Exiting UAE With Ongoing Absconding Case

Topic locked
Exiting UAE with ongoing absconding Case Aug 08, 2013
Hi,
My name is hoody, i am a US Citizen, i was in UAE in 2011 and was laid off of work on January 2012, I left back to the US and my company filed an absconding case even though they asked me to resign. I was unaware of this complaint, as they did it after i left the country. I am now in UAE because for a business trip and when I tried to leave yesterday, they told me i have an absconding case and need to resolve it with the immigration dept. I spoke with my previous employer they are willing to cooperate however due to Eid, most of the staff I need to get this going are all out of town. My situation-I need to leave the country for an urgent matter on Monday aug 12, 2013...I asked a few friends they said the quickest way you can leave is if you get a "kafala" or someone to put their passport for me at immigration that will gaurantee my return to finish resolving this issue. I do have all intentions to return and resolve it since its a matter of just paying the fee to dorp the case. However, I am very tight on time and cannot wait till the previous employer's essential personel come back because that will delay me another week at the least. My question-Is this true, if i can get a kafala for my absconding case, i would be able to leave the country and come back later...keep in mind my visa was cancelled automatically because i was out of the country for more than 6months.

hoody
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum