CBS Reporter S*xually Assualted By Crowd Of 200 Egyptians

Topic locked
CBS reporter s*xually assualted by crowd of 200 Egyptians Feb 16, 2011
I've covered stories of s*xual assault in Egypt before.

I am surprised by this story only in that I thought I would have heard about this much sooner, with all those Western female reporters covering what's happening in Egypt.

(CBSNews)

On Friday, Feb. 11, the day Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak stepped down, CBS chief foreign correspondent Lara Logan was covering the jubilation in Tahrir Square for a "60 Minutes" story when she and her team and their security were surrounded by a dangerous element amidst the celebration. It was a mob of more than 200 people whipped into frenzy.

In the crush of the mob, she was separated from her crew. She was surrounded and suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating before being saved by a group of women and an estimated 20 Egyptian soldiers. She reconnected with the CBS team, returned to her hotel and returned to the United States on the first flight the next morning. She is currently in the hospital recovering.

There will be no further comment from CBS News and correspondent Logan and her family respectfully request privacy at this time.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/ ... tag=exclsv

How is one whipped into a s*xual assualt frenzy? How is a mob?

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: CBS Reporter S*xually Assualted By Crowd Of 200 Egyptian Feb 16, 2011
Talk about a serious gang bang 200 ! I think a mention in the Guiness book of records is not out of order
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Talk about a serious gang bang 200 ! I think a mention in the Guiness book of records is not out of order

Don't make light of this DDS. A very frightening experience for any woman. Would you want your wife to suffer this? I don't think so!
Bethsmum

desertdudeshj wrote:Talk about a serious gang bang 200 ! I think a mention in the Guiness book of records is not out of order

When you hit "Submit" did you have any doubts about how inappropriate those comments are?

Close your eyes and imagine if that was your wife, mother, or sister in that reporter's shoes. Are you still laughing? Didn't think so.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

A rose by any other name....A record is a record ;)
desertdudeshj

Re: CBS reporter s*xually assualted by crowd of 200 Egyptian Feb 16, 2011
Thats the reason men want women to wear head covers in certain parts of the world. Us know us.

Mob rape is also imported into Europe:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=63c_1285702480
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

"She reconnected with the CBS team, returned to her hotel and returned to the United States on the first flight the next morning," the network added. "She is currently in the hospital recovering."

A network source told The Post that her attackers were screaming, "Jew! Jew!" during the assault. And the day before, Logan had told Esquire.com that Egyptian soldiers hassling her and her crew had accused them of "being Israeli spies." Logan is not Jewish.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/internatio ... rbD95ybD5N
event horizon

Flying Dutchman wrote:

Read the statement carefully. It says Lara logan was sexually assaulted. That does not mean that she was also raped. There was no mention of rape at all, and eyewitnesses there said that she had not been actually raped by anyone.

Undoubtedly, what they did to her is still absolutely horrific and sickening, and maybe worse than rape in some cases. The perpetrators should definately be hunted and brought to justice!

What an extremely frightening experience for that poor woman. Our thoughts and prayers go to her and her family.

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: CBS reporter s*xually assualted by crowd of 200 Egyptian Feb 17, 2011
Tom Jones wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

Read the statement carefully. It says Lara logan was sexually assaulted. That does not mean that she was also raped. There was no mention of rape at all, and eyewitnesses there said that she had not been actually raped by anyone.

Undoubtedly, what they did to her is still absolutely horrific and sickening, and maybe worse than rape in some cases. The perpetrators should definately be hunted and brought to justice!

What an extremely frightening experience for that poor woman. Our thoughts and prayers go to her and her family.

8) 8)

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2011 ... eporte.php

At the end of the day one has to wonder what on earth was a woman doing there in the first place. Simply stupid. Whoever was responsible for this i.e her editors, CBS etc must all be sued.

As the nazis once said,

Gallantry forbids one to give women an opportunity of putting themselves in situations that do not suit them.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

I don't understand that sentiment. There was no need for women reporters to cover up during the pro-democracy demonstrations in the Ukraine a few years back.

Perhaps she too was a victim to the lies that all people/cultures are just like ours? In that case, only the liberals who fed others this lie should be blamed.

Is it that women need bumble bee suits around men in general or men with major malfunctions (Egyptians, etc)?

She also had body guards accompanying her, btw.

Interestingly, a far Left journalist/professor, Nir Rosen, has lost his job after calling her a warmonger, in some incoherent comment he tweeted.

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign- ... esignation
event horizon

Re: CBS Reporter S*xually Assualted By Crowd Of 200 Egyptian Feb 17, 2011
desertdudeshj wrote:A rose by any other name....A record is a record ;)

WHAT????? You are beyond belief.
Bethsmum

Misery Called Life wrote:At the end of the day one has to wonder what on earth was a woman doing there in the first place. Simply stupid. Whoever was responsible for this i.e her editors, CBS etc must all be sued.

As the nazis once said,

Gallantry forbids one to give women an opportunity of putting themselves in situations that do not suit them.

So all women should expect to be s.exu.ally assaulted by men in a crowd? Thanks for confirming that groups of men are predators and women should be stay far away. MCL, the next time you are in a crowd with other men I guess we could expect you to se.xu.ally assault any women in proximity.

Imagine a group of women jubilantly celebrating and a male journalist was reporting on it, they turn on him and beat him and pin him down and stick their tubes of lipstick up his butt. Should we blame the male for being there? Did he ask for that kind of treatment by doing his job and reporting the news, or does it tell something about that group of women...
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:At the end of the day one has to wonder what on earth was a woman doing there in the first place. Simply stupid. Whoever was responsible for this i.e her editors, CBS etc must all be sued.

As the nazis once said,

So all women should expect to be s.exu.ally assaulted by men in a crowd? Thanks for confirming that groups of men are predators and women should be stay far away. MCL, the next time you are in a crowd with other men I guess we could expect you to se.xu.ally assault any women in proximity.

Imagine a group of women jubilantly celebrating and a male journalist was reporting on it, they turn on him and beat him and pin him down and stick their tubes of lipstick up his butt. Should we blame the male for being there? Did he ask for that kind of treatment by doing his job and reporting the news, or does it tell something about that group of women...

I must say K. you really have a way with words. What a shame you can't use them other than to speak a whole load of rubbish.
Bethsmum

Re: CBS reporter s*xually assualted by crowd of 200 Egyptian Feb 21, 2011
kanelli wrote:So all women should expect to be s.exu.ally assaulted by men in a crowd? Thanks for confirming that groups of men are predators and women should be stay far away. MCL, the next time you are in a crowd with other men I guess we could expect you to se.xu.ally assault any women in proximity.

All said and done a bit of common sense wouldn't hurt.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: CBS reporter s*xually assualted by crowd of 200 Egyptian Feb 21, 2011
CBS international reporter Lara Logan is a well known public figure. And CBS and other media have accepted that she was brutally assaulted. However, Youtube and some Arab Websites are offering some further claimed shocking details not reported by the U.S. media and even some video about the extreme brutality of the attack on CBS reporter Lara Logan . Reportedly, some videos did show a crowd of about 200 or more men surround and separate Lara Logan from her security, and the crowd shouted “Jew, Jew!”, and “American princess!”. Lara Logan is not Jewish or American, she’s a South African native.

Reportedly some of physical and sexual assault activity was caught on camera phones as well. One video purportedly involved some boy fondling the breasts of the reporter. However, another purported video that was described by a controversial YouTube video claims that a bearded man ripped the top off the reporter and began slapping her face and breasts. He then pinned her to the ground, and by this time she stopped resisting, apparently accepting the fact that she was overpowered. The bearded man then removed her pants and masturbated in front of her before raping her. He also reportedly clawed at her breasts with his hands. The YouTube video claims that at least six men raped her vaginally, and a number of men also raped her anally as well. She was reportedly masturbated on and urinated on by some men as well according to the YouTube video claims which was supposed to be pieced together from information and videos posted on Arab Websites and other sources.

http://wizbangpop.com/2011/02/18/the-co ... an-attack/
event horizon

Re: CBS Reporter S*xually Assualted By Crowd Of 200 Egyptian Feb 21, 2011
If there is indeed video footage of this crime (as described) then the 'bearded' rapist and other rapists should be captured and punished.

However, let's wait and see whether this is a real description of the crime or whether this is another Loon blogger fantasy. It would be truly sick if they made up these details to fuel their hatred of Islam and Muslims.

As the blogger is stating this description is based on video footage - we should at least be able to see some still footage (censored where necessary) which corroborates this horrific description.

If it turns out that this is just a fabrication - then the loons should bow their heads in shame and apologise to the reporter.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: CBS reporter s*xually assualted by crowd of 200 Egyptian Feb 22, 2011
I've not seen any reports that say Lara Logan was raped as the loon bloggers report.

Are we to conclude that this is yet another example of loon hype? The lady was assaulted and traumatised - to cynically use the crime to fulfil wild loon fantasies is really despicable.

But perhaps there is some new evidence out there?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

If this is indeed true, then it's disgusting and horrific and those responsible deserve the harshed punishments. I have to agree to the sentiments of others who state a woman should not have been sent in there. People jubilating? Sorry but the people you're dealing with will degenerate into animals at any opportunity.

The only woman I would ever have sent into that sort of situation would be Kate Adie - tough cookie - if there was trouble going down she was always there on the scene.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: CBS Reporter S*xually Assualted By Crowd Of 200 Egyptian Feb 22, 2011
I even find the orginal story hard to swallow, but on the other hand I've heard some really terrible stories from Egyptians themselves or people who have visted their about the level of eve teasing that goes on there.
desertdudeshj

shafique wrote:If there is indeed video footage of this crime (as described) then the 'bearded' rapist and other rapists should be captured and punished.

However, let's wait and see whether this is a real description of the crime or whether this is another Loon blogger fantasy. It would be truly sick if they made up these details to fuel their hatred of Islam and Muslims.

As the blogger is stating this description is based on video footage - we should at least be able to see some still footage (censored where necessary) which corroborates this horrific description.

If it turns out that this is just a fabrication - then the loons should bow their heads in shame and apologise to the reporter.

Cheers,
Shafique

So Shaf what you implying is, it was ok for the "breaded animals" to assault her, if they didnt rape her!?

So assaulting without rape is not giving muslims and Islam bad name?
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

I really don't know why the religion card is being thrown down here - it has zero to do with religion! HUMAN BEINGS should not behave this way - period!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

But ofcourse that would then not serve the phobic agenda and would be nothing but pie in the sky or in this case, face.
desertdudeshj

Chocoholic wrote:I really don't know why the religion card is being thrown down here - it has zero to do with religion! HUMAN BEINGS should not behave this way - period!

You can't separate religion from culture. Each religion brings its own culture with it.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:I really don't know why the religion card is being thrown down here - it has zero to do with religion! HUMAN BEINGS should not behave this way - period!

You can't separate religion from culture. Each religion brings its own culture with it.

Of course you can. Not all Egyptians are muslim and who's to say those involved were muslim? You're clutching at straws.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocs! try to read properly and get over your anger!

I didn't comment on Egyptians, or those who involved in it. I commented on religion and culture. Which are interrelated big time.

And about Egyptians, 90 percent of them are msulims, so there is a big probabilty that the attackers were muslim too.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

I don't think they're always interlinked at all. To a certain extent, but not exclusively to one another no.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Stepping over the htread trasher! @Mel, there's a very easy way to prove this, lost Amazonian tribes have their own culture, do you think they've heard of any of the modern day religions? er nope.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Your analysis is flawed. My point was how religion will affect culture.

But to answer your point, the culture affects religion too. Like circumsicion for females, is not a part of Islam, but it is known as a muslim thing with lots of people because it comes from some muslim countries' culture.
Stonning is the other example of how culture affacts religion. It is not in Quran, but it is in Islamic rules, and it comes from the culture.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Actually using FGM is a bad example as I never associated it with Islam, it's more tribal and therefore a cultural thing.

Trouble is Mel, you're talknig to someone who does not subscribe to nor believe in religion, so the two will always be separate entities to me. Just the way it goes.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

From what I know eveteasing is a problem in the bigger cities in Egypt, ofcourse this is second hand knowledge and could be a flawed statment, but if it is true. It becomes am Egyptian problem not a muslim problem or a cultural problem. Also keep in mind Muslim countries do not share cultures for example the culture of the GCC country is far different from the culture of other middle eastern countries. Like Syria, jordan etc etc. Even within the GCC it varies from slightly to a lot from country to country. Just like Pakistan is nothing like Malaysia. Even varies within a country.

So in conclusion you can't lable it as a Muslim or cultural phenoma.
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk