Moving From Toronto - Questions

Topic locked
Moving from Toronto - Questions Jan 14, 2007
I'm planning on moving to Dubai from Toronto (Canada). I have tons of questions that I need to know to make this transition smooth.

1. Famous Job Websites (to search for jobs)
2. RealEstate sites (to find housing in Dubai/Sharjah)
3. Did anyone on this site relocate from Toronto? Canada? U.S?
4. How does the work visa thing work for Canadian citizens?
5. I'm actually in Software Quality Assurance - automation or manual. Does anyone know what the market is life in this field? and the salary rate?
6. Commute from Sharjah to Dubai? Traffic? GYM memberships?
7. Classified section for cars and motorcycles.

Any information you guys can provide will really help. If you know some agent that deals with people in this situations then do let me know.

Thanks for your help.

toronto_to_dubai
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 14, 2007
This site had been around for years and every week there are people like you asking the same questions. Have you used the search function of this site and checked the jobs and expat help forums to find some of this info for yourself first? Also, searching in Google turns up a lot of info. We'd be happy to help with more specific questions if you care to do some basic groundwork for yourself first.

Yes, there are Canadians who have relocated here from Toronto, Canada and the US and many other countries.

Canadians are not subject to special visa rules.

The commuting times to Sharjah depends on where you live.

Traffic, yes, there is lots here.

Yes, gym memberships are available and the prices vary. Some companies have gym facilities for their workers for free, others give a discount. Other people use gyms close to where they live.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 15, 2007
kanelli wrote:This site had been around for years and every week there are people like you asking the same questions. Have you used the search function of this site and checked the jobs and expat help forums to find some of this info for yourself first? Also, searching in Google turns up a lot of info. We'd be happy to help with more specific questions if you care to do some basic groundwork for yourself first.

Yes, there are Canadians who have relocated here from Toronto, Canada and the US and many other countries.

Canadians are not subject to special visa rules.

The commuting times to Sharjah depends on where you live.

Traffic, yes, there is lots here.

Yes, gym memberships are available and the prices vary. Some companies have gym facilities for their workers for free, others give a discount. Other people use gyms close to where they live.

Fair enough.
I totally bypassed all the stickys.
toronto_to_dubai
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 15, 2007
I've been in dubai for a month now, moved from Etobicoke.

I'll help you out...
djl
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 15, 2007
How are you liking it in Dubai. I'm in Brantford via Toronto right now but was very close to coming over in April. Do you have a wife? Did she come? How does she enjoy it? If you don't mind me asking, what brought you to Dubai?
giggsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum