JOBS AND WOMEN OF DUBAI

Topic locked
JOBS AND WOMEN OF DUBAI May 20, 2005
Hi everyone,

I'm a 21-year-old white male, that's planning to move to Dubai.
I currently live in suburbs of Los Angeles in California, and I've been working in the IT industry since I was 18.

So hopefully, having 3 years of experience in the field, I'll be able to find a job in Dubai! :D

So far, I've only signed up with jobsindubai.com as my recruitment agency. Are there any other good agencies out there that you'd recommend? :help:

And on the totally different note.

I have an Arabic friend, who says that there are no good-looking women in Dubai, with some rare rare exceptions. He says that majority of them work in hotels and rarely leave the premises, so unless you're drinking at some hotel, you're screwed.
He says that if I want to meet some good-looking women, I need to
go to Beirut and party there over the weekend. But come on now, spending 300$ on ariline tickets just to meet some hotties isn't the way I invisioned 21st century Arabia! :shock:

So please let me know what the situation is really like over there ! :blob5:

Thanks a lot in advance!

Glonus
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 21, 2005
Ur Arabic freind is fun and want u to turn one like Liban. There are lots of good-looking chicks here in Dubai but not as much as u see in Canada. :D
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 21, 2005
The best looking girls in the arab world are in Lebanon and in Morocco. However, your friend is incorrect in saying that there are no good looking girls in Dubai. There are so many expats from Lebanon and Morocco there so go figure. Plus there are some khaleeji girls that are stunning beleive it or not...

Sniper, the good looking girls in Canada are usually the immigrant ones from Mediterranean countries (arab and south euro).
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 21, 2005
Liban wrote:The best looking girls in the arab world are in Lebanon and in Morocco. However, your friend is incorrect in saying that there are no good looking girls in Dubai. There are so many expats from Lebanon and Morocco there so go figure. Plus there are some khaleeji girls that are stunning beleive it or not...

Sniper, the good looking girls in Canada are usually the immigrant ones from Mediterranean countries (arab and south euro).

NAHH. In canada on average if u stand by the intersection u see 8 out of ten women beautiful and eh they are Canaidians! :D but in dubai it's 4 ot 5 out of 10. Yeah I like some Lebanese chicks. They are beautiful but not as beau as Canaidians!. :)
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 21, 2005
Depends on what your idea of good looking is. I don't really find pasty white girls or blonds for that matter too appealing. I like a bit of color.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

women in dubai May 21, 2005
yeah, i agree. the general consensus is that your friend is talking crap! as a matter of fact you see more exposed flesh in dubai than you would see in most middle-eastern countries!

on the job note. take my advice get one before you come out here. the it industry is VERY over subscribed, plenty of cheap, well educated and egar to please people out here! you will realy have to be something special to stand out!

The place attracts people in thier droves... all looking for the gold paving the streets, unfortunately when they get here they can't see the gold as the street is covered with other people also looking for it!

you can also try www.clarendonpaker.com and regsiter on line.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 30, 2005
THe women here are all beautiful!! One problem is getting them to talk to you. The men seem to treat all women like objects(which is cool, but dont let the chick know!) in public, so they have a bad impression of cats they meet on the street. Of course there are the whores, which is cool if you wanna get straight to the point. Tell them that in the US, we usually get a test run first before we pay. It worked for me on a few simple-minded thicky thicks!!!
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

May 31, 2005
Dubai is filled with gorgeous girls from all over the world! Think your friend must have a specific taste in women. Personally from what I've seen of Lebanese women they have plastic surgery as soon as humanly possible, and the make-up is slapped on with a trowl and I really don't know who finds that whole light lipstick with dark lip liner thing attractive, most of my male friends would run a mile in the other direction.

But I supposed it depends what you find attractive.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 31, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Dubai is filled with gorgeous girls from all over the world! Think your friend must have a specific taste in women. Personally from what I've seen of Lebanese women they have plastic surgery as soon as humanly possible, and the make-up is slapped on with a trowl and I really don't know who finds that whole light lipstick with dark lip liner thing attractive, most of my male friends would run a mile in the other direction.

Exactly true "One man's meat is other man's poison"
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 03, 2005
I hear ya sniper!! I was quite surprised when I saw some of the beautiful women in Dubai. And I don't mean the pay by the hour types... :lol:
Yippy_69
Dubai Forum User

Dec 07, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Dubai is filled with gorgeous girls from all over the world! Think your friend must have a specific taste in women. Personally from what I've seen of Lebanese women they have plastic surgery as soon as humanly possible, and the make-up is slapped on with a trowl and I really don't know who finds that whole light lipstick with dark lip liner thing attractive, most of my male friends would run a mile in the other direction.

I totally agree with you i would also run a mile in the opposite direction
ak_47
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 07, 2005
As Aqua would sing in Barbie Girl:

'Life in plastic, it's fantastic!'

And I can't believe I just admitted to knowing the lyrics to that song :oops:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 07, 2005
its like that damn "frog" song...want to throttle that frog...here froggie froggie...come to daddy :twisted:
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 07, 2005
Guys, there are great looking women in every country. When I was in the Deira City Centre I saw many beautiful women (the ones that weren't covering their faces that is).

In Canada I think there are many beautiful women because they come from all over the world, and some of the mixed parents make for gorgeous offspring. Quebecois women are very beautiful actually.

Liban, what's your beef with "pasty skin"! I'm dark haired and dark eyed with pasty skin, and I'm not terrible to look at :twisted:

:lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 13, 2005
Liban wrote:The best looking girls in the arab world are in Lebanon and in Morocco.

This is really random, but could you post some pictures of the type of women your talking about? I am bi-racial and have never fit in where I live in America. I have been told I look greek and some other things :roll: ....well thanks I hope I would blend in better in Dubai, im sure I will feel at home.

Glonus, im from so cal too. you need to open up your mind to what you think is beautiful...b/c I know what your perception of beauty is (out here). I dont think the import bleach to dubai anyway. :P jk
L_pevensie
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 13, 2005
Well it makes me laugh when people moan about pale skin, seeing as there are so many bleaching products available here, it's a joke. Many pale skinned people tan and fake tan like crazy, whilst many people with darker complexions use all the lightening products, which surely can't be good for the skin.

It's nuts!

Can't we just be happy the colour we are? I'm just about as pale as you can get, with loads of freckles but so what.

Friends actually joke that they have to use sunglasses around me as I reflect the light - Doh! But tanning is not my thing.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 13, 2005
Best of both worlds - not too fair, not too dark... yellowish and easy to tan.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2005
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but having said that, some people are just blind ! :confused2:
lochness
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 13, 2005
:lol: Hahahaha nice one! Yeah so true, everyone likes something different. If we all liked the same thing it would be pretty darn boring.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 13, 2005
Choco, I'm the same way - tanning isn't my thing at all. In fact, I burn after about 15 minutes, so am always slathered in sunscreen. Shoe-leather skin and cancer aren't really cool, so I'll just be happy with my pale skin.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 13, 2005
yep
the american idea of beauty is a joke
not to be too synical or anything!
L_pevensie
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 13, 2005
Guys,

I have lived in 5 different countries in past ten years...Europe and Asia. Beauty is everywhere...frankly its difficult to rate them. I live on the rule...every chick is Kool.... :wink:
iceman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 14, 2005
lochness wrote:Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but having said that, some people are just blind ! :confused2:

well said. I have a saying " Everybody is beautiful in their own way" :D
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 14, 2005
sipe,r whats ur signature all about?
L_pevensie
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum