Jobs For Western Electricians In Dubai

Topic locked
Jobs for Western Electricians in Dubai Jul 19, 2005
I am planning to move over to Dubai in Jan 2006 and my partner would like to join me. He is a trade qualified electrician with 6 yrs experience. What are his chances of finding work in Dubai in the AED 11K-15K salary bracket (his current take home salary)????

gherks
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Jobs for Western Electricians in Dubai Jul 19, 2005
gherks wrote:I am planning to move over to Dubai in Jan 2006 and my partner would like to join me. He is a trade qualified electrician with 6 yrs experience. What are his chances of finding work in Dubai in the AED 11K-15K salary bracket (his current take home salary)????

i've never ever heard of a western electrician over here :roll:

have a look into the large companies - emaar, murray and roberts, etc.
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

shocking news! Jul 20, 2005
i agree, one of the larger construction companies should be able to provide a decent package. he will need to be certified/ licensed here before he can work. i'll see if i can find out the procedure. make sure he brings his CERTIFIED (uae consulate) certificates with him!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

electricians Jul 24, 2005
had a quick chat with a friend of mine.

you have to bring your attested documents with you!
dubai municipality conducts trade tests once a week for "engeneering proffesionals" i.e. people who have a quailification which needs to be endorsed or attested. the cost is about 500 dirhams for the test. you will need to pass the test/ competnency to be licensed locally to operate LEGALLY...
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum