Moving Or Not?

Topic locked
moving or not? May 28, 2007
hi i've been offered a job at ski dubai for 116 000 AED a year, i'd like to live in city centre i mean a nice place where everything's happening in studio or a 1 bedroom flat.

does it worth it?

chriss200
Dubai Forum Guest

May 28, 2007
What's the break ups? Is it ALL inclusive? Any allowance? What nationality are you?

In general, if it's ALL inclusive, less than 10K a month is tough.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 29, 2007
xty wrote:What's the break ups? Is it ALL inclusive? Any allowance? What nationality are you?

In general, if it's ALL inclusive, less than 10K a month is tough.

He can manage if he is single and gets a small place.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 29, 2007
thank you for your quick answers, i'm french but i'm living in uk right now, they just that it will include health care.
i've got a certain life style, i like to go out and stuff but i don't want to be short in money every end of the month
chriss200
Dubai Forum Guest

May 29, 2007
chriss200 wrote:thank you for your quick answers, i'm french but i'm living in uk right now, they just that it will include health care.
i've got a certain life style, i like to go out and stuff but i don't want to be short in money every end of the month

Would be a struggle, 1 bedroom apartment out near MoE will cost you 70 - 80k, not much left for anything else.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 29, 2007
Based on what I know of Dubai, I wouldn't do it.

You will probably have to commute quite a distance just to get to work because it would be difficult to afford a place in that area on your salary. Once you factor in a vehicle (which I think is necessary), there isn't much leftover at all.

Neil
neltron3030
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 29, 2007
it would be a stretch-- you might consider a share opportunity if you can get one
Sydneysider
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2007
thank you guys, i think i'll just pass on this one unless they give me more
chriss200
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum