UAE Raises Minimum Salary Limit For Expats With Family

Topic locked
UAE raises minimum salary limit for expats with family Jul 02, 2009
Expat residents who want to bring their families into the country must earn a minimum monthly salary of AED10,000 ($2,723), up from AED6,000 under new rules, it was reported on Thursday.

HAHAHA.. New rules sucks

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/560719-u ... ith-family

Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 02, 2009
They will do everything under the sun but not impose restrictions on and properly regulate house rents.

They will not strictly enforce minimum wage requirements.

The expats are the only ones who can be bullied.

This affects signifcant population. The new rule will only create more social problems. More forced bachelors. No balance in society.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 02, 2009
But people sitting in NRD don't think that way :evil:

And as usual this law is passed without any valid reasons or debate. I wonder if the law makers here debate at all before they pass these laws.
Since they are not able to have a price control so passing such laws is easy way to tackle the problems.

And it's going to promote a bachelor's society
janathar
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 02, 2009
janathar wrote:But people sitting in NRD don't think that way :evil:

oh, they think, do they??? ;-)
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 02, 2009

And as usual this law is passed without any valid reasons or debate. I wonder if the law makers here debate at all before they pass these laws.
Since they are not able to have a price control so passing such laws is easy way to tackle the problems.

that is what happens in a democracy. not here
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 02, 2009
Looks like only expats with cash are needed :(
Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 03, 2009
agree with Fran .... dont like it get out is the attitude ... very sad ... however statin that you need a sal of at least 8-10 k if your going to stay in dxb with a fam so I guess its not such a bad thing ... dunno its a case to case basis
olivertwisted
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 04, 2009
Another nail in the coffin we call Dubai.

What a shame, dont they know how to run a country or an economy??!!
Guardasil
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 04, 2009
the salaries here r very low and where people wil go??
All expenses and proces r increasing except 4 the salaries.

There r people with no home country,, many married men r here and leaving there families out of country...

accomodation is the biggest problem like for example if salary is 7000 or even 6000 and they give accomodation fees or lower down the rent price then this could be affordable..

This subject is huge: accomodation, universities, schools, families, cars, petrol.....

Nevertheless,,this country attracts lots and lots of ppl
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 04, 2009
They are ringing their own death bells! Its a foolish decision amidst such an economic crisis

If the families of midlle class expats leave this country, there will be no business for supermarkets, schools will be vacant, most of the houses will be unoccupied and it will reflect in all businesses - small as well as big. So in the long-term only this country's economy will be affected.
Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 04, 2009
Mayflower wrote:They are ringing their own death bells! Its a foolish decision amidst such an economic crisis

If the families of midlle class expats leave this country, there will be no business for supermarkets, schools will be vacant, most of the houses will be unoccupied and it will reflect in all businesses - small as well as big. So in the long-term only this country's economy will be affected.

Exactly coz who did build and building the country except 4 expats!!!
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 04, 2009
silent wrote:Nevertheless,,this country attracts lots and lots of ppl

I don't think so. As I read total ihabitance of Dubai have been reduced by 8% for last year. There are not only Brits who left Dubai but also Filipinos in great quantities.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 04, 2009

Good news for the girls in the Ascot Hotel.....

Surely the largest emigration must have been the huge unneeded Indian manual labour force (combined with a lot of whte collar workers who over the last year or so have found wages at home to be rising enough to make their living here less attractive), not Filipino's or Brits?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 04, 2009
Speedy!!! How are you, mate? How was yr. Bali adventure? Good?
I've just remebered our old kind discussion.
:) :) :)

By the way I have written about Brits/Filipinos exactly what I had read in the media.

Speedy, I think the main part of your nick is "Hump", not "Speed". I mean your ultra conservative credo.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 04, 2009
i heard that everyone says" go and c how the airports will lok like n the summer"

It means not ppl going 4 vacation but yet fired from work due to the current cicumstances..

But really its hard
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 04, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Speedy!!! How are you, mate? How was yr. Bali adventure? Good?
I've just remebered our old kind discussion.
:) :) :)

By the way I have written about Brits/Filipinos exactly what I had read in the media.

Speedy, I think the main part of your nick is "Hump", not "Speed". I mean your ultra conservative credo.

Hi Chief. Holiday was good thanks. With wife and daughter so could not be described as an adventure :) Lovely people, pretty island, good local food. I believe there are some fine hotels there but we stayed in a private villa, with butler, cook, driver etc, and chatted to them quite a lot, learning about their island and customs. They are happy, relaxed and content as a whole. I guess it may help that only about 10 pct of the inhabitants are Muslim, compared to the severe religious attitudes in the rest of Indonesia. It's very unspoiled if you get out of the tourist areas of Kuta, Nusa Dua, etc., and go to the main northern part of the island. Kuta town is full of surfing Aussies but you can't have everything :D Apparently it's very popular with Russians earlier in the season, many menus, etc are printed in Russian and I was mistaken for Russian a couple of times.

Re the people leaving Dubai, I was only thinking about the information that we all have about the massive construction downturn. Surely far more groundlevel labourers will be leaving than Caucasian project managers, etc., as there are simply more of them hat are now surplus to requirements. Just my own thoughts.

I guess the media don't concern themselves with the 'real' uncounted workers of Dubai. Also you know that the media love to write about Brits whether it is factual or not. Remember the recent Arabianbusiness.com item headlined 'Brits earn more than xxxx (some race or other, I forget)', even thought Brits were not the highest paid on the table they printed, not even second. :D It's a stupid thing but Brits make headlines, I have no idea why.

Conservative, yes, maybe you also mean I am reactionary. I can be that too :D. I think I see you as the same in some of your posts about your homeland. ;)

Not a problem.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2009
Wish they'd state exactly how they arrived at the 10,000 buffer. Why not 9500? Was it based on the CPI, expectations of inflation etc?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Wish they'd state exactly how they arrived at the 10,000 buffer. Why not 9500? Was it based on the CPI, expectations of inflation etc?

This is thumbsucking estimation based on inflation numbers.

If you expect that people that earn 10k a month have to provide their own housing and cost of living, aswell as separate accomodation for their family, thats impossible. You need double incomes for that.

Either way, the real salary to make your family live in Dubai properly (to my standards) is to make double the money without having fun of any sort...

PS; Welcome back SH. Hope all is well.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 05, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:Wish they'd state exactly how they arrived at the 10,000 buffer. Why not 9500? Was it based on the CPI, expectations of inflation etc?

If you expect that people that earn 10k a month have to provide their own housing and cost of living, aswell as separate accomodation for their family, thats impossible. You need double incomes for that.

Either way, the real salary to make your family live in Dubai properly (to my standards) is to make double the money without having fun of any sort...

Hi Robster, all well thanks, hope you the same.

Many people have come to Dubai over the years to make money, not for the lifestyle, and they work almost 24/7. I know it wouldn't suit you or me but even so, it's not a new thing. What's new I guess is that more people now find themselves in that boat, with no money or time to relax. It's a shame, but times are hard all over, not just here! ;)

I think a lot of companies over the last couple of years (even pre-global crash) have cut back heavily on the 'package' they offer employees to move here (I think used to be car, kids school fees, housing, etc, Not that I ever got any of that :D).
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Hi Robster, all well thanks, hope you the same.

Many people have come to Dubai over the years to make money, not for the lifestyle, and they work almost 24/7. I know it wouldn't suit you or me but even so, it's not a new thing. What's new I guess is that more people now find themselves in that boat, with no money or time to relax. It's a shame, but times are hard all over, not just here! ;)

I think a lot of companies over the last couple of years (even pre-global crash) have cut back heavily on the 'package' they offer employees to move here (I think used to be car, kids school fees, housing, etc, Not that I ever got any of that :D).

Well, knowing myself a bit...24/7 is a bit overdone ofcourse, but for the right compensation I'm willing to work 12 hours a day.

Did it in my last job for months. Paid of course.

Anyone need a hard, but smart worker? :lol:
RobbyG

Jul 05, 2009
:D. Not at the moment!

You just got in from a night on the town?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2009
Speedhump wrote::D. Not at the moment!

You just got in from a night on the town?

Nope, no time to spend lush money.

I am chillin abit with Larry King momentarily.
Have a recruiter that is interested in me. No details yet, but hey progress right? ;)
RobbyG

Jul 05, 2009
I'll sacrifice my favourite goat for you, good luck mate, make sure you get that recruiter working his little butt off for ya ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2009
Speedhump wrote:I'll sacrifice my favourite goat for you, good luck mate, make sure you get that recruiter working his little butt off for ya ;)

...your fav goat :twisted:

Gimme a young lamb and I'll be happy. Like them tight :D

ps: Its a recruiter from a specific company (Japanese) based in LA, recruiting for the Middle East, Asia and Pacific region. Multinational company... jippie perhaps? ;)
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat