The Something Nice Thread

Topic locked
The something nice thread Jan 28, 2011
This thread is where you write a nice moment or two from your day that made you feel good. It can be anything.

I'll start with two things. :D

After bathing my little guy this morning I was toweling him off and when I uncovered his face from the towel he looked at me so sweetly and in his cute soft voice said "Hi!" (He's been speaking more and more lately!)

This afternoon the boys were chasing each other in the house and wrapping themselves up like mummies in the livingroom curtains, but the funniest part was all the giggling! Nothing better or more contagious than kiddie giggles!

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: The Something Nice Thread Jan 28, 2011
hmmm, I will add something more specific as I go along, But for now

1. I felt nice (meaning had rush of pleasant emotions) when I saw the existence of this thread (not being sarcastic Sp.K)

2. And another nice thing I would like to say is - "Something Nice with Fire and Ice" , See what i'm sayin :mrgreen:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

I guess today would have been the weather, I like anything out of the ordinary here i.e sunshine with empty skies, gets boring after a while. So the wind and the sands storm was nice while it lasted but now its back to boring sun and blue skies :?

Other one would be, I was thinking of washing big red yesterday but at the last second decided not to, would have been caked in sand today if I did :D
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: The something nice thread Jan 28, 2011
1) Stayed over with old friends in Sharjah last night, was a great evening.

2) Just finished preperation of my Friday ritual BBQ (Hope the wind dies down a bit)
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sage, I've been hearing about these legendary BBQ's for a long time now man ! How bout a DF cook out !
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Sage, I've been hearing about these legendary BBQ's for a long time now man ! How bout a DF cook out !

It's an idea that I have been tossing around for a while, I will be traveling on Sunday and away for a month, I will be on every day but not in Dubai.

When I get back I will be in touch and maybe we can organise something.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aight, Awesome plan guyz, I'll get the nonaloholic beverages :mrgreen: , I have my boxing gloves stashed somwhere, I'll see if i can get those , in case anyone wants t Get something of their chest :mrgreen:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

I'd fly in, but I'm likely to be tossed on the coals (depending who is there ;)). Anyhooo, back to the nice fluffy stuff!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

sage & onion wrote:It's an idea that I have been tossing around for a while, I will be traveling on Sunday and away for a month, I will be on every day but not in Dubai.

Awesome stuff, I'll get the Hommous ! Can't have BBQ without hommous. Infact can have hommous with just about anything :D And no Zubs I said Hommus and not Homos !!!

kanelli wrote:I'd fly in, but I'm likely to be tossed on the coals (depending who is there ;)). Anyhooo, back to the nice fluffy stuff!

Image I'll get all my ID's just incase their is a raid or something :wink:

Y'all better have your liquor licenses on you aswell :mrgreen:

Anywhoo...back on topic to the fluffy stuff, I can see a blanket of clouds moving in, so thats nice.
desertdudeshj

I'm waiting for a new friend to come over to have drinks and something to eat. :wink: I'm sure it's going to be filled with a lot of giggles and laughter.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Well guys lets be fair and honest, if this little BBQ meet goes ahead it will be including the proper refreshments (if you know what I mean) the choice will be yours but I am certainly not going to sweat over my BBQ for 7up's thats for sure, LOL
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

LOL, ofcourse by all means and Hey ! whats wrong with 7up I happen to like 7up, but not as much as my Pepsi :)

P.S : I like me charcoal Kenelli well done :mrgreen:
desertdudeshj

Back on topic

The 2 things....

1. Well Im glad to know that all you peepz in da forum , are k00l :mrgreen:

2. Those who wish to make peace, have my respect :mrgreen:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

sage & onion wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Sage, I've been hearing about these legendary BBQ's for a long time now man ! How bout a DF cook out !

It's an idea that I have been tossing around for a while, I will be traveling on Sunday and away for a month, I will be on every day but not in Dubai.

hmm that's new, Sage supports a DF meeting! :D

Bora Bora wrote:I'm waiting for a new friend to come over to have drinks and something to eat. :wink: I'm sure it's going to be filled with a lot of giggles and laughter.

Have a great night! ;)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

There is a difference between a meeting and a BBQ. BBQ every one is concerned about the food and doesn't give a crap about anything else and from what I've heard Sage makes a mean BBQ 8)

Plus its food, who can say no to food !

Reminds me of one of my friends dad, you could make him sell himself into slavery if you treated him at his favourite resturant LOL !
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:There is a difference between a meeting and a BBQ. BBQ every one is concerned about the food and doesn't give a crap about anything else and from what I've heard Sage makes a mean BBQ 8)

well I think it is obvious by meeting I didnt mean the meeting of "heads of DF" to devise a strategic plan for the future of the forums!

People normaly talk when they having BBQ, it seems like you don't!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

NEVER ! when there is food to be had :mrgreen:
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:NEVER ! when there is food to be had :mrgreen:

Don't blame you m8, just had me fill of the BBQ and it was greattttttttttttttttttttttttttt
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Yessss, Sage rub it in ! Image
desertdudeshj

Re: The something nice thread Jan 29, 2011
Absolutely...I can say something nice happened to me today (Friday).

I was able to fly out of Egypt just before the Friday prayers!

It was a disastrous trip. Needless to say, I could not get anything done.

May God be with that country! It looks like a lot more lives will be lost before it’s all over!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: The Something Nice Thread Jan 29, 2011
Woah ! I'd would certainly call that lucky mate, way beyond just nice.
desertdudeshj

Well, I dreamt of my dead grand-mother, and that I was a kid again! In the morning, wifey was cross, "You've been acting childish all morning," she said. Pick out the 'something nice' there! :alien:
zonker
BANNED

zonker, just give her a skipping rope and it will bring out her childish side ;)

I woke up to a great display of affection from my cat. She was curled up above my head on the pillow and while purring started to chew my hair. :o
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

desertdudeshj wrote:Awesome stuff, I'll get the Hommous ! Can't have BBQ without hommous. Infact can have hommous with just about anything :D And no Zubs I said Hommus and not Homos !!!

I'll bring the snags (sausages).
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: The Something Nice Thread Jan 30, 2011
I am having a nice glass of pinot noir with a plate of cheese and crackers, wishing I was back on holiday in Paris again... :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: The something nice thread Jan 30, 2011
I normally get a big welcome from the Hounds of the Baskervilles when I get home from a hard day at the coalface, but tonight was special as they were both waiting behind the gate, tails wagging, with toys in their mouths ready for playtime!

Just makes coming home that little bit special.

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: The Something Nice Thread Jan 31, 2011
1) Did some wrenching after a long time, felt good to get down and dirty and do something with your hands ;)

2)Big Red got some long overdue TLC 8)

3)Might do some more grease monkey buffoonery tommorow aswell !
desertdudeshj

Re: The something nice thread Jan 31, 2011
Flying back to the UAE today.

Get home have a quick oil change and then re aquaint my self with the Higherbusa.

Then celerbrate new year with familly and friends

Then eat a full monty English Dinner

That is all.
busa
Dubai forums Addict

1. Had a surprise party thrown by my team, when I left my current project, Was very sad and pleasantly surprised, once the party was over, I had all lipstick marks all over my face and shirt, never knew hyper intelligent women were so passionate... *sigh*, Anyway, onwards to bigger better things...

2. Currently in vacation mode, before I hit Sheikh Mo'land..
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:1. Had a surprise party thrown by my team, when I left my current project, Was very sad and pleasantly surprised, once the party was over, I had all lipstick marks all over my face and shirt, never knew hyper intelligent women were so passionate... *sigh*, Anyway, onwards to bigger better things...

2. Currently in vacation mode, before I hit Sheikh Mo'land..

Nice to know that you're loved. :)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat