Alcohol Shipment

Topic locked
alcohol shipment Jan 17, 2006
Hey expats;

What if i ship among my personnal effect some bottles of my favourite belgian beer and customers find it? Anything else than they keep the bottles??

Thanks....

dimatteo.n
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 17, 2006
They like the Simpons here... So they may "release the hounds" on you...

Just kidding. They will seaze them and thats it if you are a Muslim.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 17, 2006
Tahnks Liban....

and if you are not muslim???
dimatteo.n
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 17, 2006
I think Liban made a bit of a typo, if you are NOT a Muslim, I’m not sure what the punishment would be but likely just seizure. If you are Muslim, 80 lashes from what i've heard.

Although in my year and a half here I've learned time and time again that no laws are set in stone, I even know people who are Muslims and have valid liquor licenses, go figure.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jan 18, 2006
fayz wrote:I think Liban made a bit of a typo, if you are NOT a Muslim, I’m not sure what the punishment would be but likely just seizure. If you are Muslim, 80 lashes from what i've heard.

Although in my year and a half here I've learned time and time again that no laws are set in stone, I even know people who are Muslims and have valid liquor licenses, go figure.

Go figure indeed! I don't think pure Islamic law is in effect anywhere in the UAE.
Acebravo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 18, 2006
My advice is don't. Alcohol is not really that expensive compared to other places we've been.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 18, 2006
I think it is absolutely forbidden to send alcohol with your household goods, you have to bring it in your luggage when you arrive. At least that is what our shipping documents stipulated when we moved here a little over a month ago.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 18, 2006
I think you are right! You don't want to start off on the wrong foot!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum