The Something Nice Thread

Topic locked
Re: The Something Nice Thread Feb 01, 2011
A beautiful sight to see all the kids dressed in their bright Chinese costumes to celebrate the start of Chinese New Year.

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Bah ! Kids ! not so nice.

Nice : The weather again :D Not so since I just had big red fully washed, now a layer of sand is sitting on it again in less than 24 hrs !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Ah yes chinese new year, In kuala lumpur , its a biiiggg deal, People pretending to be dragons dancing around, loud music in every mall,

The only thing I like about chinese new year is watching many of the chinese ladies walking around wearing cheongsam's

And if you're wondering , This is a cheongsam -->

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Yes... Like un-wrappping candy :mrgreen:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dude, you SERIOUSLY need a woman in your life !!!
desertdudeshj

:lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: The something nice thread Feb 02, 2011
Not particularly something nice, but something that made me feel better today....

Got hammered for my fiancee having 5Kg too much weighti in her luggage at Terminal 3 this morning at the airport. AED 580/-, thanks very much. Anyway, half an hour later, whilst standing at the entrance to the departure gates waiting for my woman to pass through safely, was pleased in the misfortune of others, one indian guy and one arabic woman, who were stopped from going through with "hand luggage" which was obviosly far too muchm and told to weigh it on the scales in front of me. 20Kg and 25Kg respectively, when the allowance is 7Kg.

Sad to say it, but i felt a bit better knowing that someone else was going to have to pay more than me, as they had probabnly already checked in other luggage, judging by their desperate pleas for leniency, which fell on totally deaf ears (as did mine at the check in desk earlier).....

I had thought we could try it on with 5kg, and maybe get let off. How much brass neck does someone have to have to try it on with 20+Kg????!!!
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Re: The something nice thread Feb 02, 2011
Schadenfreude.....makes us all feel good....does that make us bad people? Nope.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Re: The something nice thread Feb 04, 2011
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens;
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens;
Brown paper packages tied up with strings;
These are a few of my favorite things.

Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels;
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles;
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings;

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes;
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes;
Silver-white winters that melt into springs;
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bethsmum

Re: The Something Nice Thread Feb 05, 2011
Enjoying the lush tropical greenery while there is cool temps and lots of breeze! It won't stay like this for much longer - back to hot and humid temps soon. :(
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: The something nice thread Feb 05, 2011
Douche-cat number 2 decided to wake me upby jumping on the bed and headbutting me - I don't know why she does this, she goes around headbutting everything and talking to herself - I have never come across a cat that talks so much!

Sitting here with a yummy Moccochino and looking forward to going back to bed :D
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Maybe it was a billy goat in a past life ?
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Maybe it was a billy goat in a past life ?

Were you a goat herder in a previous life?

Morning munchkin! How are you today? I'm very well, thanks!
Bethsmum

Re: The Something Nice Thread Feb 06, 2011
Had a nice date with hubby last night. Dinner by the river with a nice breeze... So nice to feel like a couple every once in a while.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: The something nice thread Feb 08, 2011
Enjoyed a very good new year's holiday with family and now back in Shanghai, getting ready for a business/leisure trip to Hong Kong on Friday!

:flower: :sunny: :D
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

WhiteJade wrote:Enjoyed a very good new year's holiday with family and now back in Shanghai, getting ready for a business/leisure trip to Hong Kong on Friday!

:flower: :sunny: :D

Happy New Year WJade! :)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Well.... I am running out right now to enjoy a barbecue with two dear friends. I am also told that they there is, awaiting us, a large ice-chest full of chilled beer, ...sitting on the grill’s side table.

Yep, I cannot wait to set off to let my hair down and have some fun with the boys. The last 2-3 weeks have been very hard on me (with rough work-related issues).

Sadly, I can't stay out too long though!! I still have to head back to work tomorrow morning :( , but, no matter what , I'm not gonna miss out on this opportunity for nothin’!!!!

:lol: :lol:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote:Well.... I am running out right now to enjoy a barbecue with two dear friends. I am also told that they there is, awaiting us, a large ice-chest full of chilled beer, ...sitting on the grill’s side table.

Yep, I cannot wait to set off to let my hair down and have some fun with the boys. The last 2-3 weeks have been very hard on me (with rough work-related issues).

Sadly, I can't stay out too long though!! I still have to head back to work tomorrow morning :( , but, no matter what , I'm not gonna miss out on this opportunity for nothin’!!!!

:lol: :lol:

Have a good time Tom! I'm really jealous!
Bethsmum

Supergran! Feb 09, 2011
Well it certainly made the feelgood factor category for me this morning, it would appear that some Grandparents STILL have the potential to put the fear of Christ up you :lol:

http://www.euronews.net/2011/02/08/hand ... rs-robbers
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: The something nice thread Feb 09, 2011
Made arrangements with a good friend who is coming to Dubai for a few days. Looking forward to Friday when we will get together at my place for dinner, good music, laughs and kick back some Chardonnay. Unfortunately someone can't be there with us. :( But I've already had my meet up with her a couple of weeks ago and we shared quite a few laughs and a lot of Chardonnay. We shall hold our glasses up to her in her absence as she will be missed!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Supergran! Feb 09, 2011
Dillon wrote:Well it certainly made the feelgood factor category for me this morning, it would appear that some Grandparents STILL have the potential to put the fear of Christ up you :lol:

http://www.euronews.net/2011/02/08/hand ... rs-robbers

She's awesome! Very brave! She must have been really ticked in order to launch right into the fray and not even fear that they'd take a hammer to her. :shock:

-- Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:25 am --

Have so many social gatherings this weekend, including a fancy brunch at a nice hotel where the desserts look like works of art! I should have been a pastry chef :)

-- Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:26 am --

Hmm, my new post is attached to my last post, even if made over a month ago?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat