Absconding Case In Airport FZ. Need Help!

Topic locked
Absconding case in Airport FZ. Need help! Jun 13, 2013
I had an employment visa from Airport Freezon company. Company license had been expired and due to internal issues and lack of money my employer did not renew license (until now). My visa expired on January and from that moment they ask me to wait until license issue is solved.

At the same time I got job offer from LLC company in Dubai, but still stuck with my old employer because they cannot cancel my visa unless license will be cleared (as far as I know they have some fine to pay and no money to do so). The PRO of my new company said that he can cancel my visa himself but he only need a copy of FZ company license and computer card. My previous employer refuses to give these details and stop communicating with me. Not answering phone, sms, nobody in office. My new employer submits for basic approval in MOL and gets approval but then they inform me that I have status of absconding in the system.

Now I am in trouble: it is 5 month since my visa expired, status in the system Absconded, no crrent work, no income, can’t start work for new company, my old employer not communicating with me…

Please anybody advice what should I do? I am worry if I will be put in jail as I don’t have any written proof that my old employer ask me to wait and not to do anything as it might effect on them badly. My life is here in Dubai, I want to stay here but what should I do?

yelena21
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum