Is Dubai Any Good For Mixed Race Western Woman

Topic locked
is dubai any good for Mixed race western woman Apr 12, 2008
HI

I'm considering a move to Dubai but my partner is mixed race Brittish
(mixed Filipino / Caribbean)

She is worried about what kind of experience she is likely to have there?

Please help...

What is likely...

what's the worst likely case and how likely is she to experience this

What's the best case and how likely is that to be her experience?

anruari
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: is dubai any good for Mixed race western woman Apr 13, 2008
anruari wrote:HI

I'm considering a move to Dubai but my partner is mixed race Brittish
(mixed Filipino / Caribbean)

She is worried about what kind of experience she is likely to have there?

Please help...

What is likely...

what's the worst likely case and how likely is she to experience this

What's the best case and how likely is that to be her experience?

If your asking racial discrimination, its highly unlikeky she will experience one, majority of expats here comes from the sub-continent mainly Indians, Pakistanis, etc. and the number of Filipino expats are high as well. Consequently the hospitality of these people are unquestionable in my own experience.

Even if she experience one , that would be unusual in Dubai rather than the norm. Tell your partner not to worry about such things.

There are other things to worry about Dubai like the traffic and high cost of living... :lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Just to clarify the question: Apr 14, 2008
My partner is mixed carribean & Fillipino

She's quite worried about what kind of experience she's likely to have if I decide to accept the job offer I currently have.

She would very much like to hear from of other peoples experiences, both Good and Bad.

We are hoping to go and spend a few days in Dubai before any final decision is made, but any responses from black or coloured females would be very grately apperciated. Particularly those with a western viewpoint / background.
anruari
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Just to clarify the question: Apr 15, 2008
anruari wrote:My partner is mixed carribean & Fillipino

She's quite worried about what kind of experience she's likely to have if I decide to accept the job offer I currently have.

She would very much like to hear from of other peoples experiences, both Good and Bad.

We are hoping to go and spend a few days in Dubai before any final decision is made, but any responses from black or coloured females would be very grately apperciated. Particularly those with a western viewpoint / background.

If you are currently living in the UK, I would say she has less to worry about here.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum