current 'Arabian Gulf' name.
Please go to the following link and vote for the 'Arabian' Gulf. You will see yourself the hatred and racism of ''some Iranians/Persians'' towards Arabs, Islam, and the prophet Mohammed (Allah's prayers uppon him).
Link: http://www.persianorarabiangulf.com/index.php

Be aware the vote will be ending soon. Currently it is in favour of 'Persian Gulf (71%) versus 29% for 'Arabian Gulf '
This result tells alot about how they care about their ethnicity, nationality, history, and their values. I do respect them for their attitudes towards their nation, but, I'm deeply offended by the language used by many of them. I'm sure many of you will feel the same.
Its our opportunity to show that we care about our values, religion, ethnicity, unified destiny, and our common history too. Guys, remember Arabs population nearly six folds population of Iran. So, I don't really understand why we are so reluctant.

Lastly, please pass this call and the link to all your contacts / friends and encourage them to vote.

DoctorOfAddiction
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Google Earth Asking: Is It 'Arabian' OR 'Persian' Gulf? Sep 21, 2010
:shock: Now you've done it, now your going to wish you would have remianed banned ! Mel is not going to be very happy with you mate :drunken:

And on a side note how come your so presumptious that anybody here cares and think its a big issue wheter its Arab or Persian. You make a very poor case and your only argument is "Oooo those Iranians are bad people" Why ? And what makes Arabs so great ?

I personaly would vote for Persian Gulf, taking into account the much more ancient and civilised, eh..civilisation and broad reaching empire of Persia. Just because there are now oil dollars in the gulf countires ( who BTW consider them self khaleeji first, then Arab ) it should be named Arabian gulf. In that case a more fitting name would be The Saudi Gulf.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Google Earth asking: is it 'Arabian' OR 'Persian' Gulf? Sep 21, 2010
Well....I can't agree with you more. Let it be called 'Saudian Gulf'
DoctorOfAddiction
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Hey doctor, if any Iranian wants to defend their heritage, ethnicity and history by keeping the name of body of water, this doesnt make them racist or Arab and Islam haters!
oh btw, Arab does not necessarily mean Islam!

It has been Persian Gulf for centuries and will remain so forever! If some Arabs tried patheticly to change the name fro less than 40 years, it wont change the history! u might wanna look at the results of that stupid poll too!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

DoctorOfAddiction wrote:Well....I can't agree with you more. Let it be called 'Saudian Gulf'

Glad you agree with me :wink:

And Mel is 100% right that Arab does not equal to Muslims or Islam. I don't know where this miscoception arises with in Arabs and that somehow makes them superior to others.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

DoctorOfAddiction wrote:You will see yourself......... of ''some Iranians/Persians'' towards Arabs, Islam, and the prophet Mohammed (Allah's prayers uppon him).

I'm deeply offended by the language used by many of them.

Dear Melika and desertd...

1. You jumped into conclusions without reading my post and the comments made on the link (I provided) properly; I didn't generalise. I referred specifically to some & many
2. Its a common sense Arabs not necessarily same as muslims but the majority are. Many terrible comments made on the link in my original post are specifically naming ''arabs'' and ''islam'', so they weren't a coincidence..they were made on purpose.
3. I have many decent Iranian good friends, and my sister-in-law is Iranian; All of those people feel ashamed of the comments posted on the link previously mentioned.
4. Last but not least the Persian make only 47% of Iran population. The rest are Arabs, Bloush, Kurds, and some other ethnic minorities.

My regards to all.
DoctorOfAddiction
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Thanks Dr for the clarification, but still if some of those comments are offensive, that wont let u to use it to change the historical name of Persian Gulf.
DoctorOfAddiction wrote:
4. Last but not least the Persian make only 47% of Iran population. The rest are Arabs, Bloush, Kurds, and some other ethnic minorities.

yes sooo?? should everyone call it with their ethnical name? Balouch Gulf, Kurdish Gulf, Maybe Azeri or Turkish Gulf?
It s not important which of them has the most population, It is a historical name and you should accpet it.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Google Earth asking: is it 'Arabian' OR 'Persian' Gulf? Sep 22, 2010
Melika....
you too have to accept the fact that the name have never been settled on either Persian or Arabian. Different people call it differently according to the swing of power over different eras of history.
Geographically speaking, the gulf surrounded by Arab populations in most of its boundaries (Arabstan/Ahwaz, Saudia Arabia, Kauwait, UAE, Oman, Qatar, and Bahrain).

Also, the fact that Iran occupied Arabstan/Ahwaz doesn't make it Persian and it will never be. Lessons learnt from history. See old Yougusslavia, Germany, Old Soviet Union, Palestine......etc. We shouldn't legitimise any occupation.
But, If you ask me, I would rather keep current political boundaries to avoid further destabilisation of peace and stop defragmentation of established sovereign countries. The only exception is Palestine which should be recognised again, and UAE islands in the gulf because its fairly fresh problem.

Melika...I want peace with u. Give me a break.
DoctorOfAddiction
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Google Earth asking: is it 'Arabian' OR 'Persian' Gulf? Sep 22, 2010
Iran occupied Ahwaz???? well u seem to be one of those nationalist arabs who has no clue of history! Ahwaz has always been part of Iran, if u think Iran should give up the Ahwaz, maybe u think it should give up the Azerbaijan province to Turkey or Azerbaijan, Maybe the Kurdistan province to Iraq?!

This debate on Persian Gulf has discussed on DF many times, lots of documents, videos and logis has been shared in defence of Persian Gulf, the name "Persian Gulf" has given to it on 5th century B.C., by "Daruis the great", I m wondering where u have been those days?!

:lol: If u want a break, stop offensive posts to Iranian/Persians! then u will have ur rest! :wink:

p.s. I m sure ur sister-in-laws wont be happy with u tryin to change the name of "Persian Gulf"!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Google Earth Asking: Is It 'Arabian' OR 'Persian' Gulf? Sep 22, 2010
I made my point :lol: ....that's why I don't need to explain more. However, having disagreement doesn't mean I cut my friendship and links of communications with others.

I respect other's views in the same way I want others to respect mines.
DoctorOfAddiction
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk