Signal Fault Disrupts Dubai Metro Services

Topic locked
Signal fault disrupts Dubai Metro services May 03, 2010
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/587213-s ... o-services

It's obvious from the comments posted that these people come from a perfect country where their is never a breakdown of anything!

Signalling issues disrupted services on Dubai Metro for several hours Saturday night the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) said.

According to a report in the National, trains were stopped between Burj Khalifa and Ibn Battuta stations after a train got stuck at Nakheel Harbour and Tower station.

A replacement bus service was put in place until services resumed.

Peyman Younes Parham, director of the RTA’s corporate marketing and communications department, told the paper the disruption was to do with a signalling fault.

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Signal Fault Disrupts Dubai Metro Services May 04, 2010
LoL, these two comments, below the article posted above, basically sum it all up...

Best transport system in the world!
Posted by Dubai forever! on Sunday 2 May 2010 at 19:16 UAE time

Dubai transport is best in the world! All the world should come here to see. I was riding a donkey before coming here, so I can compare and this is paradise! The west is past, here is the future!

To Babboo
Posted by Dubai forever! on Monday 3 May 2010 at 10:05 UAE time

Everybody tell me that Dubai is best, so it must be true. I was poor before, now not. I will never leave this paradise.
And metro is best in the world, no matter what you say.

Its all black and white, no sophistication... :lol: :P
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Signal fault disrupts Dubai Metro services May 04, 2010
Be assured the signalling fault was someone else's fault, not the RTA's fault, and the fault has been signalled to the fault department.

Which consists of a little Indian labourer tied to a chair in a small room. Whenever something goes wrong, they all go in there and give him a good kicking as its obviously all his fault!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Signal Fault Disrupts Dubai Metro Services May 12, 2010
Another good reason to wait before using the metro systems. Well either way i hope they start expanding the stations in other places. I just cant stand the number of buses occupying half the roads here.
PoolShark
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Signal fault disrupts Dubai Metro services May 15, 2010
An interesting statistic:

In 1823, the average speed of traffic on the streets of London was registered at 8 miles per hour. This consisted of horses and coaches.

In 1983, it was measured at 5 miles per hour!

Except on days when the bus drivers were on strike, then it increased to 13 miles per hour.

When will the tree-hugging-anti-nuking-gay-whale traffic planners realise that mass public road transport only works in certain circumstances and will not replace the individual mode of transport. Slightly different here though; the traffic planner in Dubai probably drives a 500 series Mercedes and has never been on a bus!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Signal fault disrupts Dubai Metro services May 15, 2010
Its pretty predictable now that every time a new station opens up something like this happens.

I think they are suppose to open a few today, lets wait and see :D
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat