Dubai Project 'Aladdin City'

Topic locked
Dubai project 'Aladdin City' Apr 10, 2014
Dubai is building an “Aladdin City,” a project inspired by the tales of Aladdin and Sindbad, Dubai Municipality said on Thursday.

The project will have three towers, comprising commercial and hotel space, with the towers spread over a distance of 450 metres on Dubai Creek.

The project is in accordance with the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.

“The project aims to develop towers to be the icons of legends of the past with a touch of beauty and tourism characteristic of the city. It comes in the prime location of Dubai Creek maintaining the activities of the port heritage. The project is located outside the zone waiting to be registered with the World Heritage by Unesco.”

Lootah said that the development of such a project will have a global cultural and historical impact on the area and will be a source of pride for generations to come and will contribute to the progress of the emirate.

In addition, it is expected to boost Dubai economically in its long-term goals by increasing tourism, especially to Dubai in the run-up to Expo 2020.

The project will have air-conditioned bridges with moving floor to connect the towers, driveways and parking lots.

“The idea was basically to avoid the entry from the crowded docks and to enable visitors enjoy walking over the port of conventional ships and watch the traditional harbour.”

The towers will offer views of Creek and the city's old and modern horizons such as Burj Khalifa.

source: http://www.emirates247.com/dubai-embark ... 0-1.545143

Attachments
1985091800.gif
1985091800.gif (177.43 KiB) Viewed 3308 times
3.gif
3.gif (299.49 KiB) Viewed 3308 times
4.gif
4.gif (66.03 KiB) Viewed 3308 times
raintear
Dubai forums Addict

undefined Sep 04, 2015
What a beautiful post on Aladdin City! Just reminded me of an unusual theme park I discovered in Thailand last year. I was on a beautiful island of Phuket but apart from swimming in the Andaman sea, I was really looking for a culture immersion. So I booked a trip to Phuket FantaSea Thai Cultural Theme Park. It was like my introduction to Thai culture in a very entertaining and positive way. The Park is like a Thai style Disneyland. It is built on the legend of Prince of Kamala. You can check it out: http://www.phuket-fantasea.com/eng/index.php
The show was impressive and the elephants in the show – majestic and just adorable. The place is definitely a must see when you're in Phuket.
MarkRussel
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Guide and photosForum Rules

Return to Dubai Guide and photos