UAE SALARY GUIDE - Are You Receiving A Proper Salary?

Topic locked

Are you receiving the right salary?

Higher than what is listed.
22%
Yes
22%
No
22%
Almost
17%
Waaayyy Lowww
17%

Total votes : 23

UAE SALARY GUIDE - Are you receiving a proper salary? Jan 30, 2009
andrewg
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 30, 2009
The salary report for my industry is quite misleading IMO. The report lists the high end limit for my position as xx,xxx but I'm earning more than that yet am firmly in the average bracket at my company. Before you say that my company is an anomaly, can I just point out that my colleagues at other firms earn the same as I do.
zzzane
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 31, 2009
Very informative, thanks.

It seems the salary level in UAE is much higher than the Western world in general.

Maybe that's why so many of them roam this forum and is crowding our brotherly country with their.
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Feb 01, 2009
Yeah I heard hookers out here earn more than your typical CEO out in Bangladesh.
zzzane
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 01, 2009
The figures are way off mark in my industry too. The range in the doc is narrowed down. The lows can be as much as 50% lower and the highs - 50% higher. They do say that "figures may deviate from company to company" but surely not this much difference.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 15, 2009
@Andrewg:
Thanks for posting those documents.
I am surprised that this did not cause more discussion and replies, you would think everyone wants to talk about money and income and how to get more. I think it would get more views if posted in the general category.

@zzzane and @michaeldubai:
When you say that the charts do not reflect the true amounts, by approx 50% are you saying that the salary should be 50% higher than what is listed, for example under the chart for Consumer Banking the CEO is paid upper range of 150,000 but in reality it should be closer or higher than 150,000 + 75,000= 195,000 or higher, perhaps even approaching 250,000?

Does anyone have statistics for health care professionals such as surgeons?
I am curious to compare salaries or pay.

Thanks
Guardasil
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 20, 2009
i'm sure someone can help out with health or medical related professions. anyone?
andrewg
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 20, 2009
okay. let's just keep this thread updated with real statistics.
please post your friend's salary details.

if you can't post your details, post details of someone you know.

Example:
HR Manager - 25,000 AED / month - Jordanian
andrewg
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 21, 2009
That sounds like a good idea. No one is going to post their own salary but friend's salaries should give people a good idea.

Engineering Manager (Software) (3 staff under him): 42,000 / month - Australian

Coffee Boy/Office Boy: 1200 / month + accom - Filipino
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Feb 21, 2009
muslimbangladeshi wrote:Very informative, thanks.

It seems the salary level in UAE is much higher than the Western world in general.

Maybe that's why so many of them roam this forum and is crowding our brotherly country with their.

OH NO, HE'S BACK!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Feb 21, 2009
waaaaaaaaaaahhhh..i dont think companies are following the stated salaries...in my company we are underpaid..sad to say..i hope i dont generalize the Indian people...but as I observed they are very low paying Bosses! esp.keralites...:director: (oppps not all SOME of them are crap bosses too.)

i hope your not offended but its true based on what i had experienced til now..im searching job actually..i want to leave our company...my boss is really unprofessional..duh! what to do yani. I hope God will see how bad my boss is:boxing: ....thanks for reading..and comment me if u want! :angel12:
madelumbal
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat