Do You Know Anyone Jailed In Dubai Bec Of Not Paying Bills?

Topic locked
Do you know anyone jailed in Dubai bec of not paying Bills? Sep 13, 2006
- Credit Card
- Etisalat
- DEWA/SEWA/..EWA

:?: :?: :?:

zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 13, 2006
nope i dont but can this happen

how long before they jail you i mean do they send you notices first etc warning you.

Never really been in that situation
dubaiquote
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2006
Ive heard an echo somewhere :lol:
zam

Sep 13, 2006
Bouncing cheques is the worst crime here...

Bizarre!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 13, 2006
Planning on skipping your August bills Zam ? :lol:
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Planning on skipping your August bills Zam ? :lol:

not really MaaaD :lol: thinking of someway to eliminate someone...ehehe :wink:

just wondering coz in my homeland there's no such rule....so peeps usually overspend with their credit cards and kalassss.
zam

Re: Do you know anyone jailed in Dubai bec of not paying Bil Sep 13, 2006
zam wrote:- Credit Card
- Etisalat
- DEWA/SEWA/..EWA

Credit card and personal loan..anything related to bank loan is a serious crime... You cant play a fool with the Banks. I have an english friend who just came out from the lock up recently... He was in the lock up for 3 months for not paying his loans which he did'nt do purposely as he was on a business trip. Police came to his working place without his knowledgeand arrested him. He lost his job and his accomodation as company was paying for it. Now that he is out, he has to move from one friends place to another as he does not have anything nor money with him. Luckily one of his friend got him a job and he will start anytime next month.. So you have to be careful as loans here is not a joke especially with the banks.
janet67
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Bouncing cheques is the worst crime here...

Bizarre!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

yes, because under Sharia law you cannot be compled to repay a debt - you can plead poverty. this is why banks and certain companies ask for a signed blank cheque as collateral, as they know if you default on the load they can submit the cheque (usually with some astronomical amount on it); when it bounces you can then be prossicuted for fraud - which is illegal and punishable under the law
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Re: Do you know anyone jailed in Dubai bec of not paying Bil Sep 13, 2006
janet67 wrote:
zam wrote:- Credit Card
- Etisalat
- DEWA/SEWA/..EWA

Credit card and personal loan..anything related to bank loan is a serious crime... You cant play a fool with the Banks. I have an english friend who just came out from the lock up recently... He was in the lock up for 3 months for not paying his loans which he did'nt do purposely as he was on a business trip. Police came to his working place without his knowledgeand arrested him. He lost his job and his accomodation as company was paying for it. Now that he is out, he has to move from one friends place to another as he does not have anything nor money with him. Luckily one of his friend got him a job and he will start anytime next month.. So you have to be careful as loans here is not a joke especially with the banks.

Janet is correct with this post, bad debt is very serious here.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 13, 2006
Yet sorry to say many locals get way with giving bad cheques and the police do nothing. And I only mean that due to the experiences of some friends, where they've been given rubber cheques, but the police and banks did absolutely nothing.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 13, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Yet sorry to say many locals get way with giving bad cheques and the police do nothing. And I only mean that due to the experiences of some friends, where they've been given rubber cheques, but the police and banks did absolutely nothing.

that may be. but it is very funny when one local gives another a cheque that bounces .... then its a different set of rules that are applied .. :)
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat