Wire Transfer Problem

Topic locked
Wire transfer problem Apr 04, 2013
Hi,

Im having a problem with ADCB bank in Dubai. My sister in law had transfered some money to me through wire transfer last 20th March. The problem is the money is not in until today. She went to the bank few times and the bank said they will contact the bank here in malaysia and her next visit they told her the money will be in the next day but it never did. I communicated with my bank here and they said theres nothing much they can do as they're only the receiver but they advised me to get the mt103 from ADCB Bank so that they can trace the money. My sister in law went to the bank again yesterday to get the mt103 but they didnt give it to her and told her they will communicate with my bank directly and said that the money will be in today. But the money is still not in today. It has been more than 10 days and this is riddiculous. I just asked my sister in law to go there again today and insist on the mt103. Anyone here has any advise on what to do as i dont know what to do anymore. Thanks

elle2013
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Wire Transfer Problem Apr 04, 2013
I think your sister should insist on m103.
A SWIFT wire transfer should happen in 3 working days.
So it is possible that there is an error in the Account Number or the SWIFT code.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: Wire transfer problem May 05, 2013
The only reason I see here that the operator could have submitted a request for transfer which wasn't processed due to system malfunctioning. But the only thing which can help you claim that amount is that MT number. Keep that receipt and launch a complain on their support or complain email address, I believe email addresses are more effective than calls, Secondly if things get worst or if someone try to be in cooperative with you launch an e-complaint to the government E-Complaint cell and I bet your voice will be heard the next day.

elle2013 wrote:Hi,

Im having a problem with ADCB bank in Dubai. My sister in law had transfered some money to me through wire transfer last 20th March. The problem is the money is not in until today. She went to the bank few times and the bank said they will contact the bank here in malaysia and her next visit they told her the money will be in the next day but it never did. I communicated with my bank here and they said theres nothing much they can do as they're only the receiver but they advised me to get the mt103 from ADCB Bank so that they can trace the money. My sister in law went to the bank again yesterday to get the mt103 but they didnt give it to her and told her they will communicate with my bank directly and said that the money will be in today. But the money is still not in today. It has been more than 10 days and this is riddiculous. I just asked my sister in law to go there again today and insist on the mt103. Anyone here has any advise on what to do as i dont know what to do anymore. Thanks
malikmudassar
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum