Opening A Bank Account?

Topic locked
Opening a bank account? Mar 01, 2008
Hello,

I have a little odd question, right now I am working in Syria (Damascus) and here they can't offer me ( they dont offer it at all) a creditcard.

Is it possible to open a bank account in Dubai without living there? I am Swedish...if it will help in any way.

Simonee
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 01, 2008
I'm no expert but I believe all local banks require that you have a residence visa in the UAE to open a bank account with them.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Opening a bank account? Mar 02, 2008
Simonee wrote:Hello,

I have a little odd question, right now I am working in Syria (Damascus) and here they can't offer me ( they dont offer it at all) a creditcard.

Is it possible to open a bank account in Dubai without living there? I am Swedish...if it will help in any way.

I spoke with emirates bank, and they will allow an account to be opened, but you cannot receive checks, but can make money orders or pay to order checks. They also charge monthly fees for the account.
harkev
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 03, 2008
Apparently HSBC will open accounts for non-residents. If there's a Syrian bank in the UAE, that might be worth trying. I don't know, but here's a list of UAE banks to get you started :).

Of course another way is to buy a property, get a residence visa, and open a bank account.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum