Best Place To Go Clubbing In Dubai

Topic locked
Best place to go clubbing in Dubai Jan 08, 2008
I am coming to Dubai from 10-15 of March and I was wondering where can i go clubing, whats the best place? I would like to visit a club, with house music or something similar? Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks guys...

justme
Dubai Forum User

Jan 08, 2008
Apparently The Lodge at Al Nasr is where its at right now.

Rather large place to suit all clubbing styles and tastes.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 08, 2008
^ian^ wrote:Apparently The Lodge at Al Nasr is where its at right now.

Rather large place to suit all clubbing styles and tastes.

hmm that place gets either very crowded or empty.. .. when ever I've gone there.. had also seen a bit of a problem with the bearer ppl's attitude there.. wouldnt wanna call it racist but observed some differential treatment towards people of diff skin color on a very less crowded hip hop night.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Best place to go? Jan 08, 2008
justme wrote:I am coming to Dubai from 10-15 of March and I was wondering where can i go clubing, whats the best place? I would like to visit a club, with house music or something similar? Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks guys...

Depending what your tastes like. Much talk about the town are the following (not that I would rate them myself) but at least its great people watching:
- The Apartment
- Zinc
- Kazbar
- Trilogy
- Chi @ the Lodge
- Rock Bottom
- Jam Base
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Jan 08, 2008
for me the lodge has some great house music but lacks atmosphere because of its size. Zinc i really enjoyed great atmos low ceilings and awsome funkadelic electro progressive house lol
jambase was a fun nite as well but is more relaxed ususally with live music but still an enjoyable evenin.
Rock bottom well the name sums it up a good place to go if u just wanna get drunk and jump about with ur mates lol
DDastardly
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 08, 2008
the buddah bar at the grovsenor hotel is cool
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Best place to go? Jan 09, 2008
BabyDoll wrote:
justme wrote:I am coming to Dubai from 10-15 of March and I was wondering where can i go clubing, whats the best place? I would like to visit a club, with house music or something similar? Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks guys...

Depending what your tastes like. Much talk about the town are the following (not that I would rate them myself) but at least its great people watching:
- The Apartment
- Zinc
- Kazbar
- Trilogy
- Chi @ the Lodge
- Rock Bottom
- Jam Base

are these all in hotels?
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Best place to go? Jan 09, 2008
studstar wrote:are these all in hotels?

Yes, except for Chi/The Lodge
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 09, 2008
Trilogy started a gay ass policy of requiring membership to go there .. and to do that you have to submit your passport copy .. i have heard that there are 4 people at any given night there now ..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 12, 2008
Depends on what you want really, just avoid Club 400 'resident' (Who also somehow hates it because it's full of "posers") MaaaD can testify :D, overpriced, overrated and overcrowded most of the time (According to what I heard, never been to that shithole)

My personal favorites are Peppermint and Chi/Lodge, but both have been getting a bit overrated sometimes... Chi after Ramadan have been getting the big house and trance names, but the crowds have been awful, everyone going to the stupid rnb and hip-hop room, they had a top Irish trance act playing outside, but it was literally empty by 2:20 with over 30 minutes left to play. Now? Apart from this weekend, it's been cheesy stuff and unknowns (Not saying unknowns are bad, some unknowns are better than the overrated Tiesto, but cheesy is unacceptable)
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 13, 2008
How is the 360?
justme
Dubai Forum User

Jan 13, 2008
Haven't been there for quite a while, but it's overall a VERY nice place to chill out and 'lounge' at, they can't play loud music anymore due to the new regulations set by the DTCM, but I can still imagine it being lively and nice on weekends and even weekdays. Amazing view and ambience ;)
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 24, 2008
anyone tried Tribe (Crowne Plaza)? any good?
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 24, 2008
Yes went l;ast week there was about 15 people in there. pretty soulless bar
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 26, 2008
Zinc&Kazbar
orik
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2008
Does anyone know where can i look for the events that are going to happen and are planed? Not the regular nights! Where can I look which DJ is playing in a particular club?
justme
Dubai Forum User

Jan 27, 2008
check here:
http://www.timeoutdubai.com

search for nightlife events in the upcoming weeks.
spoonman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 28, 2008
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 04, 2008
JamBase, Trader Vics and Agency in Madinat
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 18, 2008
JMK wrote:anyone tried Tribe (Crowne Plaza)? any good?

yeah it was empty when i went too, they are not doing a very good job with the promoters they are picking. Also what sucks about the place is the bathroom is a 5 minute walk outside from the bar. Other than that i think its designed for large dance parties but without anyone dancing so far :S
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 18, 2008
justme wrote:Does anyone know where can i look for the events that are going to happen and are planed? Not the regular nights! Where can I look which DJ is playing in a particular club?

you can also check www.mumtazz.com or www.infusion.ae
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Guide and photosForum Rules

Return to Dubai Guide and photos