Help - Advice On Bank Opening And Closing Times In Dubai...

Topic locked
Help - Advice on Bank opening and closing times in Dubai... Feb 13, 2007
Hello all!

I will be in Dubai for one day only this month to sell my property, and will receive a cash cheque from my agent (Better Homes) on Sheikh Zayed Road.

I will then need to cash the cheque to receive local dirhams at any bank.

Ill be on Sheikh Zayed Road (Better Homes offices).

Can anyone tell me the nearest bank to this office where i can cash a large cheque ? I want to also know if banks tend to close at certain times during the day e.g 1pm-4pm! ill be visiting on a Tuesday Weekday.

Thanks for all your help.

Imran

ikqureshi
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 14, 2007
First off congrats, and can i borrow some money :lol: :lol:

Seriously there are alot of banks on SZR, I think they all close before 2:30 I would really try to get to one before 1pm.

I've never been in a position here to cash a 'large' cheque without a bank account so don't really know how it works, but if you are getting the cheque from Better Homes, wouldn't it make sense to go to whichever bank they use? maybe even meet your realtor there? that way there are no cheque clearing issues?
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Feb 14, 2007
Cheers for the advice. Yes i should go to their banking partner and get the money. better homes have assured me (so have others) that a cash cheque of any amount must be honored by banks as long as ID is provided. The Better Homes bank partner is the commercial bank of dubai CBD so your right i should dive into the nearest branch and see what happens. Only issue is time is short as i fly out same day...
ikqureshi
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum